FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

Major risk ROS, got to play him if active. Coach said “we’ll see.”

7 hours ago, mjb said:

Major risk ROS, got to play him if active. Coach said “we’ll see.”

LMAO so risky 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, played him.  Looked very good!  Let's hope no setbacks with the hamstring!!

Just now, mjb said:

Well, played him.  Looked very good!  Let's hope no setbacks with the hamstring!!

Yep today was a best case scenario. He looked great. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mjb said:

Yes...looked great.

I watched the game and was watching Melvin very closely for any slight limps, grabs at the hammy, etc.  Never saw a single indication that there was a problem anywhere.

Looked to be 100% to my eyes and running as well as he has all season.

Only disappointing thing to me was that he didn't see much usage in the passing game.  In fairness though, no reason for Rivers to be checking down when receivers were getting open at will.

I love this man. Such an under the radar guy, too. Whenever you see anyone talking about stud RB's people always forget about him. 

I love knowing my opponent looks at my roster and sees him, forgetting he can drop a 30+ bomb at any time and he then does it. 

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I love this man. Such an under the radar guy, too. Whenever you see anyone talking about stud RB's people always forget about him. 

I love knowing my opponent looks at my roster and sees him, forgetting he can drop a 30+ bomb at any time and he then does it. 

He is a locked in top 5 back. Anyone who underestimates MG3 has not payed any attention. As long as he stays on the field, idc who he is against, you play him without doubt.

6 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

He is a locked in top 5 back. Anyone who underestimates MG3 has not payed any attention. As long as he stays on the field, idc who he is against, you play him without doubt.

It's just funny whenever I see anyone mention RB1 and start trailing off names, it's always "Gurley, Kamara, Barkley, DJ..." and they always fail to mention MGIII. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

It's just funny whenever I see anyone mention RB1 and start trailing off names, it's always "Gurley, Kamara, Barkley, DJ..." and they always fail to mention MGIII. 

I was one of those guys before the season. I "begrudgingly" settled for him at 11 after Fournette went the pick before me. Been the only bright spot on my team. Love this guy and he looked great yesterday. 

I'd take him over everyone but Gurley and Kamara right now. Think he's a wash with Hunt. 

Just now, daethfromabove1979 said:

Melvin Gordon limited at practice today, are they just limited his reps? 

We will find out tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Melvin Gordon limited at practice today, are they just limited his reps? 

Source? 

Probably just limiting him to keep him fresh at this point in the season anyway

Edited by lvsaint429

14 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Source? 

Probably just limiting him to keep him fresh at this point in the season anyway

Just got the Yahoo update saying he was questionable then searched Twitter and seen he was limited today.

The notification I got from the Fantasy Life app is “Melvin Gordon downgraded to LP with knee and hamstring injury after FP yesterday. Ekeler upgraded to FP from LP (neck).”

There was no source provided. I did not get the same notification yet from Sleeper app, and usually I get the notifications from both Fantasy Life and Sleeper at the same time. Can only hope that whatever the source was is not accurate regarding the hamstring. If his hamstring is acting up, he may not be usable for fantasy for at least 2-3 weeks. 

This is a huge bummer at this point in the season. 

Edited by ff062018

1 minute ago, ff062018 said:

The notification I got from the Fantasy Life app is “Melvin Gordon downgraded to LP with knee and hamstring injury after FP yesterday. Ekeler upgraded to FP from LP (neck).”

There was no source provided. I did not get the same notification yet from Sleeper app, and usually I get the notifications from both Fantasy Life and Sleeper at the same time. Can only hope that whatever the source was is not accurate regarding the hamstring. If his hamstring is acting up, he may not be usable for fantasy for at least 2-3 weeks. 

This is a huge bummer at this point in the season. 

That is very concerning after a downgrade from yesterday 

• Thanks 1

This really sucks, Tre'Quan Smith is my backup flex (I have a RB there currently), so if Gordon ends up missing Smith would have already played. Anybody else having a similar problem? You guys think he will miss after the downgrade? He has a great matchup this week too :(

Same hamstring issue unreal.

Geez...Fournette finally comes back after missing almost the whole season. Then I lose KJohnson & now Gordon has this issue.  AAARRRGGGHHH

Is it possible he doesn’t actually have any pain in his hamstring, but they still limited him today to rest his hamstring because of the previous issue, and they have to report that as an “injury”?

I don’t know the technicalities of these injury reports. 

a tiny bit over reaction in here right now. best to wait until tomorrows update. 

What if MGIII plays but is limited in the game since it's the cardinals they won't even need him much