FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I wonder if this "injury" is in any way related to Gordon's possible desire for a new contract?  He's underpaid based on his current production. Guy might be concerned like Le'Veon Bell that the Chsrgers will ride him too hard with no opportunity to cash in. 

Please just stop with this stupid speculation. He is poised to make 5.6 million next year and will likely get a long term contract. He agreed to the original contract and this is nowhere similar to Bell. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Please just stop with this stupid speculation. He is poised to make 5.6 million next year and will likely get a long term contract. He agreed to the original contract and this is nowhere similar to Bell. 

You're speculating just as much as I am.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I don’t think traveling to London had anything to do with a hamstring injury as some suggest

orly?

picture this scenario ... he's drunk, and decides to become a member of the "Mile High" club somewhere over the Atlantic ... ever try navigating one of those miniscule plane terlits when you're bombed?  

could easily see pulling a hammy trying to deliver the goods. 

(and, of course, the Bolts will never divulge this kinda info).

HTH

• Haha 3

Just now, gbill2004 said:

You're speculating just as much as I am.

How is me mentioning he is going to make 5.6 million next year speculating? The contract situation we don't know, sure, but this is in no way relevant to Bells situation with the franchise tag. No contract negotiations have even been mentioned yet, and as far as I can tell MGIII is nowhere near the diva Bell is. 

I haven’t seen a word about Gordon being unhappy with his contract. This hamstring injury was minor enough to where he was a GTD. They sat him thinking they could win without him (but barely) & now he has the bye week to rest. They may ease him back into practice next week but I think he’ll be fine for week 9

13 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I wonder if this "injury" is in any way related to Gordon's possible desire for a new contract?  He's underpaid based on his current production. Guy might be concerned like Le'Veon Bell that the Chsrgers will ride him too hard with no opportunity to cash in. 

I agree...hamstring injuries are easily faked and a good way to preserve your body. I think it is more than coincidence that all these hamstring injuries pop up after Bell’s Holdout

18 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I agree...hamstring injuries are easily faked and a good way to preserve your body. I think it is more than coincidence that all these hamstring injuries pop up after Bell’s Holdout

Either that, or they're not stretching. LOL

6 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Either that, or they're not stretching. LOL

Agreed...either way, it is all on the player and how badly they want to play. Obviously Gordon wanted to start his vacation a week earlier 

Just now, Golden Spikes said:

lots of stupid in here

Dr. Whom is just trolling at this point. Really sad to see. I was a big fan. 

Just now, Golden Spikes said:

lots of stupid in here

1 minute ago, Golden Spikes said:

lots of stupid in here

Where's the sarcasm font for my last comment.

1 minute ago, Golden Spikes said:

lots of stupid in here

Well known troll having some fun- don’t sweat it.   MG3 is known as a tough player who always pushes to play.    It has nothing to do with a vacation or Leveon Bell.     

Edited by Impreza178

53 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Well known troll having some fun- don’t sweat it.   MG3 is known as a tough player who always pushes to play.    It has nothing to do with a vacation or Leveon Bell.     

Color me concerned if Gordon is not practicing the Wednesday after the bye. 11 days til then- wouldn't be surprised if limited. Just hope for no setbacks. My season is toast if he goes down, that's for sure.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Color me concerned if Gordon is not practicing the Wednesday after the bye. 11 days til then- wouldn't be surprised if limited. Just hope for no setbacks. My season is toast if he goes down, that's for sure.

No DOUBT.    I need him badly on 2 teams that have a real shot at the title.  Agree with your assessment post-bye.   If it takes a few weeks more then fine.  Just be right when u come back. 

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

How is me mentioning he is going to make 5.6 million next year speculating? The contract situation we don't know, sure, but this is in no way relevant to Bells situation with the franchise tag. No contract negotiations have even been mentioned yet, and as far as I can tell MGIII is nowhere near the diva Bell is. 

You're speculating because you said this has nothing to do with his contract status. Maybe it does. You don't know that. 

13 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

You're speculating because you said this has nothing to do with his contract status. Maybe it does. You don't know that. 

Nobody would have even considered it without you bringing it up. Anytime someone gets injured now are we going to speculate they're faking it and want a bigger contract? 

I guess Fournette is faking his hamstring and wants a bigger contract, too. Remember when Johnny Knox was bent in half? He did that on purpose to get a bigger contract. And all those concussions Welker got? I heard he hit himself in the head with a baseball bat because he wanted a bigger contract. 

Just because one diva running back wants more money (which, by the way, is not injury related at all so is not even compareable to this situation) doesn't mean every other player wants to be stubborn unless they get paid. 

29 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He could have even been abducted by aliens for all we know. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yep. Might be a subtle sign of solidarity for Bell amongst his peers. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Yep. Might be a subtle sign of solidarity for Bell amongst his peers. 

2 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

lots of stupid in here

• Thanks 2

I came here expecting somebody may have some update about the situation but looks like there is nothing yet except speculation and conspiracy theories. Could we all play nice and agree to not bump this thread unless there is actually some new and credible information to discuss instead of speculation? I imagine it'll likely be pretty quiet for awhile with Chargers heading on BYE. 

1 hour ago, Jaw1 said:

I came here expecting somebody may have some update about the situation but looks like there is nothing yet except speculation and conspiracy theories. Could we all play nice and agree to not bump this thread unless there is actually some new and credible information to discuss instead of speculation? I imagine it'll likely be pretty quiet for awhile with Chargers heading on BYE. 

bump.....yourself out of here bro.  let's get personal attacky bois!

wait, what is happening with Melvin?

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

bump.....yourself out of here bro.  let's get personal attacky bois!

wait, what is happening with Melvin?

His mom told him he needs more money so he is pretending to be injured to stand in solidarity with a guy he has maybe talked to 3 times in his entire life since he is going to only make $5.6 million next year and hasn't discussed anything about a new contract. 

This is straight from the experts at the RW forums. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

His mom told him he needs more money so he is pretending to be injured to stand in solidarity with a guy he has maybe talked to 3 times in his entire life since he is going to only make $5.6 million next year and hasn't discussed anything about a new contract. 

This guy understands fantasy football. #hamstringsmatter

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

this is the next level s--- I am talking about - this is what makes RW posters better than the rest of the lousy fantasy footballers out there.  hell yea.  glad to be on the forefront of this story.  makes sense, look at all these hamstring injuries this year - definitely the NFLPA getting aligned and giving it to the NFL / Owners. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1