The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr 2018 Season Outlook

41 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

OBJ has a screw loose. Seriously. Even a guy like TO, with all of his antics, was not nearly as emotional as Beckham.

I think they are one in the same.  Not sure how anyone could see Beckham's behavior over the years and not think TO immediately.  "I LOOOOVE ME SOME ME"  if thats not Odell i don't know what is.  TO just has a longer track record of childish behavior, something Odell is looking to match i believe.  Both great players, both egomaniacs.

Biggest difference i'd say is, at least TO didn't get his a** handed to him by the kickers net :) 

OBJ does let his emotions run wild, but it seems he is more of a team guy than T.O. was.  I think Beckham is more like Dez, who always just wants to win.

10 hours ago, joshua18 said:

I guess your ignorance of understanding HOF QB play is understandable...you are, after all a Bears fan 😂

All you need is a pair of working eyes to tell he's not HoF caliber without those 2 rings his defense won him.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

All you need is a pair of working eyes to tell he's not HoF caliber without those 2 rings his defense won him.

Flacco was elite 5 years ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdko said:

by your logic he is a HoF QB then?? 

1 hour ago, JSA2422 said:

by your logic he is a HoF QB then?? 

Yeah, I could have brushed up the phrasing on that.  People hang too much of his merits on those rings.  When you look at the numbers it's more a result of longevity, and when compared to other QB's of similar tenures (Ben/Rivers), his numbers fall far behind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kdko said:

If you think the 2011 defense won that ring, you're acting clueless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kdko said:

Yeah, I could have brushed up the phrasing on that.  People hang too much of his merits on those rings.  When you look at the numbers it's more a result of longevity, and when compared to other QB's of similar tenures (Ben/Rivers), his numbers fall far behind.

LOL. Do the work and put the numbers up instead of making superficial inflammatory bad taeks. Being top-10 all time in TD passes and yards alone is HOF caliber. And that's assuming he's like Rivers who has never done anything in the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

LOL. Do the work and put the numbers up instead of making superficial inflammatory bad taeks. Being top-10 all time in TD passes and yards alone is HOF caliber. And that's assuming he's like Rivers who has never done anything in the playoffs. 

What Eli's had in luck (defenses, helmet catch, manningham, etc), Rivers has had in misfortune (acl/LT mcl, McCree, etc).   I'm glad you bring up the top 10 all time in TD's and passing stats though, because once you compare their numbers and not rings Eli's fall far behind. 

Rivers has 3 more TD's than Eli, and 62 less interceptions.  Rivers has 1,300 yards less than Eli despite playing 2 less seasons.  That's not Eli's fault, but we both know Rivers will far surpass those and end up with better career numbers than him.  

23 minutes ago, kdko said:

What Eli's had in luck (defenses, helmet catch, manningham, etc), Rivers has had in misfortune (acl/LT mcl, McCree, etc).   I'm glad you bring up the top 10 all time in TD's and passing stats though, because once you compare their numbers and not rings Eli's fall far behind. 

Rivers has 3 more TD's than Eli, and 62 less interceptions.  Rivers has 1,300 yards less than Eli despite playing 2 less seasons.  That's not Eli's fault, but we both know Rivers will far surpass those and end up with better career numbers than him.  

Misfortune? Rivers had a top-3 all time TE, a top-10 all time RB, the #1 defense (c DPOY) and a top-5 OL the first 6+ years of his career and won NOTHING. 

Meanwhile Eli won his first ring with a grand total of one Pro Bowl player against the greatest team of all time. His second was carrying the only defense ever to allow 400+ points to a SB, and setting NFL records for 4th quarter TD passes and yardage by a SB winning QB -- both of which still stand.  All while playing with a bottom-5 OL (PFF) and the #32 running game (to simplify that for you, its dead last). 

And yeah, he's number 6 all time in yards and #8 in TD passes despite playing his first 10 years without any HOF talent on offense. Thankfully, he now has OBJ.

Rivers was given far more and has done FAR less. The worst draft decision the Chargers ever made was trading for Rivers instead of just drafting Larry Fitzgerald and trusting the superior QB who was already starting for them -- Drew Brees -- who like Eli and unlike Rivers actually got the job done despite having far less surrounding talent. 

Edited by joshua18

12 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Misfortune? Rivers had a top-3 all time TE, a top-10 all time RB, the #1 defense (c DPOY) and a top-5 OL the first 6+ years of his career and won NOTHING. 

Meanwhile Eli won his first ring with a grand total of one Pro Bowl player against the greatest team of all time. His second was carrying the only defense ever to allow 400+ points to a SB, and setting NFL records for 4th quarter TD passes and yardage by a SB winning QB -- both of which still stand. 

And yeah, he's number 6 all time in yards and #8 in TD passes despite playing his first 10 years without any HOF talent on offense. Thankfully, he now has OBJ.

Rivers was given far more and has done FAR less. The worst draft decision the Chargers ever made was trading for Rivers instead of just drafting Larry Fitzgerald and trusting the superior QB who was already starting for them -- Drew Brees -- who like Eli and unlike Rivers actually got the job done despite having far less surrounding talent. 

Yeah, i'd call that misfortune.  Rivers played a fine game and if it wasn't for McCree's boneheaded decision to run back an interception (and subsequently fumble) history would have been a little kinder on him. 

