afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I don't know the source or context of what he said  but i would interpret it as a pre-condition he would require if the steelers wanted him  to report before the trade deadline. Meaning if you guys want me to report before the trade deadline then my requirement is  i have veto power on any trade; that's not unreasonable  and can easily be accepted if they think it is critical to get him up and running with the team before Oct 30. 

Every week that goes by without him with the team can affect their chances to win/lose games.

I think this is correct, as far as it goes.  But I think there is obviously a huge disconnect between what Bell wants to do in contrast to what the team wants to do.  Bell wants to sit out half the season, then return to his starting role so that he can showcase himself for the 31 other NFL teams.  The Steelers want to win the Superbowl, but have likely concluded that a Le'Veon Bell return circus will be a distraction and will not help the team stay focused on winning.  

So a trade of Bell, even for a most modest return, might be in Pittsburgh's best interests.  Not in Bell's though, as he wants to thrive in the system he knows, not learn a new system on a new team.

When the pats never went back to Drew Bledsoe, he was sitting on the benching making millions while Brady was starting on a 6th round rookie contract. 

It's like the old saying goes, NEVER let the guy behind you get a chance to play or you might not get your job back. The worse thing that could have happened for Bell's money grab was Conner balling out. 

• Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, dashoe said:

i think Eagles can get lesean much cheaper than the cost of Bell  in terms of remaining payout for season and draft picks and from what I remember  they made an inquiry for him last season before taking Ajayi

but the reported asking price is basically equal to what PIT wants for Bell, a 2nd rounder+,  all things being equal can't imagine PHI picking McCoy over Bell if the price to acquire is similar

45 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I think this is correct, as far as it goes.  But I think there is obviously a huge disconnect between what Bell wants to do in contrast to what the team wants to do.  Bell wants to sit out half the season, then return to his starting role so that he can showcase himself for the 31 other NFL teams.  The Steelers want to win the Superbowl, but have likely concluded that a Le'Veon Bell return circus will be a distraction and will not help the team stay focused on winning.  

So a trade of Bell, even for a most modest return, might be in Pittsburgh's best interests.  Not in Bell's though, as he wants to thrive in the system he knows, not learn a new system on a new team.

If the Steelers want to win a Super Bowl then the chances of them reaching that goal is better with Le’Veon Bell in the backfield. 

Your love for James Conner is out of control. 

15 minutes ago, Even_More_Guruist said:

I bet the Steelers are not too happy they have a backup who has preformed so well but has been away from the team for months in case Conner goes down during their hunt for the championship.

FIFY

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

If the Steelers want to win a Super Bowl then the chances of them reaching that goal is better with Le’Veon Bell in the backfield. 

Your love for James Conner is out of control. 

This isn't Madden and it's not fantasy and it's not the NBA.  Football is the ultimate team game.  Bell turned his back on his teammates, you can't undo that.

Conner is a good player in a great situation.  I am not ready to pour Conner's bust for Canton just yet.

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

This isn't Madden and it's not fantasy and it's not the NBA.  Football is the ultimate team game.  Bell turned his back on his teammates, you can't undo that.

Conner is a good player in a great situation.  I am not ready to pour Conner's bust for Canton just yet.

give me a break, Pouncy has already come out and said they welcome Bell back, https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pouncey-reinforces-that-bell-is-welcome-in-steelers-locker-room/

just stop already, with each post you make you're just digging the hole deeper, with overly exaggerated claims and in some cases being just completely wrong

this isn't the first time there have been issues with players in locker rooms and then they come back and all is well again.  in fact former players including HoFers have said multiple times that when Bell comes back the team will most likely have a meeting  air it all out, squash it and then it will be back to business of making the playoffs. 

players have gotten into disagreements,  then it all magically disappears as they work toward the playoffs, these guys might not be hanging out after the games but they are professionals

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Panthor said:

but the reported asking price is basically equal to what PIT wants for Bell, a 2nd rounder+,  all things being equal can't imagine PHI picking McCoy over Bell if the price to acquire is similar

even with the draft pick the cash componenet is still much lower it hink lesean has 5mm left on his contract and bell 10mm. but bills not getting a 2nd rd for lesean

