FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

More like rogue football analytic robots.

Sex robots will be do to the fappers out there doing things with their computers. 

Not sure what football analytic robots will do to bring down mankind. 

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I doubt he plays. 

This is purely based off of the ESPN Fantasy Football App that has the 'Fantasy Insights | with Watson'.  Below the 'Boom / Bust Chance' chart there is a "Likelihood to Play' measure that has been so precise and accurate this year that I am literally going by it from here on out.  For this week - Gordon's likelihood is 'Low' which has resulted in an Out every single time I have seen it. 

So is this more reliable than the “Buzz” feature which generally shows the buzz around Gurley being neutral (lol) based on analyzing 50k news articles, or the Boom/Bust feature which shows only two data points and extrapolates a player’s % chance of booming or busting based on whether they’ll exceed or fall short of those two arbitrary data points?

I’m all for advanced analytics, but ESPN’s implementation of IBM Watson is a joke.

Edited by ff062018

5 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

So is this more reliable than the “Buzz” feature which generally shows the buzz around Gurley being neutral (lol) based on analyzing 50k news articles, or the Boom/Bust feature which shows only two data points and extrapolates a player’s % chance of booming or busting based on whether they’ll exceed or fall short of those two arbitrary data points?

I’m all for advanced analytics, but ESPN’s implementation of IBM Watson is a joke.

Not sure what value the Buzz feature even provides.  The Boom/Bust has been interesting in how well it performs.  I have been tracking it with some players - still, not sure what value it provides.  All I can vouch for is the "Likelihood to Play".  It has been dead on accurate for the last few weeks. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Kartje/status/1057722038729601024

I know this is from Wednesday, but he looks great. No chance he doesn't play this weekend. 

HOW DO YOU EMBED TWITTER LINKS?

Gotta remove the “mobile.” part from the URL before pasting, it doesn’t embed mobile links for some reason

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Gotta remove the “mobile.” part from the URL before pasting, it doesn’t embed mobile links for some reason

Gracias. Damn mobile posting. 

• Haha 1

Lynn's after practice press conference today said Gordon did more things today than yesterday....whatever that means.

Rotoworld blurb says he was a full participant in practice.

Seems to be trending in right direction.

Frustrating though because it's a 4:05 game and my only other option is Crowell...who also has a nice matchup.

Hopefully we get a little more clarity by 1:00 Sunday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

Lynn's after practice press conference today said Gordon did more things today than yesterday....whatever that means.

Frustrating though because it's a 4:05 game and my only other option is Crowell...who also has a nice matchup.

Full participant means he will pretty much play. Especially if he isn't on the injury log. 

I feel quite uneasy about this. Seen this play out too many times this year w/ Fournette, Cook, Mack, Coutee...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, willwc said:

I feel quite uneasy about this. Seen this play out too many times this year w/ Fournette, Cook, Mack, Coutee...

Me too as Ive had 3 of those on my team this year lol

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oliminator123 said:
4 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Full participant means he will pretty much play. Especially if he isn't on the injury log. 

https://www.chargers.com/team/injury-report/

Shows Full but he is Questionable so not out of the woods yet.  Really really really just hope they were erring on the side of caution Week 7 in the first place and he's okay.  

1 hour ago, Even_More_Guruist said:

Any updates to his status?

This is a GTD - that's how I'm treating it. Precious little info so just going to handle it per normal protocol aka next man up.

17 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He practiced in full Friday so I don't see why he wouldn't be good to go.

Full Friday practices do not guarantee activation. I don't think you can take anything for granted until 11:30 ET/8:30 PT  tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Even_More_Guruist said:

Love to see "will play" instead of "expected to play".  Must be doing alright for that to be decided yesterday.

You got it!!

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Melvin Gordon (hamstring) will play Week 9 against the Seahawks.
There never was much doubt after Gordon got in a full practice Friday. Seattle has allowed just five touchdowns to running backs all season with three of those by Todd Gurley, so this might not be a blow-up spot for Gordon. Even so, he is a must-start option. Nov 4 - 12:08 AM
  • Like 1