The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr 2018 Season Outlook

Coming off a season ending injury, a new coach, and a new general manager a lot of changes going on in New York. Going into his final year under his rookie contract. Odell has said he wants to be the highest paid player in football. Should be a mid to late first round pick this year. How do you guys see his 2018 going?

espnapi_r217549_576x324_16-9_wmain.jpg

1 minute ago, The 7th Beatles said:

How do you guys see his 2018 going?

it wlll go with some headaches, antics and emotional outbursts.

No sideline kicking net will be safe from his wrath.:lol:

That #2 pick is of course going to change the narrative for the Giants next year though.   I would assume any rookie QB they'd draft sits a year, but if Eli struggles early, the noise will only grow and grow, especially with the "New York media".      But, what if its Barkley?   Then things get interesting.    

6 minutes ago, BrianM said:

That #2 pick is of course going to change the narrative for the Giants next year though.   I would assume any rookie QB they'd draft sits a year, but if Eli struggles early, the noise will only grow and grow, especially with the "New York media".      But, what if its Barkley?   Then things get interesting.    

The NY media has always had a hate to love/hate/love relationship with Eli but I can't ever recall a time where they seriously called for him to be replaced even when he struggled. They just write more paragrpahs describing why he is sucking. I think Eli has reached that rarified status where he gets to leave on his own terms

Edited by dashoe

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

The NY media has always had a hate to love/hate/love relationship with Eli but I can't ever recall a time where they seriously called for him to be replaced even when he struggled. They just write more paragrpahs describing why he is sucking. I think Eli has reached that rarified status where he gets to leave on his own terms

Id hope so, ive never seen any other qb stand toe to toe with Brady like Eli.

I hope Beckham will be available at a mild discount in my league.

14 hours ago, dashoe said:

As he should. The way McAdon't threw him under the bus the last 2 seasons was unconscionable...they should have focused on the OL as most reasonable fans were clammoring for this time a year ago.

Gettleman never fixed the OL in CAT, so we'll see.

16 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Coming off a season ending injury, a new coach, and a new general manager a lot of changes going on in New York. Going into his final year under his rookie contract. Odell has said he wants to be the highest paid player in football. Should be a mid to late first round pick this year. How do you guys see his 2018 going?

espnapi_r217549_576x324_16-9_wmain.jpg

I expect him to be humble like he was as a rookie, until the Giants start winning again and he gets treated like a god again. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Id hope so, ive never seen any other qb stand toe to toe with Brady like Eli.

I get what you mean, but also, so what? Besides those two SB's Eli has simply not had a great or even very good career.

40 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

I get what you mean, but also, so what? Besides those two SB's Eli has simply not had a great or even very good career.

Oh, at the end of your post i thought you were going to say "Besides those two SB's Eli has simply not had a great or even very good offensive line"

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Oh, at the end of your post i thought you were going to say "Besides those two SB's Eli has simply not had a great or even very good offensive line"

Jim.  Plunkett.  

Eli is the worst of the big 3 QB's in his draft class.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Cowboys or Eagles fan?!?

1 hour ago, Jetdog16 said:

LOL. Top 10 all-time in TD passes and yards even without those 2 seasons. Epic fail.

1 hour ago, Jetdog16 said:

Did you write this during a 10 martini lunch? :lol:

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, joshua18 said:

LOL. Top 10 all-time in TD passes and yards even without those 2 seasons. Epic fail.

The way the league is now, that doesn't mean what it used to mean.  10-15 years from now Eli will probably only be top 25 in those categories and so on.  It also helps when you don't miss a game your entire career.

Put it this way, after their first 4 seasons, Bortles is on pace to crush Eli's career numbers.

Edited by RMJ_12
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

The way the league is now, that doesn't mean what it used to mean.  10-15 years from now Eli will probably only be top 25 in those categories and so on.  It also helps when you don't miss a game your entire career.

Put it this way, after their first 4 seasons, Bortles is on pace to crush Eli's career numbers.

You want to wager on that happening? 

4 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

a 10-15 year bet? B)

2 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

a 10-15 year bet? B)

If someone wants to bet that Bortles surpasses Eli's career TD and yardage numbers, be my guest. 

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Did you really think that I was hunting at something here with Bortles?  I don't even support him, but what I posted isn't untrue.

Do I think Bortles will pass Eli in yards and TD's?  No.  Do I think 10-15 others will?  If they play long enough, easily.  It's the nature of today's game.  Is career longevity really that important to you in being a good QB?  Because that's why Eli is top 10 in those stats, and that's the only reason why.

7 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Did you really think that I was hunting at something here with Bortles?  I don't even support him, but what I posted isn't untrue.

Do I think Bortles will pass Eli in yards and TD's?  No.  Do I think 10-15 others will?  If they play long enough, easily.  It's the nature of today's game.  Is career longevity really that important to you in being a good QB?  Because that's why Eli is top 10 in those stats, and that's the only reason why.

If it was so easy, more than 7 other QBs all time would have more TD passes in the history of the NFL. 

For perspective, Stafford has already played 9 seasons and is still more than 120 TD passes behind Eli. Wilson has played 6 seasons and is more than 175 TD passes behind Eli.

Good luck thinking that more than 5 QBs will pass Eli in the next 15 years. 

51 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

If it was so easy, more than 7 other QBs all time would have more TD passes in the history of the NFL. 

For perspective, Stafford has already played 9 seasons and is still more than 120 TD passes behind Eli. Wilson has played 6 seasons and is more than 175 TD passes behind Eli.

Good luck thinking that more than 5 QBs will pass Eli in the next 15 years. 

Yet only 3 of Eli's 14 seasons surpassed 4100 yards.  Only 3 of his 14 seasons surpassed 30 TD's.  Yeah, beast mode.

Again it's because he's played 14 seasons and never got hurt once.

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

Yet only 3 of Eli's 14 seasons surpassed 4100 yards.  Only 3 of his 14 seasons surpassed 30 TD's.  Yeah, beast mode.

Again it's because he's played 14 seasons and never got hurt once.

If it was so easy, everyone would be doing it. Eli's career numbers are going to be top-10 all time for a LONG time.