The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Ok, I know nobody's panicking right now, but hypothetically, who would you be looking to trade OBJ for ?

Disclaimer: I don't have him but if I did I would

1) Try to upgrade slightly by pairing him and a flex player for Julio or Tyreek Hill or AJ Green

2) Straight up, based on the O Line and Eli Manning's erratic play, I would say someone like Keenan Allen (Maybe even Thielen or Diggs)

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Disclaimer: I don't have him but if I did I would

1) Try to upgrade slightly by pairing him and a flex player for Julio or Tyreek Hill or AJ Green

2) Straight up, based on the O Line and Eli Manning's erratic play, I would say someone like Keenan Allen (Maybe even Thielen or Diggs)

Lol what? Based off one down game ur dealing a top 3 wr for top tenish guys?? No just no.  You lose fantasy leagues reacting like this. I’m sure you weren’t thinking this when OBJ dropped 11/112 on the Jags week 1.  Lol comical. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lol what? Based off one down game ur dealing a top 3 wr for top tenish guys?? No just no.  You lose fantasy leagues reacting like this. I’m sure you weren’t thinking this when OBJ dropped 11/112 on the Jags week 1.  Lol comical. 

? I'd argue OBJ is the top ten'ish guy this year, and Hill and Green are closer to top 3.  Manning is straight booty.

11 minutes ago, kdko said:

? I'd argue OBJ is the top ten'ish guy this year, and Hill and Green are closer to top 3.  Manning is straight booty.

Because of one game lol, again y weren’t u saying this last week or preseason?  I don’t see any of these comments at all in this thread, the entire thread. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kdko said:

I made the point in preseason in the Davantes Adams thread that I would draft keenan+adams ahead of OBJ and  he wasnt a top 5 . . . people had a meltdown and called me crazy ad stupid.  . :lol:

8 minutes ago, kdko said:

Theres no way AJ Green is a top 3 receiver. That three touchdown game was literally a once in a lifetime thing. Just wait a week or two and watch everything regress to the mean. People overreact way too much this early on... remember when Odell had like four or five duds in a row to begin the season two years back and then just absolutely crushed it? Probably what’s gonna happen again this year..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, J Boogie said:

Theres no way AJ Green is a top 3 receiver. That three touchdown game was literally a once in a lifetime thing. Just wait a week or two and watch everything regress to the mean. People overreact way too much this early on... remember when Odell had like four or five duds in a row to begin the season two years back and then just absolutely crushed it? Probably what’s gonna happen again this year..

+1. Green gets ignored for long long stretches of time throughout every season and he still has the same coach and QB as when he was drafted so no change seems imminent. 

mano/mano/year/year/assuming health OBJ's targets are on a different plane statistically over those of Green. There are no stats w/o targets.

Some people just really don’t understand the concept of fantasy football. It’s a season long game. One game doesn’t determine a players outlook for the rest of the season. Stop being a bunch of rookies and talking so much crap after one game. Every season a stud has at least 2-3 bad games. Whether it’s now or later, but it happens. These are the same exact people that are bitching in the vent and rant thread all the time. Learn to move on and trust your stud. Obj has been one of the most productive wide receivers in the entire nfl even with crap Eli playing. 

Edited by ShowStopper
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ShowStopper said:

Some people just really don’t understand the concept of fantasy football. It’s a season long game. One game doesn’t determine a players outlook for the rest of the season. Stop being a bunch of rookies and talking so much crap after one game. Every season a stud has at least 2-3 bad games. Whether it’s now or later, but it happens. These are the same exact people that are bitching in the vent and rant thread all the time. Learn to move on and trust your stud. Obj has been one of the most productive wide receivers in the entire nfl even with crap Eli playing. 

Pretty sure he has the most catches and yards of any active player in there first 35 games or something. A ridiculous stat I’m not exactly sure what it is. 

4 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Agreed. I'm going to be fielding offers left and right for him this week in all of my leagues just to see if any owner is amateurish enough to actually offload him

Just now, chud12 said:

Pretty sure he has the most catches and yards of any active player in there first 35 games or something. A ridiculous stat I’m not exactly sure what it is. 

Lol exactly. Not worried what bit. He’ll get his. Last thing I’d want to do as a owner is trade him and watch him destroy my team in a playoff match

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

and why do you assume that he will repeat his past performance? The entire basis of forecasting is making assumptions. You know it's ok to assume that a player wont finish as high as others think he will.  The probability  may be high he will finish in the top 5 but that is only a likelihood of a possible outcome. 

Past performance does not guarantee future results. :lol:

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Some people just really don’t understand the concept of fantasy football. It’s a season long game. 

Oh wow, thanks for clearing that up.

23 minutes ago, kdko said:

Oh wow, thanks for clearing that up.

Your welcome. I guess people just need to be reminded on simple concepts ya know, especially when they overreact to one game like it’s DFS. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Your welcome. I guess people just need to be reminded on simple concepts ya know, especially when they overreact to one game like it’s DFS. 

I still stand by the statement that Tyreek and Michael Thomas should be rated higher given their team situations. The giants’ O line straight up missed blocks and their longest pass play was 14 yards through 3 quarters.

AJ Green I might be convinced otherwise though...

2014: 91/1305/12 (12 games) 7.58/108.75/1.0

2015: 96/1450/13 (15 games) 6.4/96.67/.87

2016: 101/1367/10 (16 games) 6.31/85.43/.63

2017: 25/302/3 (4 games) 6.25/75.5/.75

R-E-L-A-X

But yea, that game last night was awful.  It'll get better.  Selling now is foolish.

• Like 2

I guess one positive takeaway was that the sacks given up were due to missed blocking assignments and not being overpowered in the trenches. Perhaps coaching can fix this.

To be fair, I was not advocating selling. Someone had merely asked about trade value...

2 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

You're* welcome too.  Yeah, and just to remind you again, Eli is trash.  While the arrow is pointing up for Cincy and KC, it's pointing way down for the Giants.  He'll throw it a 35+ times each game, but those aren't quality targets nor is that a solid offense.  I'll bet on Green and Hill over OBJ this year.

6 minutes ago, kdko said:

You're* welcome too.  Yeah, and just to remind you again, Eli is trash.  While the arrow is pointing up for Cincy and KC, it's pointing way down for the Giants.  He'll throw it a 35+ times each game, but those aren't quality targets nor is that a solid offense.  I'll bet on Green and Hill over OBJ this year.

Bold bet there after each of them just had career fantasy games.  

Time to panic!

He's only on pace for 120/1296 w/ one game being against, arguably, the best defense in the league. 

You do realize that not every game is 30 fantasy points, correct. EVERYONE has one or two clunkers. 

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, matlee15 said:

Bold bet there after each of them just had career fantasy games.  

Uhhh, okay?  AJ Green has always been a solid bet for top 10 for years, and this is the best their line has looked in a while.  Dalton didn't get sacked one time last week.  When Mixon is healthy, he's been the best back they've had in a while too (outside of Hill's career year).  That offense is balanced.  Hill's career week was week 1.  I expect him to put up numbers similar to week 2 every week.  And I don't think I need to go into more explanation on how Mahomes has been running this offense, it's singing right now.  I bet on players and their situations, and I don't like OBJ and the 0-2 giants with old, hapless Eli Manning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Time to panic!

He's only on pace for 120/1296 w/ one game being against, arguably, the best defense in the league. 

What's scarier is that the giants offense made a good dallas def look like an elite top 5 def, which should not have been the case

3 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Time to panic!

Did you just refer to the Cowboys defense as one of the best in the league?  :lol:

• Haha 2