FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

Sure it's unlikely but so is the Chargers winning the Super Bowl but they will still compete. It's unlikely but more likely than you sketch out IMO. The Ravens have zero passing game. Denver may be eliminated by then. Seattle has a shot against the Chiefs. Still unlikely but the Chargers will be heavily favoried against Denver and the Chargers. They would just need an unforseen Chiefs loss, and that's only if they win on Thursday.

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

I feel MG is playing so the Chiefs can't simply tee off on Rivers.  If JJ was in the backfield entire game the Chiefs basically will allow the Chargers to run all night but with MG looming they can't play a base nickle defense every play. 

Sure but that is assuming he is healthy enough to be effective. If he looks gimpy or hesitant or anything the gig is up and the defense will smell blood and now all you've done is put an already injured guy at further risk. If Chargers are willing to play him at the risk of his long term health in a game that isn't a must win and will be a tough win with him then I'm willing to risk putting him in my lineup.  

2 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

No way he's not at least close to 80% if he's a GTD.

If he's active, I'm rolling big hoss out there 

I have a feeling he's gonna roll. Not a Gordon owner. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I have a feeling he's gonna roll. Not a Gordon owner. 

I think if he's active and plays you have to assume he's feeling good.  I mean, it's completely foolish for the Chargers to play him if he doesn't feel nearly 100%.

I have no idea what I want to do if he's active.  Do I play Cook in a great matchup at home against the Dolphins or roll with a likely limited Gordon?  I personally just hope he's inactive to make the decision easy.

I just don't think I can bench him if he's active though.  He's basically been one of the top fantasy players this year when he's played.  I'd be really angry if I sat him and lost because of it.  Think I'd rather roll with him and if I lose, well......at least I played my best player.

Still have a couple more days to see how he's moving.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

I think if he's active and plays you have to assume he's feeling good.  I mean, it's completely foolish for the Chargers to play him if he doesn't feel nearly 100%.

I have no idea what I want to do if he's active.  Do I play Cook in a great matchup at home against the Dolphins or roll with a likely limited Gordon?  I personally just hope he's inactive to make the decision easy.

I just don't think I can bench him if he's active though.  He's basically been one of the top fantasy players this year when he's played.  I'd be really angry if I sat him and lost because of it.  Think I'd rather roll with him and if I lose, well......at least I played my best player.

Still have a couple more days to see how he's moving.

Practice tomorrow without complications as a result means start him. Again, not an owner. But I tend to not over think things. If he plays at game time, roll with him. That's what I would do. I have Jackson as a back up. But I doubt that happens. I have a feeling Gordon is going to play and eat his. 

He got listed as limited to screw with the Chiefs. Don't think he suits up. Chargers will play it safe with him.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, frog34 said:

He got listed as limited to screw with the Chiefs. Don't think he suits up. Chargers will play it safe with him.

I kinda assumed going into this week that even if the chargers know he will or wont play that they will leave it as much in question as possible for the Chiefs.  

Chiefs don’t care, they just need 40 and they are good.

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

No offense...but I hope that's the mindset my opponent this week has.

they should only play him if he is ready to be a full go. The chargers would be truly foolish to do anything but. So yes, anyone who owns Gordon should play him on Thursday night. You should hope your opponent doesn’t start him in that case.

Bleh, this may end up being a game where owners of everyone in the backfield is disappointed.

21 minutes ago, cbe_88 said:

So yes, anyone who owns Gordon should play him on Thursday night.

I see a couple parameters:

1) they start him or not

2) what workload does he get

3) what is the risk of a new injury.

I sort of see the scenario where they give him 15-20 touches, which is nice (startable, not winning my semifinal); but any new injury would destroy that.

I think the risk of reinjury (with or without help from a defender) is considerable, and you have to factor it in.

Add the overall suckiness of Thursday night and I really really don't know if I'll play him. Right now he's still on my bench.

5 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Bleh, this may end up being a game where owners of everyone in the backfield is disappointed.

If Gordon isn’t ready to be a full go, why risk further injury when they need to also be preparing for the playoffs? To me it’s either Gordon is active and ready to assume his normal workload or they play it safe and Jackson becomes a bit of a workhorse due to lack of other RB options. Either way I think an Jackson is an RB2 or Gordon is and RB1

28 minutes ago, cbe_88 said:

they should only play him if he is ready to be a full go. The chargers would be truly foolish to do anything but. So yes, anyone who owns Gordon should play him on Thursday night. You should hope your opponent doesn’t start him in that case.

