The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2018 Outlook

On 7/8/2018 at 11:17 PM, cohenstantinople said:

Drafted this week and saw OBJ go at the beginning of round 2 (12-team), couldn’t friggin’ believe it..... man’s got no place making a round 2 appearance. Ugh.

Really!? This dude should be in the same discussion as Antonio Brown and he is going in the 2nd round? lol

4 hours ago, South Carolina said:

Really? The OC is horrible. How did that "same offense" do in the biggest game of his coaching career in the Playoffs? He's an idiot when he has to think on his feet. Take it from an Eagles fan. I've endured many years of him, he's a moron. 

I’ll take your word for it from a fan perspective. Atm all i care about is, is he scoring me points?

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, dashoe said:

That's the bet many in fantasy are making. All in on Barkley being the top fantasy player on this offense. 

Right, you've said that already. That doesn't make it any less dumb of a decision.

29 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

Right, you've said that already. That doesn't make it any less dumb of a decision.

So if some rank Barkley ahead of OBJ why would that be 'dumb"?   

I love how guys get so focused on the numerical rankings of the top 24 players  as if somehow having a stronger view on  barkley vs OBJ  you will lose your fantasy season.  You do know you have to manage 8 other starting roster positions for 16weeks :lol:

On 7/9/2018 at 9:31 AM, CABLE87 said:

Im looking at julio being picked up before him and Saquon.... huh? Really? Saquon before Odell?? Really??

time will tell though. Is the head coach rund heavy or pass heavy. I guess research.

Well it's best to grab top RBs first (imo) and many believe Barkley will be a top RB.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:42 AM, metalmat said:

Really!? This dude and Nuk should be in the same discussion as Antonio Brown and he is going in the 2nd round? lol

fixed this, because it reeeeeally needed fixin'

You obviously take Barkley first but  OBJ shouldn't be too far behind. 

31 minutes ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

Didn't they move OBJ all over the place last season too?

I love statements from coaches like that because  they try to make it appear like they are masterminding the talent in ways that will confuse defenses. Good defenses don't guess on who gets the ball, they defend against the best options the offense has in a given situation on the field.  How many times have we seen Hoodie shut down an offenses best player/option and force you to beat him another way?

Does Hoodie or Payton ever say they are going to move players all over the place to keep defenses guessing?

Stop trying to convince the media you are a genius Shumur and just go out and put your team in a position to win games!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Didn't they move OBJ all over the place last season too?

I love statements from coaches like that because  they try to make it appear like they are masterminding the talent in ways that will confuse defenses. Good defenses don't guess on who gets the ball, they defend against the best options the offense has in a given situation on the field.  How many times have we seen Hoodie shut down an offenses best player/option and force you to beat him another way?

Does Hoodie or Payton ever say they are going to move players all over the place to keep defenses guessing?

Stop trying to convince the media you are a genius Shumur and just go out and put your team in a position to win games!

• Like 7

I'm not a Giants fan and although from Indianapolis not an Eli fan either.  Mark my word, injury aside, OBJ will finish as the top WR in fantasy this season. That said I think there will be 4-6 RBs that will finish ahead of him in total points.  And folks I'm talking Non-PPR. Mark his floor at 1,400 yards and 13 TDs.  It's about time he had alternate weapons to detract just the slightest bit of defensive scheming against the Giants.  Who have they had since he's been there?  A year removed star salsa dancer in Victor Cruise who's career was already over.  I will say Eli is not a top tier QB at this point but he's still serviceable enough for 4,200 yards and 33 TD's in that offense.  One other thing you have to consider is OBJ has a pretty damn solid week to week floor which is unique to just a few other wideouts in the league.  This in a way pads the risk of drafting him as your first round pic.  I typically do auctions only but my work league is an antiquated snake and I draft 10th.  He's projected to fall there.  If he's there I'm taking him no questions asked.  The only people I'm taking ahead of him are the top 4 RBs and Barkley.  I take him over Hunt, Kamara, AB, and although it's really tough, Hopkins.  Note I'm also a supporter of positional rankings and I feel RB is absolutely stacked this season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, matlee15 said:

I'm not a Giants fan and although from Indianapolis not an Eli fan either.  Mark my word, injury aside, OBJ will finish as the top WR in fantasy this season. That said I think there will be 4-6 RBs that will finish ahead of him in total points.  And folks I'm talking Non-PPR. Mark his floor at 1,400 yards and 13 TDs.  It's about time he had alternate weapons to detract just the slightest bit of defensive scheming against the Giants.  Who have they had since he's been there?  A year removed star salsa dancer in Victor Cruise who's career was already over.  I will say Eli is not a top tier QB at this point but he's still serviceable enough for 4,200 yards and 33 TD's in that offense.  One other thing you have to consider is OBJ has a pretty damn solid week to week floor which is unique to just a few other wideouts in the league.  This in a way pads the risk of drafting him as your first round pic.  I typically do auctions only but my work league is an antiquated snake and I draft 10th.  He's projected to fall there.  If he's there I'm taking him no questions asked.  The only people I'm taking ahead of him are the top 4 RBs and Barkley.  I take him over Hunt, Kamara, AB, and although it's really tough, Hopkins.  Note I'm also a supporter of positional rankings and I feel RB is absolutely stacked this season.

on board with all of this, except for finishing #1 WR ... that will be Nuk, but OBJ a close second - think they both take the leap over AB this season.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Tough week one match up against jalen Ramsey. Interesting to see how that goes 

AB torched them, no reason Beckham can’t ... Jags D is also incredibly overrated after feasting on an absolute joke of a schedule 

Ramsey is an elite CB, no doubt, but this defense can - and was - exploited by actual NFL caliber offenses. 

