Robrain

Los Angeles Rams 2018 Outlook

The Rams-Saints-Eagles-Vikings-NYG-Bears have all improved offseason on paper. NFC is going to beat itself up this season

Rams > All.

6 hours ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

Image result for jeff fisher gif

So I assume his contract will be to cover 7-9 games? 😉

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Samson Ebukam... being praised all offseason by Wade Phillips. He was hand-picked by Wade in last years draft.

He's the reason why we didn't draft any LB's. They're really excited about him and confident in a couple of others...

The two spots worthy of drafting a LB on this 3-4 Rams DST are the two ILB. Barron is penciled in at one of the two spots, and word I'm getting is Littleton is taking over the other. Here's one example: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAR and according to this, Ebukam is slated for Quinn's old position which resulted in a paltry 130pts. *I realize there is a bit of a defensive scheme change occurring, which could result in better production at the OLB positions, but I tend to avoid IDPs involved in changes to defensive scheme, especially unknown IDPs.

I want no part of either of those 2 ILBs, and the OLBs in LAR were worthless in FFBall last season. If Ebukam takes over a ILB position, then he certainly becomes more fantasy relevant.

I do appreciate your giving me the heads-up regarding an overall improved LB room in LAR B)

• Like 1

Rams appear content not signing Donald to an extension if it isn't a discount for them. The other signings this offseason speak to that line of thinking. Also might have something to do with being in LA and marketing. And it is easier to sell offensive players scoring points than defensive players. Or maybe it is because Donald is an interior defensive lineman. If he were an edge rusher or maybe one of the more noticeable positions like CB he would be more marketable? I could see Marcus Peters getting an extension before Donald as well. Market him like the next Deion. A personality that picks off passes and scores.

Donald probably sits out as many games as possible until he is required to report so he accrues a year and doesn't become a RFA. Maybe they eventually franchise him or trade him.