I have already expressed my wishes.  He also has a hobbled Hill, who I also hope plays decoy this week.

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I see a couple parameters:

1) they start him or not

2) what workload does he get

3) what is the risk of a new injury.

I sort of see the scenario where they give him 15-20 touches, which is nice (startable, not winning my semifinal); but any new injury would destroy that.

I think the risk of reinjury (with or without help from a defender) is considerable, and you have to factor it in.

Add the overall suckiness of Thursday night and I really really don't know if I'll play him. Right now he's still on my bench.

Hes too good. In too good of a matchup. If he is active and no reports saying “limited snaps” I don’t know how you don’t start him unless your bench is loaded. It’s KC and this will be a shootout and buck the trend snoozer thurs night games

3 minutes ago, cbe_88 said:

If Gordon isn’t ready to be a full go, why risk further injury when they need to also be preparing for the playoffs? To me it’s either Gordon is active and ready to assume his normal workload or they play it safe and Jackson becomes a bit of a workhorse due to lack of other RB options. Either way I think an Jackson is an RB2 or Gordon is and RB1

Agreed, I just think at this point Gordon will play and either re-injure himself or have his workload scaled back and the only startable player won't be at a high level. I only own Jackson of all involved, so would obviously like a Gordon sit. But if he is practicing I assume he's playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krambone said:

Chiefs don’t care, they just need 40 and they are good.

Which will be decidedly harder to do vs Bosa/Derwin without Hunt (and plodder Ware) and with a dinged up Hill.  

I think MGIII tilts the board in LAC's favor.  If he's healthy enough I bet he goes.

Edited by ragrag

1 hour ago, cbe_88 said:

This is the way I'm approaching it.  If he's active and playing, I'm going to play him.  I just don't believe the Chargers would be foolish enough to run him out there if they didn't think he was capable of playing pretty close to normal.  If I were the coach of that team with their current situation, Gordon would need to convince me that he's darn near 100% before I played him.  They know they're in the playoffs and don't really need this game more than they need a healthy Gordon in playoffs.

I look at the other times this year Gordon was questionable coming back from injury....Like after the hammy issue.  He looked great in his first game back.  And even against the Cards he looked great until the fluke play happened.

For fantasy purposes, I just don't think I could sit my best player if he's playing unless I had another top 10 alternative to plug in.  For me in one league, Cook is a borderline option that I'm struggling with.  In my other league, it's guys like Sony or Samuels so Gordon is way ahead of them.

We'll see how it goes in practice tomorrow but I just don't see myself sitting him if he's active.  It's starting to look like his tweet above where he said ready for the "war" or whatever is referring to this week.  Maybe the Doctors cleared him and that's why he tweeted what he did. 

Regarding potentially limited snaps, 

It's easier to stomach losing having played Gordon than it is losing having him gone off on your bench. 

At least for me. 

• Like 6

If you have him you have to play him. That said, I think it’s likely he shares carries. Could be a worst case scenario

If they deem the risk is too high for him to shoulder a sizable portion of the load, then he is sitting in my estimation. 

I really don't see him playing this week.  They're a lock for wildcard at least, and need him for a playoff run.  He'd need to practice in full tomorrow without any kind of pain or issues, and I don't see that happening.  Sorry fellas

If he plays it likely will be because he is healthy or close to it. Even if he isn't and they are playing him at 65 percent and he is limited to 12-15 touches you would think he would still be the guy in the red zone.

All this talk about not being sure whether to play Gordon if he’s active is just unwarranted unless you have a low end RB1 to start over him. The guy came back at less than 100% in the AZ game and had 20 points at halftime. He’s the number 3 RB in PPR points per game, and is 0.1 points per game away from being number 2.If Gordon’s active you start him. It’s as simple as that the way I see it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Chargers would have to beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead, then beat the surging Ravens, then go to Denver and beat them when they very well may need that win to make the playoffs. And they'd also need the Chiefs to lose to Seattle. Your point is well taken, and as the Chargers I'd certainly believe all that could happen, but I think if we're being realistic it's highly unlikely.

Chiefs are @ Sea and the Chargers are better than Den/Ravens. All this seems not very far fetched.