Gonna be an interesting week 1. Beckham, Shepard, Engram, Barkley ... and a coach who actually has a playbook with more than 1 formation 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

on board with all of this, except for finishing #1 WR ... that will be Nuk, but OBJ a close second - think they both take the leap over AB this season.

I see no reason for AB to have a dropoff his catches and Td have been very consistent last 4yrs and the Steelers have been an offensive engine in moving the ball and scoring points.  The Giants have so many questions to answer as an offense, team and organization going into this season. honestly when you are talking the top 5 fantasy wr's the difference in point separation can be the result of players missing or sitting a game or 2 for various reason

10 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

AB torched them, no reason Beckham can’t ... Jags D is also incredibly overrated after feasting on an absolute joke of a schedule 

Ramsey is an elite CB, no doubt, but this defense can - and was - exploited by actual NFL caliber offenses. 

Gonna be an interesting week 1. Beckham, Shepard, Engram, Barkley ... and a coach who actually has a playbook with more than 1 formation 

But still no NFL-caliber C, RG or RT.  Let's see how it goes.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

But still no NFL-caliber C, RG or RT.  Let's see how it goes.

Omameh is fine, replaceable but not a huge liability. 

C will either be Jones, who graded as average last year with elite (yes, I’m serious) pass protection. If he loses the job to Halapio, it’s because Halapio beat him out - a good sign. RT is my only “concern” ... but oh well can’t have everything. 

Keep Eli upright and I’m quite confident Giants best the Jags - with Odell being a big part of the reason why

(don’t think it’ll be a high scoring affair ... if the giants run d is as good as I think it’ll be I have no confidence in Bortles moving the ball with no name WRs and Jenkins/Collins in the secondary). 

Should be an excellent test right out the gate

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Omameh is fine, replaceable but not a huge liability. 

C will either be Jones, who graded as average last year with elite (yes, I’m serious) pass protection. If he loses the job to Halapio, it’s because Halapio beat him out - a good sign. RT is my only “concern” ... but oh well can’t have everything. 

Keep Eli upright and I’m quite confident Giants best the Jags - with Odell being a big part of the reason why

Agreed, but that is a BIG If with that OL. Then again, the 2016 MIN OL was worse and Shurmur did great things after Norv Turner quit on that team midseason. We'll see.

15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I see no reason for AB to have a dropoff his catches and Td have been very consistent last 4yrs and the Steelers have been an offensive engine in moving the ball and scoring points.  The Giants have so many questions to answer as an offense, team and organization going into this season. honestly when you are talking the top 5 fantasy wr's the difference in point separation can be the result of players missing or sitting a game or 2 for various reason

i didn't say AB falls off the map, just that i feel the other two surpass this year ... and, you're right in that it could boil down to a handful of points by season's end.  

but i think OBJ and Nuk clear the third place WR by more than that ... and i fully expect Keenan to be up in that mix, as well ... right on AB's heels. 

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i didn't say AB falls off the map, just that i feel the other two surpass this year ... and, you're right in that it could boil down to a handful of points by season's end.  

but i think OBJ and Nuk clear the third place WR by more than that ... and i fully expect Keenan to be up in that mix, as well ... right on AB's heels. 

out of the names u list

I have  AB - keenan-obj-nuk. I think keenan's td total ticks up ; the Texans defense will emerge as well as  the running game so less volume for Nuk;

I'm mixed about OBJ because the Giants defense could suck which may keep his volume/opp consistent but then again Eli could really spread the ball around and feed Barkley/engram/shep  and u see obj getting less td's and volume and more reliant on making big plays. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Agreed, but that is a BIG If with that OL. Then again, the 2016 MIN OL was worse and Shurmur did great things after Norv Turner quit on that team midseason. We'll see.

Expect a lot more 2TE/Ellison snaps as the “in line” TE, one of the best blocking TEs in the league and I fully expect him to be lined up as an extension of the right side quite often ... Mcadoo never knew how to use him, Shurmur does (Minnesota connection) 

Jags D also mediocre at best vs the run and sucked vs RBs in the passing game ... I hear the Giants added some rookie to the backfield recently. We shall see indeed 

5 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Expect a lot more 2TE/Ellison snaps as the “in line” TE, one of the best blocking TEs in the league and I fully expect him to be lined up as an extension of the right side quite often ... Mcadoo never knew how to use him, Shurmur does (Minnesota connection) 

Jags D also mediocre at best vs the run and sucked vs RBs in the passing game ... I hear the Giants added some rookie to the backfield recently. We shall see indeed 

They were the worst rush defense after week 5 but that all changed when they acquired Dareus.  Over the last 10 weeks, they gave up an average of 98.6 rushing YPG which would have been 8th best in the league over a full season.

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

They were the worst rush defense after week 5 but that all changed when they acquired Dareus.  Over the last 10 weeks, they gave up an average of 98.6 rushing YPG which would have been 8th best in the league over a full season.

Cool. Now go look at the running games they played during that stretch 

This Dareus? The one PFF graded as “average” ... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-marcell-dareus-facing-sexual-assault-lawsuits-from-two-different-women/amp/

6 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Cool. Now go look at the running games they played during that stretch 

This Dareus? The one PFF graded as “average” ... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-marcell-dareus-facing-sexual-assault-lawsuits-from-two-different-women/amp/

What is your point? stats are stats.  Look at the first 5 teams they played to begin the season...all teams that finished middle of the pack in team rushing so it was clear that their "poor rush defense" was an anomaly.  Dareus certainly helped but the entire unit improved dramatically as the season progressed.