Corleone

Kirk Cousins 2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Who is Mack? 

[edit]  oh, Khalil Mack of the Bears

Yea sorry I shoulda been more specific I suppose, I dont watch Bears games, but I do know their D was bad ( 0 sacks ) without Mack.

Since he has returned, is the unit fearsome again, anyone with some insight?

2 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Who is Mack?

He's referring to Khalil Mack.

20 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

How has Mack looked since returning?  Is he wrecking havoc again or has been a part time limited player returning from injury?

that will determine alot about Kirks game Sunday

He had 5 tackles 4 of them being solo. 2 sacks in the game against Detroit last Sunday. 

DeFilippo has been a creative OC thus far and I envision with him having a full extra week to prep during the BYE week that they come out strong, even against the bears tough D. Should be a high scoring affair IMO. 

Never would have predicted before the year that MIN would upgrade from Keenum to Cousins while WAS downgraded from Cousins to Alex Smith (saving no money in doing so BTW) and yet WAS is the one getting better while MIN seems to be running in place or getting worse.  Cousins seems to be following the Drew Brees "don't throw any more than you have to" mode whereas I figured the Vikes would be letting him go bombs away. 

15 minutes ago, jumper said:

Never would have predicted before the year that MIN would upgrade from Keenum to Cousins while WAS downgraded from Cousins to Alex Smith (saving no money in doing so BTW) and yet WAS is the one getting better while MIN seems to be running in place or getting worse.  Cousins seems to be following the Drew Brees "don't throw any more than you have to" mode whereas I figured the Vikes would be letting him go bombs away. 

Smith is good, but he really is working with nothing in Washington. Bad o-line due to injuries, no receivers. It's brought him back to his 2011 days in san fran, but worse. If Cousins was there in washington, I believe they would be worse with Cousins than Smith. And I like Cosuins more than Smith. I think he's better, but with washington's personnel on offense AND defense, Smith is the better qb for that team. Simply, dont turn it over. 

That's just my opinion though. I know there will be people who disagree

Edited by Chippa

1 hour ago, jumper said:

Cousins is a much better passer than Smith, which is why Shanahan and others wanted him so badly.  His biggest weakness has been turnovers, not just interceptions but the fumbles, including when getting strip sacked.  Smith is not a great passer, as he has reverted back to his pre-2017 ways and that's OK as he's winning for the reasons already said.  Cousins' fantasy numbers during his Redskins days were inflated by a mediocre running game, a bad defense or so many injuries to the offense that the Skins were forced to be in passing mode.  I would say the best Skins running back he played with was Alfred Morris, who's been declining for years ( I don't count Chris Thompson because he's very injury prone and his receiving numbers propped up Cousins numbers).  There was definitely concern going into the season that Cousins fantasy numbers would go down because the Minnesota Defense and the running game would put less reliance on the passing game.

1 hour ago, Chippa said:

Smith is good, but he really is working with nothing in Washington. Bad o-line due to injuries, no receivers. It's brought him back to his 2011 days in san fran, but worse. If Cousins was there in washington, I believe they would be worse with Cousins than Smith. And I like Cosuins more than Smith. I think he's better, but with washington's personnel on offense AND defense, Smith is the better qb for that team. Simply, dont turn it over. 

That's just my opinion though. I know there will be people who disagree

Let me say there is no excitement with the Redskins fan base for Alex Smith and this team.  It's kind of smoke and mirrors that they have the record that they do as their defense has been bending but not quite breaking.  I read this earlier today and can't find the site I found it on, but the Redskins have not had a SINGLE LEAD CHANGE during a game, for the entire season.  In other words, when they are leading they stay ahead, when they are losing, they have can't overcome that.  The Redskins have been winning because of their turnover differential, but no one knows if they can keep that up.  Like last week, when they gave up 500+ yards and got 4 turnovers from the Bucs to win the game.   That's not sustainable against better teams.   At least Cousins could lead a comeback...

Alright so I am a bit concerned riding Kirk into the playoffs. He has been painfully pedestrian since the beginning of October. 

WEEK 5 - 14.1 vs. PHI

WEEK 6 - 17.6 vs. ARI

WEEK 7 - 17.5 vs. NYJ

WEEK 8 - 20.7 vs. NO

WEEK 9  - 6.9 (nice) vs. DET

WEEK 11 - 17 vs. CHI

I realize this is what we signed up for when we drafted him. I just wish I felt more comfortable with him at the helm for my playoff stretch. Anyone else concerned? 