Just now, dashoe said:

even with the draft pick the cash componenet is still much lower it hink lesean has 5mm left on his contract and bell 10mm. but bills not getting a 2nd rd for lesean

of course they won't get a 2nd rounder but that is what they are asking for, and if they don't budge from that ask....  bell's number should be lower than 10mil, he was only going to make 14mil this year, it is already week 6, and with each week that number goes down, and for a team like PHI, if it means another super run the extra 3-4mil would be well worth the price of admission.  still all very unlikely to happen but i don't see Bell's contract for this year being the road block to a deal

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Panthor said:

give me a break, Pouncy has already come out and said they welcome Bell back, https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pouncey-reinforces-that-bell-is-welcome-in-steelers-locker-room/

just stop already, with each post you make you're just digging the hole deeper, with overly exaggerated claims and in some cases being just completely wrong

this isn't the first time there have been issues with players in locker rooms and then they come back and all is well again.  in fact former players including HoFers have said multiple times that when Bell comes back the team will most likely have a meeting  air it all out, squash it and then it will be back to business of making the playoffs. 

players have gotten into disagreements,  then it all magically disappears as they work toward the playoffs, these guys might not be hanging out after the games but they are professionals

That's all true.  I remember the Yankees teams of the late 90s and early 2000s sort of hated each other but they still won a lot of titles.

Many of the players may welcome Bell back, but the front office and ownership will make the decision on what to do with Bell.  And the Rooneys are known for playing the hardest of hard ball.  So we'll see.  Probably my primary flaw is presenting uncertainty as certainty.  There are still a lot of ways this thing could go.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Lol the majority of the ppl that drafted bell are 

1-4 2-3 

keep turning down trade offer while y’all lose another week. 

If you have bell trade him for someone like mixon ASAP. Save yourself the guessing game. 

The guy in my league with Bell is 5-0 and is the highest scoring team in the league. And I am not him, unfortunately. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Any news on his return? It seems everyone is heavily relying on one report that he could return after the bye, and that report was a week or two ago...

Crickets from Bell and his camp.  Lots of trade talk, though.  Tonight might have convinced Philly that they can survive with a Clement-Smallwood platoon, lessening any urgency to trade for Bell.

I buy the reports that he'll report during the bye week. It'll take him a few weeks to get in game shape, so I don't think he'll return to elite production until week 11 or 12.

That's plenty of time for anyone who's in playoff contention. If you're on the playoff bubble and are counting on him before week 11, might be better to make a deal.

56 minutes ago, bsong71 said:

I buy the reports that he'll report during the bye week. It'll take him a few weeks to get in game shape, so I don't think he'll return to elite production until week 11 or 12.

That's plenty of time for anyone who's in playoff contention. If you're on the playoff bubble and are counting on him before week 11, might be better to make a deal.

If he reports Monday, the first day of week 7, he will have that entire week, plus the entire next week before Sundays week 8 game to get ready. That is almost 2 full weeks. I will not hesitate to put him into my lineup as early as week 8.

44 minutes ago, datsyuk said:

If he reports Monday, the first day of week 7, he will have that entire week, plus the entire next week before Sundays week 8 game to get ready. That is almost 2 full weeks. I will not hesitate to put him into my lineup as early as week 8.

You honestly think he will be ready in 2 weeks?

12 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

He knows the system, so that isn't an issue. And he has said that after his little jet skiing vacation, he has been back in the gym working out. I absolutely think he will be ready in a two week time frame. He knows what he is doing. He absolutely wants to go out there, perform, and look good doing it. He isn't going to get anyone to give him a nice contract next year if he doesn't.

14 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I do. He started a little slow last season after the holdout, but he is known for keeping himself in peak physical condition. Im rolling him out week 8, if he reports the monday of their BYE week.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ItsOjMang said:

Then why would he want to be losing any more? Plus, from what I have read (but cannot confirm), he has until the end or the month to report and he can be traded without him having any say in the matter within two week following that date, pending an extension is granted to the Steelers (so mid- November). If he's trying to up his value tag  he'll wanna get out there and remind everyone of his value before that could happen. In which case, if he does get out there and be LeVeon Bell quickly, he will either get paid by the Steelers or get sent somewhere who's willing to pay him long-term. And therefore start him immediately.

Isn't the trade deadline week 8?

35 minutes ago, TXTaz said:

I do. He started a little slow last season after the holdout, but he is known for keeping himself in peak physical condition. Im rolling him out week 8, if he reports the monday of their BYE week.

The difference this year is that Big Ben is pushing for a Connor/Bell RBBC.

24 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Isn't the trade deadline week 8?

October 30th