The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr 2018 Season Outlook

7 hours ago, kdko said:

You fellas are right. 

With Shepard, Engram, and assuming they retain Marshall as well.... I think 1,200 is about his ceiling, and he'll have less than 10 TD's as well.  That's assuming Eli is doing well with his weapons.

Marshall needs to retire or go into announcing or something

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I would be very surprised if Brandon Marshall is on the Giants' roster in 2018.  I will be even more surprised if Marshall plays a significant role and thus diminishes Beckham's stats.

If he does, any amount of yardage will impact OBJ, plus he's their biggest body in the redzone.

11 minutes ago, kdko said:

If he does, any amount of yardage will impact OBJ, plus he's their biggest body in the redzone.

The entire purpose of marshall was NYG  had a hole in their poass catching corp and needed a big body wr for Eli to throw to.  Engram has the size and speed to be that guy going forward.  i simply don't think OBJ is going to be the same ball hog that he was in the past. Soo expect his number to go down as most other elite wr numbers have gone down not named AB or hopkins. I would expect you will see chunky big plays vs tons of targets.

Edited by dashoe

They've slowly built a lot of offensive talent, and I don't think OBJ is getting force fed when guys like Dwayne Harris and Larry Donnell were the next best options.  If they pick up Barkley or another stud RB that can catch well, and balance that offense with a decent line they won't have to lean on him so much.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

They've slowly built a lot of offensive talent, and I don't think OBJ is getting force fed when guys like Dwayne Harris and Larry Donnell were the next best options.  If they pick up Barkley or another stud RB that can catch well, and balance that offense with a decent line they won't have to lean on him so much.

Getting him the ball isn't as much leaning as it is using the most talented player on their team by far. We watched 12 weeks of football without him, but let's not forget that he's a probably one of the top 5 offensive players in the game (non QBs).

Edited by P@ckersFan
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Getting him the ball isn't as much leaning as it is using the most talented player on their team by far. We watched 12 weeks of football without him, but let's not forget that he's a probably one of the top 5 offensive players in the game (non QBs).

Top 3 imo.

10 hours ago, kdko said:

You fellas are right. 

With Shepard, Engram, and assuming they retain Marshall as well.... I think 1,200 is about his ceiling, and he'll have less than 10 TD's as well.  That's assuming Eli is doing well with his weapons.

Marshall and his 5m cap number are going to be gone.   Harris and his 4m number are likely gone as well.   I expect King and Lewis to battle for the 3rd wr role.

Adam Thielen just posted 143/91/1276 under Shurmur.  No reason to expect OBJ to be under 145 targets minimum imo.  The days of 160 may be gone though, we'll have to see. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

I won't argue that.  They also haven't had a solid running game, O-line, or balanced offense in his entire tenure, and did lean on their passing game.  I think if they fix these issues in the offseason he'll have a solid season, but not career year.  They might have one of the most stacked offenses if everyones healthy.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

I won't argue that.  They also haven't had a solid running game, O-line, or balanced offense in his entire tenure, and did lean on their passing game.  I think if they fix these issues in the offseason he'll have a solid season, but not career year.  They might have one of the most stacked offenses if everyones healthy.

A stacked offense of a few good skill position players with no O-line is not going to be too effective.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

A stacked offense of a few good skill position players with no O-line is not going to be too effective.

This. 

20 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

which is why i included the 'if they fix these issues in the offseason'

36 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Which CIN and NYG learned the hard way in 2017 and why Reese prioritizing Marshall over Andrew Whitworth this time a year ago was a colossal mistake. 

But MIN in 2016 had a bottom-five OL and they massively improved in 2017 through FA and the draft. No reason the Giants can't do the same. If so, then maybe Eli will actually have time to throw more than just slants to OBJ.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2018 at 3:25 PM, joshua18 said:

Which CIN and NYG learned the hard way in 2017 and why Reese prioritizing Marshall over Andrew Whitworth this time a year ago was a colossal mistake. 

But MIN in 2016 had a bottom-five OL and they massively improved in 2017 through FA and the draft. No reason the Giants can't do the same. If so, then maybe Eli will actually have time to throw more than just slants to OBJ.

it sounds like the giants may stay with eli for now. it maybe easier to do so because he knows the wrs so well. they could draft say barkley and o-line and D this year...add a running game...and defensive talent and depth??? go after a qb replacement for eli after you get things in place to take the heat off a kid when you have to put one in there???? they can do exactly what minnesota did last year with building the offense.....but its the D that will kill them in that division for now if they dont have a ground game to keep their D off the field more????? they dont have minnesotas D....thats what really won things for the vikes.

When are the Giants going to pick at no. 2 overall again?  I think they may go QB.

Beckham will be a late first rounder in most fantasy drafts, I suspect.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

When are the Giants going to pick at no. 2 overall again?  I think they may go QB.

yup you could be right? but as much talk as the new gm, the owner, and now the new head coach have had about a few years left in eli???? i cant see it this year? i could and probably am wrong, but something tells me they go elsewhere, like barkley?????bradley chubb big DE???? just a hunch

On 2/9/2018 at 3:47 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

On point, they need to address the offensive line I think that's been pretty obvious the last few seasons. Its nearly impossible to project stats otherwise that's why I would trade down honestly said this earlier in a perfect world Giants trade down and get Quenton Nelson and Derrius Guice somehow wouldn't be as sexy as grabbing Rosen or Barkley but would go certainly bolster their team more efficiently. Marshall is irrelevant you have Beckham for big plays,Engram down the seam, and Shepard for everything underneath/safety valve.

Edited by NyCro

Marshall is 33 years old, has scored 3 TDs in his last 20 games, is due $6.1 million in 2018, and now has a GM in Dave Gettleman who 1) did not sign Marshall in the first place, and 2) was run out of Carolina because he wouldn't give out rich "farewell tour" contracts to the Panther's aging fan (and owner) favorites.

He gone.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 7:52 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Marshall is 33 years old, has scored 3 TDs in his last 20 games, is due $6.1 million in 2018, and now has a GM in Dave Gettleman who 1) did not sign Marshall in the first place, and 2) was run out of Carolina because he wouldn't give out rich "farewell tour" contracts to the Panther's aging fan (and owner) favorites.

He gone.

image.jpeg.c9ee06eec83cff55b22920f18059e103.jpeg

Would you think Beckham will be more productive than any of the top 3 RBs?

Edited by nine9s

On 2/9/2018 at 10:43 AM, 96mnc said:

Top 3 imo.

Johnson, Brown, and Bell are easily better than odb.

On 2/11/2018 at 12:44 PM, not an nfl scout said:

where would you draft him in the top 2 rounds of fantasy draft?

8th overall