2 top 10 offensive skill players automatically wins you a Superbowl?  What a joke of a point you're trying to mae.  The Steelers clearly should have won last year then.  Defenses win you championships, and Eli's carried him through his 2 playoff runs en route to the Superbowl, where a lucky helmet catch, and the catch of Manningham's career played a huge part.   Rivers went through a drought and played without any offensive talent for a number of years after LT's retirement, much like the one you're referencing to start Eli's career.   However, he still put up better numbers and played better when HE was the one being relied on.  As evidenced by last year, and contrary to your point, Eli can't play for crap without any talent around him.  He doesn't have what it takes to win by himself. 

Edited by kdko

3 minutes ago, kdko said:

Lol, you're an Eli nuthugger, so I don't think any amount of arguing or rationale will wipe the stars out of your eyes.  Rivers played a fine game and if it wasn't for McCree's boneheaded decision to run back an interception (and subsequently fumble) history would have been a little kinder on him. 

2 top 10 offensive skill players automatically wins you a Superbowl?  What a joke of a point you're trying to mae.  The Steelers clearly should have won last year then.  Defenses win you championships, and Eli's carried him through his 2 playoff runs en route to the Superbowl, where a lucky helmet catch, and the catch of Manningham's career played a huge part.   Rivers went through a drought and played without any offensive talent for a number of years much after LT's retirement, much like the one you're referencing to start Eli's career.   However, he still put up better numbers and played better when HE was the one being relied on.  As evidenced by last year, and contrary to your point, Eli can't play for crap without any talent around him.  He doesn't have what it takes to win by himself. 

Thats why this is the OBJ thread. Of course Eli can't carry a roster by himself anymore. But unlike Rivers, he's already done it.  Your excuses for Rivers are amusing, I'll give you that. Few QBs have done less with more surrounding talent than Rivers has. The game at KC last year is what Rivers has done EVERY YEAR when it matters most. Without exception. 

I'm glad OBJ's recovery is on track. With him, Engram and Shepard healthy, Eli will be a value in the late double digit rounds. 

Edited by joshua18

4 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Thats why this is the OBJ thread. Of course Eli can't carry a roster by himself anymore. But unlike Rivers, he's already done it.  Your excuses for Rivers are amusing, I'll give you that. Few QBs have done less with more surrounding talent than Rivers has. The game at KC last year is what Rivers has done EVERY YEAR when it matters most. Without exception. 

I'm glad OBJ's recovery is on track. With him, Engram and Shepard healthy, Eli will be a value in the late double digit rounds. 

Just saying, you'd have more than 2 rings if you had Rivers instead of that schlepper.  

3 minutes ago, kdko said:

Just saying, you'd have more than 2 rings if you had Rivers instead of that schlepper.  

Heck no; we'd have as many as Rivers does -- ZERO. When things get tough he always whines and throws teammates under the bus. That's a big reason for all his talent he's never won anything and never will. Good chat though; I think we're both pretty entrenched on which side we're on. 

Back to OBJ, I hope he's been humbled to the point where he just shows up and plays (no drama) like he did coming off the injury as a rookie. 

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Ben Mcadoo is that you from the grave?

2 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I graduated high school too! Gym was fun - miss it. 

5 years of college ball too.  Red shirted Freshman year.

Your father didn't love you, did he?

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:56 AM, lolcopter said:

Eli haters need to get a new hobby

People have been hating on Eli since he got drafted, it never gets old for them.

Even after winning 2 superbowls they still love to hate.

Eli will win another 2 supernowls and they'll still hate on him.

What did Eli do to deserve this hate? I just don't understand.

Edited by pdog109

1 hour ago, pdog109 said:

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, pdog109 said:

B)

Edited by kdko

Can we get back to OBJ or do we have to read a few more pages of bickering about Eli's hall of fame credentials?

• Like 2

I agree with Shake.  This is not the Rivers career v. Eli career thread.  The only question for OBJ purposes is: "how good will Eli be in 2018?" 

In 2017, Eli was gawd-awful.  Will he get better with a more talented coach and a healthy OBJ?  Not sure.  Unless New York fixes their O-line, Eli will probably struggle once again in 2018.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kdko said:

I'm tired of the Manningham catch drawn up as luck. That's an extremely low percentage throw, but for the split second he looks right is essentially the time Chung is late getting to Manningham to break up the play. He probably couldn't do it again honestly, but he did it when he had to. I have a ton of respect for Rivers he's every bit the gamer Eli is but Rivers had two no doubt hall of famers at offensive skill positions and lost to those same Patriots as a 14-2 home team. It's a stupid argument they've both had great careers and nobody is changing their opinion so who cares? 

• Like 1

You fellas are right. 

With Shepard, Engram, and assuming they retain Marshall as well.... I think 1,200 is about his ceiling, and he'll have less than 10 TD's as well.  That's assuming Eli is doing well with his weapons.

5 hours ago, kdko said:

You fellas are right. 

With Shepard, Engram, and assuming they retain Marshall as well.... I think 1,200 is about his ceiling, and he'll have less than 10 TD's as well.  That's assuming Eli is doing well with his weapons.

I would be very surprised if Brandon Marshall is on the Giants' roster in 2018.  I will be even more surprised if Marshall plays a significant role and thus diminishes Beckham's stats.

• Like 2