Robrain

Los Angeles Rams 2018 Outlook

19 hours ago, joshua18 said:

He's right. 

Wilson, JimmyG and Bradford are all better than Goff. That's why McVay tries to surround him with as many weapons as possible. 

Not saying Goff is all that but I don’t see how you can say JG is better after only 5 games. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Not saying Goff is all that but I don’t see how you can say JG is better after only 5 games. 

Honestly maybe me saying Bradford is better was a little ridiculous and being a troll but I don't think it was that outlandish from a talent perspective. That being said from the games I have watched I would roll with JG IMO he looked so poised and just cool and collected throwing to who exactly Goodwin who is solid but nothing spectacular. Goff on other hand not a knock on him but he has a top 3 RB in Gurley to take pressure off of him and a pretty solid crew of WR's.

Edited by NyCro
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, NyCro said:

Honestly maybe me saying Bradford is better was a little ridiculous and being a troll but I don't think it was that outlandish from a talent perspective. That being said from the games I have watched I would roll with JG IMO he looked so poised and just cool and collected throwing to who exactly Goodwin who is solid but nothing spectacular. Goff on other hand not a knock on him but he has a top 3 RB in Gurley to take pressure off of him and a pretty solid crew of WR's.

It's not ridiculous at all. Especially anyone looking at their respective performances in 2016. Bradford is better and is also made of glass. One truth doesn't nullify the other.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NyCro said:

Good points. Have to laugh because I think my response is a little being a troll because I feel like the JG hype is a bit out of control. Might be warranted but I’m not sold yet. I remember when people were comparing Jake Plummer to Joe Montana. Solid points on Goodwin and Goff’s cast.

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

It's not ridiculous at all. Especially anyone looking at their respective performances in 2016. Bradford is better and is also made of glass. One truth doesn't nullify the other.

Bradford’s in the decline phase of his career and still trying to put up a season like Goff’s 2017.

Jimmy G looks good in a limited sample and is 3 years older than Goff. 

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Bradford’s in the decline phase of his career and still trying to put up a season like Goff’s 2017.

Jimmy G looks good in a limited sample and is 3 years older than Goff. 

Bradford's 2016 was better than Goff's 2017 season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Bradford's 2016 was better than Goff's 2017 season.

Bradford 2016-  3877/20/5.  71%

Goff 2017- 3800/28/7 64%

Close enough that this debate is pointless.   Wilson is the best qb in the division and the other 3 could finish in any order.    All have nice upside.  

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Bradford 2016-  3877/20/5.  71%

Goff 2017- 3800/28/7 64%

Close enough that this debate is pointless.   Wilson is the best qb in the division and the other 3 could finish in any order.    All have nice upside.  

If the eye test doesn't show you that JG is a more talented player than Goff it is pointless continuing this discussion . . . 

1 minute ago, NyCro said:

If the eye test doesn't show you that JG is a more talented player than Goff it is pointless continuing this discussion . . . 

I’d like to see more from both before forming any concrete opinions.    When defenses start getting tape is when you see how good a qb is.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NyCro said:

26 year old Jimmy G looks more polished than 23 year old Goff? Shocking. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, smeeze said:

26 year old Jimmy G looks more polished than 23 year old Goff? Shocking. 

Exactly! Everyone needs to stop gushing over Jimmy G. He's won how many meaningful NFL games, maybe 1? Maybe Jacksonville who was a fraud? He beat a Rams team with nothing to play for. Let's see how he does over a full season in meaningful games against quality  competition before we shoot our wads. I'm not saying he won't be really good, but doesn't he need to prove something first?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, South Carolina said:

Exactly! Everyone needs to stop gushing over Jimmy G. He's won how many meaningful NFL games, maybe 1? Maybe Jacksonville who was a fraud? He beat a Rams team with nothing to play for. Let's see how he does over a full season in meaningful games against quality  competition before we shoot our wads. I'm not saying he won't be really good, but doesn't he need to prove something first?

Sounds like what many said about Wentz this time a year ago...

28 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Wentz was a starter from day 1. He didn't have the luxury of sitting behind the greatest QB of all time. And Wentz's skillset is superior to Jimmy G's. That's why despite being from a small college he was the second overall pick. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, joshua18 said:

What a straw man. You're better than that, Joshua.

I find it hilarious that the Whiners organization are trying to follow in the Rams footsteps with trades.

"Rams have an interest in OBJ, OBJ tells Rams players he wants in"

2 days later: "49ers have a real interest in OBJ"

"Rams have an interest in Gronk"

2 days later: "49ers have an interest in Gronk"

Yet, 49er fans are claiming "Rams must be scared of Jimmy G by signing Peters, Suh, and Talib"

Seems more like the 49ers are scrambling to stay competitive

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

What a straw man. You're better than that, Joshua.

Not a strawman. Literally the same things were being said about Wentz.

I'm getting strong "Dream Team" deja vu

This team has lots of studs. This isnt flash in the pan talent, this is primo stud.

Suh, Donald, Talib, Gurley, Cooks, Kupp, Woods...thats some talent. 

Loving this even more than an Odell trade!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Loving this even more than an Odell trade!

As you should, considering this one actually happened in reality

(keep telling yourself you prefer Cooks to Odell)

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

If I remember right, Cooks does significantly better indoors and has trouble/disappears against quality defenders. Yea or nay?

3 minutes ago, AtomShifter said:

This team has lots of studs. This isnt flash in the pan talent, this is primo stud.

Suh, Donald, Talib, Gurley, Cooks, Kupp, Woods...thats some talent. 

It's an all-in gamble for '18...not a long-term plan.  Should be fun to watch

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

As you should, considering this one actually happened in reality

(keep telling yourself you prefer Cooks to Odell)

Dude, you're living in a dreamland where fairy tales are real and nothing bad happens. 

Honestly, you can stick your fingers in your ears and close your eyes all you want. Deny, deny deny. Ignorance is bliss. But you saying "Odell wasn't a real thing" is complete BS. It's a fan not wanting it to be true.

And when people call you on it, you berate them and troll. Grow up dude.

Yes, I do prefer Cooks over Odell. I never thought Cooks was an option. He's younger, better chemistry, better teammate, and cost less. 

Thank you.