The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

If it was so easy, everyone would be doing it. Eli's career numbers are going to be top-10 all time for a LONG time. 

Lol yeah, maybe his interceptions.  Rivers, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and most likely Ryan will nudge him out of the top-10 in passing yards.  His passing TD's will probably stand a little longer, but the 4 aforementioned who aren't already ahead of him will most likely pass him as well, along with others who are on pace to.  

7 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

If it was so easy, everyone would be doing it. Eli's career numbers are going to be top-10 all time for a LONG time. 

But all you're saying is that career longevity is difficult, which it is, which is why Eli is top 10 in stats.  Not because he's top 10 in talent.

7 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

But all you're saying is that career longevity is difficult, which it is, which is why Eli is top 10 in stats.  Not because he's top 10 in talent.

Career longevity is talent. Only the all-time great QBs get to start that many games for so long for one franchise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Career longevity is talent. Only the all-time great QBs get to start that many games for so long for one franchise. 

Oh I get it now, you're a Giants fan.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Oh I get it now, you're a Giants fan.

Also a person who recognizes that a two time SB MVP who is top 10 in TD passes and yards ever is an all-time great player. 

So.  Odell Beckham...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

So.  Odell Beckham...

Is going to help make sure Eli stays top 10 in TD passes all-time for the foreseeable future. 

Looking forward to seeing him with something to prove instead of being treated like a god.

16 hours ago, joshua18 said:

If it was so easy, more than 7 other QBs all time would have more TD passes in the history of the NFL. 

For perspective, Stafford has already played 9 seasons and is still more than 120 TD passes behind Eli. Wilson has played 6 seasons and is more than 175 TD passes behind Eli.

Good luck thinking that more than 5 QBs will pass Eli in the next 15 years. 

And both of those QB's average more yards and TD's per game than Eli has.

43 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Easy to do when you've played less than half as many games. Let's talk in 10 years and see how their stats and SB MVPs compare with Eli. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'm not an OBJ fan simply because his mental game doesnt match up with his athletic talent and his ego is unhealthy but no one should question Eli manning because before OBJ, Eli was winning games with guys like Cruz-Toomer-Buress-Hakeem-hilliard; none of them future hall of famers

• Like 6

I posted this in another thread where Odell was being mentioned, and it's worth mentioning here in his specific thread...

Odell has played in 47 career games, from 2014--2017. He has scored a TD OR gained 100 yards in 32 of those 47 games (68.1%). That is insanely good.

To give a point of comparison, Antonio Brown was touted by many as the NFL MVP before his late-season injury against the Patriots. 2017 AB had a TD or 100 yards in 9 of 14 games (64.3%). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Corleone said:

I posted this in another thread where Odell was being mentioned, and it's worth mentioning here in his specific thread...

Odell has played in 47 career games, from 2014--2017. He has scored a TD OR gained 100 yards in 32 of those 47 games (68.1%). That is insanely good.

To give a point of comparison, Antonio Brown was touted by many as the NFL MVP before his late-season injury against the Patriots. 2017 AB had a TD or 100 yards in 9 of 14 games (64.3%). 

Obj is a freaky stud.  I'm not sure how that's even debatable.  Even if he extremely disruptive (and I'm not convinced he is) who cares.  He's not a T.O. level knucklehead.

I think it you pair a truly competent coaching staff with this guy the sky is the limit.  Dude has a passion to be great - a great coach taps into that and helps him grow and reach his ceiling. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Obj is a freaky stud.  I'm not sure how that's even debatable.  Even if he extremely disruptive (and I'm not convinced he is) who cares.  He's not a T.O. level knucklehead.

I think it you pair a truly competent coaching staff with this guy the sky is the limit.  Dude has a passion to be great - a great coach taps into that and helps him grow and reach his ceiling. 

I agree. While I do think he is a knucklehead overall, his talent on the field is undeniable. As you mention, having a competent coaching staff would be huge for him, and the coaching can only go up from the McAdoo regime. On top of that, if the Giants do draft a QB with the #2 overall pick and they pick right, then that opens up his ceiling even further. Even if the Giants don't draft a QB at #2, I think Odell is a definite 2018 1st round pick, worthy of a Top 10 selection (or significant portion of auction dollars). 

On 1/27/2018 at 11:03 AM, RMJ_12 said:

"i play fantasy football and know next to nothing about the game itself or how to objectively evaluate talent"

oh, and odell beckham establishes himself as the best WR in the league this year. 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

On 1/27/2018 at 6:56 AM, lolcopter said:

Eli haters need to get a new hobby

Why?  Its busy work staving off all the Eli nuthuggers :lol:

2 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

"i play fantasy football and know next to nothing about the game itself or how to objectively evaluate talent"

oh, and odell beckham establishes himself as the best WR in the league this year. 

I only played the game for 12 years.

You're right, Eli is an ALL-TIME great.  Top 10 ever.

• Haha 1

Eli Manning has had a pretty good career. Not sure why he gets so much hate all the time. 

He's a 1st ballot HOF QB. If Stafford continues piling on the yards and playoff failures I'm not convinced he ever makes it. For comparison to someone that's played just as long as Eli, the guy he was basically traded for in rivers... I'm not convinced Rivers is a HOF'r either. 

14 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Eli Manning has had a pretty good career. Not sure why he gets so much hate all the time. 

He's a 1st ballot HOF QB. . 

He's Jim Plunkett

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, psygolf said:

He's Jim Plunkett

Clueless analysis. Do some work before making superficial comparisons.

Edited by joshua18

49 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He's a 1st ballot HOF QB. If Stafford continues piling on the yards and playoff failures I'm not convinced he ever makes it. For comparison to someone that's played just as long as Eli, the guy he was basically traded for in rivers... I'm not convinced Rivers is a HOF'r either. 

Romo, Stafford, Rivers... they all need SB rings, maybe even multiple, to be considered HOFers imo.  This is a passing league now so pure stats are skewed.  

If Eli didn't have two rings he wouldn't be in the conversation.  But he does so...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Clueless analysis. Do some work before making superficial comparisons.

A couple of more bad NJ Giants seasons and they will both have 2 SBs...sub-.500 winning percentages...and the need of a ticket to get into the HoF

:lol:

Edited by psygolf

5 minutes ago, psygolf said:

A couple of more bad NJ Giants seasons and they will both have 2 SBs...sub-.500 winning percentages...and the need of a ticket to get into the HoF

:lol:

I guess your ignorance of understanding HOF QB play is understandable...you are, after all a Bears fan 😂

6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I guess your ignorance of understanding HOF QB play is understandable...you are, after all a Bears fan 😂

Nice try, I root on the home team, it's the right thing to do...grew up a Cowboy fan. 

(even though I couldn't care less) Is there where I make a "Josh post" and say it will be fun watching Eli fail his way out of the Hall the next few years-?

Eli will easily be a hall-of-famer.  All the hype and hullaballoo that happened when McAdoo benched him show how Eli is perceived by the football world.  But he's not a very good quarterback compared to his best peers at the current time.  And he has often been oddly reluctant to throw the ball to Odell Beckham so far in their time together.  So I think an analysis of Beckham can fairly consider that his QB holds him back somewhat.  I would also be concerned that multiple lower leg injuries might begin to sap Beckham's explosiveness.  

But Beckham is still probably a top-5 receiver and a first or early second round pick, notwithstanding those concerns.