I'm not concerned about the playoffs since I'm out of the playoff hunt.  :P

The defense is getting better as it gets healthy.  Dalvin Cook is back.  None of that bodes well for Cousins.  Week 15 MIA and Week 16 DET are nice matchups in domes, but it doesn't look like Cousins is going to anything big for you.

Who's starting him against the Packers this week? Debating rolling him out there one more time or streaming Winston...

4 hours ago, drisser said:

Who's starting him against the Packers this week? Debating rolling him out there one more time or streaming Winston...

I am starting him but not with confidence.

So watching Cousins against New England was painful, he just isn't that good, I don't think there is any way I can trust this guy against Seattle in week 14. He doesn't offer a high ceiling and his floor is scary as we've seen. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

So watching Cousins against New England was painful, he just isn't that good, I don't think there is any way I can trust this guy against Seattle in week 14. He doesn't offer a high ceiling and his floor is scary as we've seen. 

He has some of the highest ceiling of any QB with 2 30+ pt games.  He has been mediocre recently however though and seemingly only shreds the Packers. 

6 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

He has some of the highest ceiling of any QB with 2 30+ pt games.  He has been mediocre recently however though and seemingly only shreds the Packers. 

Yup, two nice games against GB and another vs Rams.. other than that very mediocre.

The OL has been disappointing and it has hampered their ability to unleash the downfield passing game.

Dropping him tomorrow if I land one of my waiver claims.   I dont see how you can start him confidently in the fantasy playoffs.

For contextual purposes,  I have Tribusky on the roster.  if hes out Ill stream winston or josh allen before I start Cousins.  Thats how little confidence I have in him as a fantasy starter 

Edited by Funkenstein

I wouldn't place the majority of the blame on Cousins. The OL has significant issues and for some reason they have yet to establish a running game since Cook has been back. Even Zimmer has been calling out the OC on his lack of run calls and ability to utilize cook. They called 40+ pass plays against NE and I only 12 runs. If they can establish a run game I think it would do wonders for Cousins fantasy output. 

I had been rostering him and Big Ben and playing matchups but I'm finally cutting bait (probably a little late). Overall I have him outside the top 12 QBs ROS so I wouldn't even consider him a clear cut QB1 any longer. 

Edited by Jaw1

2 hours ago, Nap Time said:

The OL has been disappointing and it has hampered their ability to unleash the downfield passing game.

Redskins fan here.  At some point we need to stop pretending the Oline is bad and just admit Kirk Cousins is really not good.  I was frankly glad when we moved on and didn't sign him.  Had you just looked at his stats, he looks like a sound quarterback.  After watching him every single play and game for the last few years, he really isn't great.  Looks fantastic one game and ***** the bed the next. 

As for fantasy.  I'm up in the air with Goff and Cousins this weekend.  I keep going back and forth.  Seattle D can be exposed, but also can play great.  In Seattle too.  

• Like 1

How are we feeling about Cousins this week? I was going to go with Trubisky over him but a friend is trying to talk me out of it.

Ive read articles saying the Vikes WRs have a great matchup, but have also read do not start Cousins...

What say you?

0-7 career on MNF.  First QB with a guaranteed contract.  His career record vs teams over .500 are equally disgusting.  I can’t help but hate this guy for ruining football.  Someone was going to get a guaranteed contract regardless in rough and tumble nfl world.  But why some dude who’s literally never beaten anyone?  It’s a fantasy forum and he puts up stats against bums (like most players).  But this guy f***** sucks . Sadly now the better qbs (long list) will be using this embarrassing contract as the bar for nfl teams to be bent over by.  Thanks Cousins, thanks Vikings. Losers.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really thought Cap Kirk could sling better pigskin than this.  What's his deal?  Is he too short ?  He has weapons galore.  His OL worst in league?

What is going on with this dude? 

Thankfully he is playing in a random 1PM game on Sunday against a non-conference team at home. That is Cousins' wheel house. 

4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Thankfully he is playing in a random 1PM game on Sunday against a non-conference team at home. That is Cousins' wheel house. 

Miami has a winning record though, so Cousins is screwed and will choke the game away (again)

• Like 1

I’m just beside myself this loser was first nfl player to receive a fully guaranteed contract.  I’m sick to my stomach.

• Thanks 1