FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

Melvin Gordon wanted to play he is a competitor writing he shouldn’t have played is nonsense. The Chargers are in a wildcard hunt and fighting for to win the division. 

50 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

I have M Gordon, Fournette, and Mack. Great for today but my team just disintegrated in 2 hours. 

I have all 3 on one team. Fournette & Mack will be back, Gordon might not

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looks like people are finally going to be learning how to spell Ekeler's name... Nah, I'm just kidding. Everyone jump on the 'Eckler train!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like the earliest we might see him back is Week 15? No source, just pure speculation. Hope theres positive news tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Sounds like the earliest we might see him back is Week 15? No source, just pure speculation. Hope theres positive news tomorrow.

Or the earliest he misses the FF playoffs all-together.  No one knows right now.  

45 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Melvin Gordon wanted to play he is a competitor writing he shouldn’t have played is nonsense. The Chargers are in a wildcard hunt and fighting for to win the division. 

I have all 3 on one team. Fournette & Mack will be back, Gordon might not

I agree.  The injury today had nothing to do with his previous injuries IMO.

Was just a fluke play and a terrible call by the Chargers to expose their start RB on a silly play like that.....Especially given the lead they had at the time.

I'm sure we'll find out soon the extent of the injury but it's a bummer that it's looking very likely he misses time during fantasy playoffs.

41 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

As long as it’s just a sprain, I would guess that’s the earliest depending on the grade. That week 15 Thursday game is @ KC, division rival. They should be able to beat CIN week 14 at home without him

Edited by lvsaint429

ESPN's Eric Williams reports Melvin Gordon suffered an MCL injury Week 12 against the Cardinals.

Williams did not report if it is a tear or a sprain -- we know, a sprain is a tear -- which will significantly affect the timetable. That said, it is unlikely Gordon will be ready to face the Steelers next Sunday night. That would leave Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson to carry the load in the Chargers' backfield.

Ya gotta love how Rotoworld just adds further confusion. 
Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

No one knows s---. Tomorrow will be telling.  I heard his reaction on the sidelines was as if it’s season ending but everything is speculation. 

He looked to be in a ton of pain, but i was sure that sony michel was done when he injured his knee....just gotta wait.  Feelin real dumb for tradi g zeke for him a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, PeteM said:

He looked to be in a ton of pain, but i was sure that sony michel was done when he injured his knee....just gotta wait.  Feelin real dumb for tradi g zeke for him a few weeks ago.

Difference is Gordon had a long time to recover, whereas only 4 weeks left in fantasy season for Gordon.

Also, never trade Zeke.

3 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Difference is Gordon had a long time to recover, whereas only 4 weeks left in fantasy season for Gordon.

Also, never trade Zeke.

Lesson learned the hard way.  On the plus, i gave up oj howard and got njoku in that same deal, plus had been holding ekeler, so it could be worse for me, though definitely wishing i had zeke right now.

• Like 1

Chao is optimistic he will return for the Kansas City game. I trust his insight. If you follow him each week he's on the money when players get dinged and return. I'm not going to stress.

1 minute ago, montgrove said:

Chao is optimistic he will return for the Kansas City game. I trust his insight. If you follow him each week he's on the money when players get dinged and return. I'm not going to stress.

If the Chargers are smart they will rest him to recover until he's back to 100 percent.

MCL sprains are nothing to play around with.  

Kc game would be 3 weeks

Sony Michel was about the same with a bye last week

Chao called all that.

Obviously if you need him just to squeeze into the playoffs this is a nightmare. Some of us have a bye in 14 so I'm hoping he's fully rested and ready to go 15.

Yikes, once he was active today I dropped Ekeler to stash a defense for the playoffs... 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

If the Chargers are smart they will rest him to recover until he's back to 100 percent.

MCL sprains are nothing to play around with.  

MCL sprains are nothing. Look how quickly Cooper Kupp came back from his one - and he’s just fine!

6 minutes ago, Griffin_Morrow said:
"grade 2 MCL sprain"

https://www.healthline.com/health/medial-collateral-ligament-mcl-injury-of-the-knee#types

A grade 2 MCL injury means that your ligament has been partially torn. This usually causes some instability in your knee joint.
(...)

The outlook is usually good regardless of whether or not surgery is needed. Recovery times vary depending on the severity of your MCL injury. Since grade 1 MCL injuries are minor, they only take a few days to heal.

Grade 2 injuries, however, can take up to four weeks. Grade 3 injuries are the most severe and have the longest recovery time. It typically takes eight weeks or more for these types of injuries to heal.

Cr@p. 4 weeks would mean after the play-offs.

Wow ou first ranked team just lost it's best player.

I feel bad for him what an horrible call.

3 minutes ago, Griffin_Morrow said:

Yup. I’m thinking Week 15 or 16 at earliest. 

Dr Chao suggests they may try to get him ready by week 15:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-melvin-gordon-knee-mcl-injury-1125-story.html

Hopefully, Gordon can be back for a Thursday night showdown on Dec. 13 in Kansas City that could be for the AFC West title.

Maybe. But let's hope at least he'll be there in week 16. Get well soon, Melvin...

The last week of my playoffs is week 15. I like the optimism of him being back Dec 13, but that just seems really soon. Isn’t Dr Chao’s comment from before it was diagnosed as grade 2? Chao is great, but he’s going only based off of video. May have thought it was grade 1.

Ive got until tomorrow night to decide if I’m gonna drop...

Edited by ff062018

Dumb decision to play him yesterday. You don't play your horse as a playoff team if he's banged up against the worst team in the NFL at home Week 12.