FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

Just now, goke said:

partied too hard saturday night and forgot to bench Gordon :(

your only excuse is if you were at Widespread Panic night 2 at the Riverside Theatre in Milwaukee, WI.  That is your ONLY excuse. 

1 hour ago, Jaw1 said:

I came here expecting somebody may have some update about the situation but looks like there is nothing yet except speculation and conspiracy theories. Could we all play nice and agree to not bump this thread unless there is actually some new and credible information to discuss instead of speculation? I imagine it'll likely be pretty quiet for awhile with Chargers heading on BYE. 

"Chargers RB Melvin Gordon (hamstring) is on the field in a sweatshirt and shorts going through his pregame routine. Just jogged 30 yards and pulled up. He looks upset." (Sunday at Wembley Stadium) Yeah, he's legit injured from Friday's practice.  No one is sure weather he'll be able to get healthy for week 9 or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hope he gets right over the bye, i traded for him and he gets injured and a bye. lol hamstrings aren't something to f--- with

9 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

orly?

picture this scenario ... he's drunk, and decides to become a member of the "Mile High" club somewhere over the Atlantic ... ever try navigating one of those miniscule plane terlits when you're bombed?  

could easily see pulling a hammy trying to deliver the goods. 

(and, of course, the Bolts will never divulge this kinda info).

HTH

Please... That's just ridiculous....

....these players aren't flying coach like you and I. They're on chartered jets. And I'm not even sure prostitution is illegal over international waters. 

Why try to join the MHC in the tiny toilet when you probably have a lay-down reclining bed seat in your chartered jet--maybe even with a closing door!

• Haha 1

Of course I'm worried. I'm a Fournette owner, and a Hilton owner, and have been reading all the various hamstring threads this year. 

So I'm going to have to wait and see on practice reports next week. And it's a week I could really use him with Mixon on bye... 

9 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I don't roster him but I would be very concerned. Hamstrings are very worrisome.

10 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

Of course I'm worried. I'm a Fournette owner, and a Hilton owner, and have been reading all the various hamstring threads this year. 

So I'm going to have to wait and see on practice reports next week. And it's a week I could really use him with Mixon on bye... 

Fwiw by week 9 itll have been 3 weeks since his last game...not to get too AC but was wondering what the general vibe was as I got offered him

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

Fwiw by week 9 itll have been 3 weeks since his last game...not to get too AC but was wondering what the general vibe was as I got offered him

Obviously to get into the specifics of whether or not you should accept would be AC, as it would highly depend on so many other factors [record, the rest of your roster, who you'd have to give up, etc].

But the key regarding Gordon's value is that so far there don't appear to be any indications that it's particularly serious. They're most likely going to give him proper rest and rehab, so unless he has a setback, he might at worse rest week 9 and 10 and then come back. When he's been active, he's been MORE than worth rostering. 

So if you're looking ahead to the fantasy playoffs at this point, he might be a big piece by that time. It's just the next few weeks that are unknown.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

Obviously to get into the specifics of whether or not you should accept would be AC, as it would highly depend on so many other factors [record, the rest of your roster, who you'd have to give up, etc].

But the key regarding Gordon's value is that so far there don't appear to be any indications that it's particularly serious. They're most likely going to give him proper rest and rehab, so unless he has a setback, he might at worse rest week 9 and 10 and then come back. When he's been active, he's been MORE than worth rostering. 

So if you're looking ahead to the fantasy playoffs at this point, he might be a big piece by that time. It's just the next few weeks that are unknown.

Yeah I posted specifics in the AC thread, was just trying to gauge how concerned his owners were over his hammy. He will have had 3 weeks rest by the time week 9 comes around

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

Yeah I posted specifics in the AC thread, was just trying to gauge how concerned his owners were over his hammy. He will have had 3 weeks rest by the time week 9 comes around

tough to say because it happened basically at the tail end of the week, not a lot of info about how it happened or anything else.  could be a legit thing, could be a way for the team to limit some touches on a questionable field.  doesn't wembly have a rep as having bad field conditions?  thought there was a report of dehydration at some point too, i think i lean more toward it being a convenient way to rest him him rather than a serious issue

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Crap. I just checked my schedule in that league. I'm up against my wife in week 9.

Heal, Melvin, heal!!!

• Like 1

Obviously there's always legitimate concern with a hamstring injury, but I think the Cook/Fournette comparisons are a little premature. Those are essentially the absolute worst case scenarios. I think a much more likely scenario, especially given the skipped week and the bye, is that we see him back next week.

