The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, mjagger42 said:

Perhaps. But Eli was decent in Week 1 and Beckham was a stud and I figured that'd be the toughest game of the year for both. I'm inclined to just give Dallas credit for a good defensive gameplan and execution and hope for better times ahead for Eli. 

I give blame to an abysmal coaching job by the giants staff, they made zero adjustments during the game. 

• Like 1

I'd give anything to go back to the draft and pick any other "top 5 WR."  It's going to be a rough year.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Here is the bottom line. 

Julio fell to where he did because he relatively just does not fulfill top 5 WR upside in the TD department.  OBJ has always performed well in both yardage and TD numbers.  That's why he's projected as high or higher than Julio.

Although we can't always utilize past season numbers to project future numbers that's essentially what projections in fantasy football is.  Sure there are variables that could impact the numbers both directions but that's why we have ADP. 

To sit here and prematurely wonder if OBJ is going to fall off the map is quite ridiculous after one sub-par game.  If we've learned nothing less in fantasy football I think we've learned to not overreact in the first several games of the season.  That type of overreaction is what loses fantasy football leagues more than anything.  I mean for crying out loud he had 11 catches week 1. 

Sit back and enjoy owning one of the best talents we've ever seen at WR. 

• Like 1

After three games OBJ is a WR3 (1/2 PPR) and hast;t even approached a ceiling game yet. Are there mumbles about him being a "B" yet for 2018? Or is it too premature? He's not living up to his ADP either way.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

After three games OBJ is a WR3 (1/2 PPR) and hast;t even approached a ceiling game yet. Are there mumbles about him being a "B" yet for 2018? Or is it too premature? He's not living up to his ADP either way.

Hopkins is in the exact same boat. Are people complaining about him? It's been three weeks. OBJ has done well with what he has to work with. He's still great and there's no reason to be worried other than Eli being his QB, but we all knew that going into this.

OBJ was used to put a lot of td because he was the only threat in the giants offense, Saquon will take a sizable share of the teams tds and Engram, Shep and to a certain extent Ellison are reliable & good players but shouldn't be taking a huge chunk of those. I'd be surprised if Odell ends up under 10 tds though, the offense had a slow start but they are getting (and will get) better

He had a "slow" start in 2016 as well, 22 catches for 303 yards and 0 TDs through the first four games.  Obviously finished with a very nice season with 10 TDs.  I would be buying if owners are concerned with him although it would be tough, he still put up 15 in 0.5 PPR this week

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

Pass catching Rb's and QB's spreading the ball around are killing the ADP's of quite a few stud wr's.  I think it's ok to readjust the expectations of top wr's downward. i think what's more interesting is seeing the rise of the wr2/3 in certain offenses like boyd-williams-allison-desean-enuwa-ridley-juju-goloday these guys are putting up significant fantasy points. that are better than many wr1's on other offenses.

OBJ will get his 2 or 3 40pt week winning games soon enough

Edited by dashoe

1 hour ago, Novaray said:

He had a "slow" start in 2016 as well, 22 catches for 303 yards and 0 TDs through the first four games.  Obviously finished with a very nice season with 10 TDs.  I would be buying if owners are concerned with him although it would be tough, he still put up 15 in 0.5 PPR this week

I'm still waiting for TD's... and waiting, waiting.  Only reason he's been a "B" for me, I have him in standard, not PPR.

I guess one of the issues is the YPC is down quite a bit from peak years.  Thankfully in two games he's making up for it with receptions, but hopefully the TDs will come.  If he's not performing like a WR1 compared to the field I'd say it's also due in part to the general offensive explosion we've had across the league.  Hopefully the line continues to gel, and if so I'm not too concerned about OBJs outlook.  If we see more of what we saw against the Cowboys with the line though I'd start getting nervous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matlee15 said:

On pace for 1,445 receiving yards and people are complaining.  SMH.

Cant please everyone. 

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Pass catching Rb's and QB's spreading the ball around are killing the ADP's of quite a few stud wr's.  I think it's ok to readjust the expectations of top wr's downward. i think what's more interesting is seeing the rise of the wr2/3 in certain offenses like boyd-williams-allison-desean-enuwa-ridley-juju-goloday these guys are putting up significant fantasy points. that are better than many wr1's on other offenses

Agree with this. So far, it's been huge QB output and the pass catching RB's and WR2's that have been dominating the scene. Beckham, Hopkins, Julio (ok maybe not Julio) should start getting their share of the TD's and we'll see them take their rightful spot at the top. Not worried.

I’m very happy with OBJ....and I believe the tds will come in due time. If the Giants can get Eli the protection he needs on a consistent basis, that should do it.  Eli was very accurate yesterday so hopefully this continues.  And, I can’t imagine the Giants RT having to face anyone as tough as Watt, so that should improve too. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

He did fine for you because someone else on your team made up for it and you still got the win.

Well look I agree but 15 points is dam good.....ben should win me my game 2nite but the MVP was Carlos Hyde this week....to me if i am getting above 12 points from a guy i cant complain...keenan allen did s--- for me and its his usage that bothers me the most...the giants feature odell...keenan allen doesnt seem to get that kind of treatment so I am prob going to unload his a**...he isnt elite IMO....should have never believed the fantasy gurus out there..and the kicker is calvin ridley was on my bench lol Bottom line is with the way the giants feature odell and pepper him with targets you shouldnt be mad

This should be the week OBJ lights it up and shows us why he was drafted at the 1/2 turn. Playing NO at home. NO has been atrocious vs WR in a scenario where NYG will likely be playing catch up to NO's high octane offense. 10/137/2

Edited by trolltoll

5 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

This should be the week OBJ lights it up and shows us why he was drafted at the 1/2 turn. Playing NO at home. NO has been atrocious vs WR in a scenario where NYG will likely be playing catch up to NO's high octane offense. 10/137/2

Lattimore has played well the last two weeks matching up against the opponents WR1. Sterling might have a great day and OBJ might put up 12-15 in ppr. He's got the talent to beat anyone, but it's gonna be real tough if Lattimore is back to doing Lattimore things.

1 minute ago, Mr.STD said:

Lattimore has played well the last two weeks matching up against the opponents WR1. Sterling might have a great day and OBJ might put up 12-15 in ppr. He's got the talent to beat anyone, but it's gonna be real tough if Lattimore is back to doing Lattimore things.

True, he has played really well, but I feel pretty good about OBJ. As long as NO isn't constantly ripping through NYG's O-Line like Dallas did and Eli has some time to throw I think OBJ will have a great game. He put up 11/111 against the Jags & co week 1

35 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

This guy will never live up to his massive potential and Eli is godawful

Last call. Your out! Lol. Jk come on seriously? Relax 

what massive potential are you looking for ? Real life or fantasy?  

Edited by Bugs bunny

On 9/18/2018 at 4:02 PM, mjb said:

I'd give anything to go back to the draft and pick any other "top 5 WR."  It's going to be a rough year.

On pace for 128/1445. What a train wreck.<_<

Yes. He has zero TDs so far. If it's TDs you're after drop him for Chris Conley dudes A BEAST with his 2. Top 15 baby.

• Haha 1