FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

17 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Who knows.  But in the leagues I was in this year, he seemed to be a back end first round pick and always valued below the "studs" like Gurley, Zeke, etc.

I'd expect he probably still comes with a bit of a discount because of the injuries.

Thing is though....The whole RB landscape has been a mess this year.  Outside of Gurley, Zeke and Saquon it's all been up and down between injuries, uncertainties ,suspensions, hold outs ,etc.

He went late first round/early second round. I was able to go Fournette-Gordon in one league, which I though would be a dominant duo.

Gordon was on track to be in the top 5 pick conversation but the injuries should provide some discount. I still see him as being a late first round pick and being picked slightly higher next year than this year. His ADP on ESPN was 14 this year. I can see him in the 9-11 range next summer.

• Like 1

Hope everyone in my leagues is as down on this guy as you are.

He had one injury that he came back from, and a freak injury is what took him out longer term. This isn't an injury prone guy at all, just awkwardly bent over similar to Chris Carson. Players like Fournette who routinely have the same nagging injury year-after-year are injury prone. Players who actually sustain an injury during contact are not injury prone.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2018 at 8:19 AM, lvsaint429 said:

Gordon is going to play & probably play well. Some guys just play through pain & get the job done. Someone referred back to last year when he had a bad foot (?) & still managed an 87 yard TD run. He was questionable 2 weeks ago with a knee & had a monster 1st half before this fluke sprain happened. The kid is a warrior 

So much for my optimism...😟

13 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

So much for my optimism...😟

This kid is a warrior :lol:

Sorry man, but that sounded so corny. :lol:

You were thinking with your heart like most folks in these threads.

Huge that they won last night. If you manage to survive this week and make it to championship weekend I think Gordon definitely plays. The 10 extra days rest plus the Chargers have something to play for now. If they had lost I think they may have just shut him down until the playoffs, or at least until week 17 and then given him some tune up reps. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, akooreman180 said:

Since he almost played last night can it be assumed that with 10 days rest Gordon will be 100% or pretty close next week? 

All signs point to yes. But unless you're doing, err, reading an eight ball, you're gonna have to wait and see, my brother. 

• Like 1

Didn't think I would make it to the championship game without Gordon, but I luckily did.  I will definitely need him next week. 

• Like 3

All indications are he'll be all systems go this weekend. The extra nine days was always just too logical to pass up on. He should be right back to locked in RB1 this weekend. 

3 hours ago, chief79 said:

Didn't think I would make it to the championship game without Gordon, but I luckily did.  I will definitely need him next week. 

+1

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, trilly said:

Too bad it's a tough matchup but he's a set and forget. Go Bolts!

Peyton Barber managed 85 yards (4.5 ypc) and a TD against them last week. 

3 out of the last 4 games they gave up at least 65 yards rushing and a TD (Raiders, Chiefs, Tampa Bay). 

They are still a good D but I think Gordon should be able to work his way to a decent game against them.

Edited by Shaggz235
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shaggz235 said:

Peyton Barber managed 85 yards (4.5 ypc) and a TD against them last week. 

3 out of the last 4 games they gave up at least 65 yards rushing and a TD (Raiders, Chiefs, Tampa Bay). 

They are still a good D but I think Gordon should be able to work his way to a decent game against them.

Not to mention none of those teams have a back as versatile as Gordon. He's a stud. 

Minimum 2 touchdowns this game

He will be out there to help us succeed. 

Melvin Gordon (knee) said he is healthy enough to play this week against the Ravens.

"I feel good, not 100% obviously," Gordon said. "But we’re going to go out there and knock off some rust and get myself ready for the playoffs." All signs have pointed to Gordon returning this week, and these quotes all but confirm it. Even against the Ravens, Gordon is a locked-in RB1 for the fantasy finals.

Dec 18 - 9:52 AM

1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

He will be out there to help us succeed. 

Melvin Gordon (knee) said he is healthy enough to play this week against the Ravens.

"I feel good, not 100% obviously," Gordon said. "But we’re going to go out there and knock off some rust and get myself ready for the playoffs." All signs have pointed to Gordon returning this week, and these quotes all but confirm it. Even against the Ravens, Gordon is a locked-in RB1 for the fantasy finals.

Dec 18 - 9:52 AM

I’m facing him so it sounds like he’s just gonna get a couple carries 😝

• Haha 1

Well this party started early! Lets get it goin!

Melvin Gordon (knee) was "full speed" in Tuesday's practice.

Gordon will return for Saturday's game against the Ravens. Even in a tough matchup, Gordon will immediately slot back in as a top-eight RB1.

Dec 18 - 4:59 PM

7 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I’m facing him so it sounds like he’s just gonna get a couple carries 😝

true that..time share with JJ coming up :P