32 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Obviously there's always legitimate concern with a hamstring injury, but I think the Cook/Fournette comparisons are a little premature. Those are essentially the absolute worst case scenarios. I think a much more likely scenario, especially given the skipped week and the bye, is that we see him back next week.

well to be fair the Cook/Fournette was the same thing, supposed to miss a week.  so far only team to handle the injury correctly is NYG, they allowed Barkley time to get well.  but i still question how legit this injury really is.

1 hour ago, Panthor said:

well to be fair the Cook/Fournette was the same thing, supposed to miss a week.  so far only team to handle the injury correctly is NYG, they allowed Barkley time to get well.  but i still question how legit this injury really is.

Another thing that has to be factored in is injury history. I'm not saying Gordon is Cal Ripken, but Fournette and Cook were extremely injury prone dating all the way back to high school. Gordon at least has a track record at the NFL level of being able to stay reasonably healthy.

I read it was a semi lingering thing. Seems like a lot of places/sites are expecting him back after his bye and he’ll be fine.

30 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I read it was a semi lingering thing. Seems like a lot of places/sites are expecting him back after his bye and he’ll be fine.

Where?

• Thanks 1

I think he is out for 9 weeks like Fournette and Cooks. Hamstrings cannot be healed per NFLPA

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Another thing that has to be factored in is injury history. I'm not saying Gordon is Cal Ripken, but Fournette and Cook were extremely injury prone dating all the way back to high school. Gordon at least has a track record at the NFL level of being able to stay reasonably healthy.

Gordon was gotten hurt in 3 of 4 seasons.

Different positions of course but Hilton missed two games and came strong with a hamstring. Barkley rested I believe 3 weeks prior to the season and has been fine. There is always a risk of Fournette or Cooks but as someone said earlier, those are worst case scenarios. Let's just hope the Chargers don't rush him back like Minnesota and Jacksonville did.

17 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Fournette doesn't have a history of hamstring issues, not sure about Cook, prior to this season.  so injury history one way or the other isn't relevant, it would be different if it were the same over and over again with hamstring issues each year with these guys but i don't believe that is the case,  like i said NYG handled it correctly not rushing Barkley back MIN and JAX made the mistake of trying to get the guys back early and now they suffer the consequences.  had they waited both guys would probably be playing right now

4 hours ago, Panthor said:

Fournette doesn't have a history of hamstring issues, not sure about Cook, prior to this season.  so injury history one way or the other isn't relevant, it would be different if it were the same over and over again with hamstring issues each year with these guys but i don't believe that is the case,  like i said NYG handled it correctly not rushing Barkley back MIN and JAX made the mistake of trying to get the guys back early and now they suffer the consequences.  had they waited both guys would probably be playing right now

I agree that NY handled Saquon's well, but it's much easier in the preseason than the regular season. I also agree that injury history versus specifically hamstring injury history is different, but by no means irrelevant. Some people are MUCH more injury prone than others. Fournette and Cook are two VERY injury prone guys. I wouldn't go near either in a draft ever again and my guess is both end up fizzling out of the league in the next 2-3 years. Gordon's proven that he can remain reasonably healthy in the NFL, the other two have not.

He'll be fine.  He wasn't even listed on the injury report in London.  They did it as precaution as to not risking him being out like Cook/Fournette.  He'll be back week 9 and ready to roll. 

1 minute ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

He'll be fine.  He wasn't even listed on the injury report in London.  They did it as precaution as to not risking him being out like Cook/Fournette.  He'll be back week 9 and ready to roll. 

This. 

19 hours ago, Ace_King said:

Gordon was gotten hurt in 3 of 4 seasons.

Different positions of course but Hilton missed two games and came strong with a hamstring. Barkley rested I believe 3 weeks prior to the season and has been fine. There is always a risk of Fournette or Cooks but as someone said earlier, those are worst case scenarios. Let's just hope the Chargers don't rush him back like Minnesota and Jacksonville did.

Cook - Torn labrum in each shoulder (3 total surgeries), ankle issue in '15, hamstring issues in '16, ACL in '18, lingering hamstring in '18. Has missed 16 of 23 games in the NFL - 70%.

Fournette - Chronic ankle injury, quad injury in '17, lingering hamstring in '18. Has missed 9 of 23 games in the NFL - 40%.

Gordon - Has missed 6 of 55 games in the NFL - 11%.

Sorry but the comparisons simply are not justified.

• Thanks 1