FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

14 minutes ago, brosephd said:

if gordon plays would you guys even want to play him?

I don't own Gordon, but hell yes I would play him if he's playing.

Edited by kball09

9 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Spot on! It sets up a shootout without MGlll. Nobody wants to see Rivers sucking the life out of the game with the deliberate draining of the clock. That is the worst form of entertainment possible for a football game. Pro sports are for the public’s entertainment and the boring play of a team running clock from the first quarter on is a reason to stop watching the team. There are several teams who just don’t get it. Nobody wants to watch a team playing scared to lose. It’s like the coach who punts with 4min left in the game and down by 9.

Hold up - you think coaches actually coach for entertainment value and not winning/losing?  Guess Gregg Popovich and the Spurs didn't get the memo...

Edited by trilly

Nope,  they are too stupid. That’s why players give up. They get tired of knowing they aren’t ever going to win the SB. That’s old school coaching for ya. 

6 minutes ago, brosephd said:

if gordon plays would you guys even want to play him? as an owner with no options i understand however, if you have options you rather have him get sit out and hope he's healthy if you advance. 

I'm all in on this with Gordon and Jackson in both my money leagues....

If Gordon plays, I'm playing him.  I just can't believe the Chargers would be stupid enough to run Gordon out there if he were gimpy and they expect him to be limited.  There's just no point in that IMO at this point in the season.  So if Gordon plays, I think it's because he showed that he was healthy enough to play.  I also see little point in him being a decoy or something.  If you're using him as a decoy, you're admitting that he's not healthy.....And showing how stupid you are for messing around with your franchise RB with playoffs on the horizon.

If Gordon is active, I'm playing him.  If he's out, I'm playing Jackson.  And I'm not messing around playing Jackson if Gordon is active unless there is a solid report saying Gordon is just an emergency RB or something.....Which again, would be pretty stupid IMO.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I don't own Gordon, butt hell yes I would play him if he's playing.

Double edged sword. I think you play him if reports suggest he should get his normal carries. If he is on a touch count I think you have to sit him and jackson and look elsewhere. I really hope he sits. If he plays, im sitting him and jackson and playing a jones. If he sits, im starting jackson with confidence in .5 ppr he can get me somewhere around 12-16 points.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Double edged sword. I think you play him if reports suggest he should get his normal carries. If he is on a touch count I think you have to sit him

You're gonna be very disappointed if you expect to get that info. I think if he's starting they're going to ride him like normal in such an important game. Touch counts go out the window if he starts the game playing well and it isn't a blow out. But I get your point. If I owned both, I would just want Gordon to sit.

Edited by kball09

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

You're gonna be very disappointed if you expect to get that info. I think if he's starting they're going to ride him like normal in such an important game. Touch counts go out the window if he starts the game playing well and it isn't a blow out.

I agree...its a tough call tho. Weather is coming in and he clearly isnt near as healthy as he was before the fluke injury. In all reality, if they say he is good to go, im probably starting him and benching jackson and jones. I have to ride my studs to the end. 

• Like 1

he can clearly make his 20 points on limited touches (his last game when he got injured for example).  if he starts, you play him.  you cant lose a playoff game with melvin on your bench....

6 minutes ago, trilly said:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1073235649166233600

As if we needed anymore uncertainty, hadn't seen anyone reference this tweet even though it came out a while ago.  When MG pushed them to play last time, he got his wish... 

LOL

he is scared he will lose his role in the team? seems that way. reminds me of Breida earlier with raheem mohart getting all the hype. same as spenser ware a few years ago when jamal charles was coming back.

players are so selfish. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, championship or bust said:

LOL

he is scared he will lose his role in the team? seems that way. reminds me of Breida earlier with raheem mohart getting all the hype. same as spenser ware a few years ago when jamal charles was coming back.

players are so selfish. 

Uh Melvin Gordon has been one of the best RBs on the planet this year. He isn't losing his role on the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, BronXBombers51 said:

Uh Melvin Gordon has been one of the best RBs on the planet this year. He isn't losing his role on the team.

Yup, if anything he could want to play for some additional cash...doesnt he have a contract coming up? The dude is not losing his job to mediocre Ekeler and unproven but talented JJ. lol wtf I need a drink

19 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

LOL

players are so selfish. 

He wants those #zzz

I honestly don’t think he plays.  Especially since they called up another RB off practice squad.  Its going to be Jackson tonight.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mtw02 said:

I honestly don’t think he plays.  Especially since they called up another RB off practice squad.  Its going to be Jackson tonight.  

Agree 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mtw02 said:

I hope so

1 minute ago, Jared24 said:

About what time will we know for sure? 7pm ET?

Yes I think it is about 90 minutes before game time if he is inactive.  

Edited by heyeaglefn

Working out in hoodie, inactives 7PM ET.