• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Robrain

Los Angeles Rams 2018 Outlook

The Rams-Saints-Eagles-Vikings-NYG-Bears have all improved offseason on paper. NFC is going to beat itself up this season

Rams > All.

6 hours ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

Image result for jeff fisher gif

So I assume his contract will be to cover 7-9 games? 😉

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Samson Ebukam... being praised all offseason by Wade Phillips. He was hand-picked by Wade in last years draft.

He's the reason why we didn't draft any LB's. They're really excited about him and confident in a couple of others...

The two spots worthy of drafting a LB on this 3-4 Rams DST are the two ILB. Barron is penciled in at one of the two spots, and word I'm getting is Littleton is taking over the other. Here's one example: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAR and according to this, Ebukam is slated for Quinn's old position which resulted in a paltry 130pts. *I realize there is a bit of a defensive scheme change occurring, which could result in better production at the OLB positions, but I tend to avoid IDPs involved in changes to defensive scheme, especially unknown IDPs.

I want no part of either of those 2 ILBs, and the OLBs in LAR were worthless in FFBall last season. If Ebukam takes over a ILB position, then he certainly becomes more fantasy relevant.

I do appreciate your giving me the heads-up regarding an overall improved LB room in LAR B)

• Like 1

Rams appear content not signing Donald to an extension if it isn't a discount for them. The other signings this offseason speak to that line of thinking. Also might have something to do with being in LA and marketing. And it is easier to sell offensive players scoring points than defensive players. Or maybe it is because Donald is an interior defensive lineman. If he were an edge rusher or maybe one of the more noticeable positions like CB he would be more marketable? I could see Marcus Peters getting an extension before Donald as well. Market him like the next Deion. A personality that picks off passes and scores.

Donald probably sits out as many games as possible until he is required to report so he accrues a year and doesn't become a RFA. Maybe they eventually franchise him or trade him.

Rams placed CB Aqib Talib (ankle) on injured reserve.

Talib had surgery earlier this week. There was hope Talib could return in four weeks, but he's now going to be sidelined a minimum of eight games. With Marcus Peters (calf) up in the air for Thursday night, the Rams are down to Sam Shields, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Troy Hill, and practice-squadder Dominique Hatfield.

How does this impact their rank until Talib comes back? ROS?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MJ10162 said:

Talib had surgery earlier this week. There was hope Talib could return in four weeks, but he's now going to be sidelined a minimum of eight games. With Marcus Peters (calf) up in the air for Thursday night, the Rams are down to Sam Shields, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Troy Hill, and practice-squadder Dominique Hatfield.

Still Top 5... They also have Peters, Shields, NRC, and a couple of others.

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MJ10162 said:

I think it makes them a lot more vulnerable through the air. Peters is a gambler in the mold of Asante Samuel. Talib was a lockdown CB that shut down #1 receivers. The Rams secondary shouldn't be a scary match up for any opposing wideouts for fantasy. Great news in fantasy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lol. Good luck to those wideouts getting quality looks with Shields, Peters, Suh, Brockers, Donald, Johnson, NRC, ECT.

One player didn't make Rams a lockdown defense. There's plenty of depth. Furthermore, Talib wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire for them on their 3-0 run.

Be careful thinking WR's will have an easy time. Might not be the case.

Edited by ponza88

I’d be more concerned with Cousins having enough time to throw with the state of Minny’s “O Line”....

2 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Lol. Good luck to those wideouts getting quality looks with Shields, Peters, Suh, Brockers, Donald, Johnson, NRC, ECT.

One player didn't make Rams a lockdown defense. There's plenty of depth. Furthermore, Talib wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire for them on their 3-0 run.

Homers are always amusing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ponza88 said:

I wouldn’t assume Peters is playing. Missing two of the best defenders in the secondary matters.

Which is fine, I’m hoping for a shootout. Points for everyone!

Mods deleted my comment about the Rams not even going full throttle yet... the day before the game they start to go full throttle. Good job mods. A gold star for you!

Anyway...I was right... Last night, against a good defense... you saw a glimpse.

465/5TD's... and it wasn't Aaron Rodgers in Greenbay.

Tied Kurt Warners record.

They're as advertised.

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 2

On 9/26/2018 at 7:26 PM, devaster said:

Homers are always amusing.

This, Rams secondary got shredded but he'll never admit it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, MJ10162 said:

This, Rams secondary got shredded but he'll never admit it. 

You assume a lot. It was a shootout and they couldn't hang with our 33point average. I was somewhat wrong about the defense... some adjustments need to be made... but they're not a defense you can throw on, still. I was right about everything else.

Vikings have elite receivers, RB, and a smart coach. It was obviously going to be a shootout. I think I said "Be careful thinking WR's will have an easy time. Might not be the case." ... Wide Receivers, meaning plural...meaning multiple teams... 'MIGHT NOT" ... meaning "Not for certain". There's only a few that can. Vikings WR's being one.

The Rams secondary shouldn't be a scary match up for any opposing wideouts

Still disagree :)

Edited by ponza88

Rams just picked up Fowler to help with the pass rush but the upcoming schedule is pretty rough - NO, Sea, KC, BYE

Talib would be eligible to come off IR the first week of December, week 13.

Are we holding? I'd hate to drop them and have another team pick them and ride this defense to the ship...