FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

I'm not so eager to celebrate, if he plays it's hard to imagine he will get a full workload and I think I'd have to start JJ as my flex as a hedge... 

1 minute ago, trilly said:

I'm not so eager to celebrate, if he plays it's hard to imagine he will get a full workload and I think I'd have to start JJ as my flex as a hedge... 

I heard reports that he was looking good pregame on Sunday. I don't know how much they trust Jackson so I would still expect 15 touches.

Check out the video posted earlier on twitter - that cut from right to left looked pretty tentative IMO.  Unless he's improved dramatically over the last couple of days, I'd personally rather see him sit as a Chargers fan.

15 touches, but my bigger concern is that he's going to give it a go but aggravate the injury and be out before doing much.  It sucks but players will know his weakness and i wouldn't be surprised if they target it as well.

I am so shocked MG practiced today.  Shocked I tell you.

No wait, I am not at all.  :P

This is what I have been saying folks, sorry fantasy owners can't bubble wrap their players in real life. 

Edited by Zak0221

In one day he went from...very likely he won't play....might possibly play...he feels "better"...to got in a limited practice and might play. Lol

I think he will play, but the dangerous question that nobody has or will have the answer to is, how well and how long will he play for?

At this point we can only say WTF, and roll the dice. (Unless you got some super team and you got Gurley and Barkley chillin in reserve)

Rule no. 1 is start your studs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dead Money said:

In one day he went from...very likely he won't play....might possibly play...he feels "better"...to got in a limited practice and might play. Lol

I think he will play, but the dangerous question that nobody has or will have the answer to is, how well and how long will he play for?

At this point we can only say WTF, and roll the dice. (Unless you got some super team and you got Gurley and Barkley chillin in reserve)

Rule no. 1 is start your studs.

I feel MG is playing so the Chiefs can't simply tee off on Rivers.  If JJ was in the backfield entire game the Chiefs basically will allow the Chargers to run all night but with MG looming they can't play a base nickle defense every play. 

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 1

We cannot wait til Thursday I see. This call is easy. If it comes out he is on a limited touches count, you may look elsewhere. If 10-13 touches is better than your other options, roll with Gordon. If they come out and say he is ready to go, fire him up. Last time they said that he put up a 20 spot in a half and then hurt his knee. 

This is not that hard. Stop over thinking it. To put in perspective, if they say he is a go, A Jones and S Ware are out, gordon is in. That simple. They are not gonna risk more of an injury with playoffs around the corner if they are hesitant. They did that with his hammy when they sat him before the bye, they would do it again...Obviously all bets are off if its another fluke injury.

As a Gordon owner I certainly want him to play, but it would be beyond stupid for the Chargers to rush him back for an essentially meaningless game at less than 100%. I still think he sits.

• Like 1

I just dont see them risking it with the potential soggy field conditions on the short week. If he practices in full tomorrow then it may be a different story.

Edited by bigbluecrew56

7 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

As a Gordon owner I certainly want him to play, but it would be beyond stupid for the Chargers to rush him back for an essentially meaningless game at less than 100%. I still think he sits.

Meaningless game? This could be the difference between being the number one seed and having home field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs and being the five seed and being on the road.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It's not meaningless yet. Chargers win and Chiefs lose vs Seattle and the Chargers have a first-round bye. That's not that far fetched considering Seattle is jockeying for playoff seeding and playing well as of late. It's not likely but the difference between a first round bye and a road wildcard game is pretty huge. If the Chargers lose - then week 16/17 is meaningless. 

8 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Game has a good deal of meaning as far as seeding is concerned.

• Like 1

This coaching staff is dumb enough to risk Gordon's long term health and make bone-headed decisions. Still don't think you can trust him, but who knows?

limited practice today. Now all the sudden feels more than likely he plays. You basically have to start him if he's playing. 

4 minutes ago, cbe_88 said:

limited practice today. Now all the sudden feels more than likely he plays. You basically have to start him if he's playing. 

No offense...but I hope that's the mindset my opponent this week has.

• Like 1

He missed two games. If he comes back after 2 1/2 weeks it wouldn't be revolutionary. I doubt they play him unless they are comfortable with his health. They won't risk championship aspirations but on the other hand there is no need, given the seeding implications, to be overly cautious and sit him just to sit him if he is healthy.

14 minutes ago, psygolf said:

No offense...but I hope that's the mindset my opponent this week has.

You like getting tuddies dropped on you? Masochist. 

28 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This coaching staff is dumb enough to risk Gordon's long term health and make bone-headed decisions. Still don't think you can trust him, but who knows?

Every NFL player is at risk towards their long term health the moment they step on the NFL field.  People are being a bit crazy calling this game meaningless and wanting the Chargers to essentially give up on the regular season and wait for the playoffs.  MG completely changes the look of this Chargers team, it's probably why the Bungles gave them fits defensively last week.  This offense needs the threat of MG in the running game to make the passing game efficient.  Even if he is not fully 100% his presence will do wonders for the team and MG understands this hence why he is probably forcing himself onto the practice field when Eckler is unable to replace him again this week.  JJ running the ball would be something the Chiefs would beg the Chargers to do defensively MG not so much. 

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

You like getting tuddies dropped on you? Masochist. 

No...I like opponents that try to ride horses with bad legs.    Same reason why he probably hopes Conner suits up on my side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

No...I like opponents that try to ride horses with bad legs.    Same reason why he probably hopes Conner suits up on my side. 

Gordon was reported as barely able to run leading up to this game and notice how slow he is on a 87 run, nearly improbable he pulled this off.

Players have heart and guts to will their bodies to do crazy things, I wouldn't want to face him this week. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Guessing you didnt play against Gordon when he was nursing his other injuries and put up 20 points in 1 half? I rather have a 80% gordon than a 100% of a lot of guys. I think everyone is missing the point. If he is cleared to play, he will play. You cant bench someone like gordon if reports thursday are that he is expected to see close to a full workload. I rather lose with him leaving the game early than lose with him on my bench when he puts up a 20 piece.

• Like 1

Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

Guessing you didnt play against Gordon when he was nursing his other injuries and put up 20 points in 1 half? I rather have a 80% gordon than a 100% of a lot of guys. I think everyone is missing the point. If he is cleared to play, he will play. You cant bench someone like gordon if reports thursday are that he is expected to see close to a full workload. I rather lose with him leaving the game early than lose with him on my bench when he puts up a 20 piece.

Now he's 80%, well that's different...I have him at 28% 

1 hour ago, Ace_King said:

Meaningless game? This could be the difference between being the number one seed and having home field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs and being the five seed and being on the road.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Game has a good deal of meaning as far as seeding is concerned.

Chargers would have to beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead, then beat the surging Ravens, then go to Denver and beat them when they very well may need that win to make the playoffs. And they'd also need the Chiefs to lose to Seattle. Your point is well taken, and as the Chargers I'd certainly believe all that could happen, but I think if we're being realistic it's highly unlikely.

38 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Now he's 80%, well that's different...I have him at 28% 

No way he's not at least close to 80% if he's a GTD.

If he's active, I'm rolling big hoss out there 

Edited by Deadpool