Robrain

Los Angeles Rams 2018 Season Outlook

8 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

They don't have any legit rushers right now.  Defensive front and secondary looks stacked Interior but they still need edge rushers.  

Gonna be a lot of opposing offenses playing the whole game from the shotgun...

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 2:44 PM, ponza88 said:

Who is LEGIT.

Really, we freed up A LOT of cap space. We have extra picks to go get Edge Rushers or LB's... It's not much of an issue. We're ultimately A LOT stronger on D this year, than last. That should be scary.

I'm expecting edge and lb to be targets in this draft.  Wouldn't be shocked to see you trade up for Landry who'd be a perfect fit. 

But with Suh and Donald if you blitz and send 5 creating one on one match ups across the board one of them is likely to get home. 

13 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Gonna be a lot of opposing offenses playing the whole game from the shotgun...

Maybe so...and a lot of action around the edges.   

Now you add a couple solid edge players and a wr who can present the threat of a deep ball.  

The rest of the division is playing for a wild card. 

• Like 1

RUH-ROOOOOOOOOH!!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Maybe so...and a lot of action around the edges.   

Now you add a couple solid edge players and a wr who can present the threat of a deep ball.  

The rest of the division is playing for a wild card. 

NFC s a tough conference to win, they will all beat each other up, so many teams that can legitimately make it to the SB.

If there's a guy who can make a pass rush happen with no obvious talent, Wade Phillips is it.  Especially if he's got lockdown talent at CB, a stud safety, and, perhaps you may have to excuse the hyperbole here, but IMO its true- the greatest DT pairing on the same team in my lifetime.      

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

If there's a guy who can make a pass rush happen with no obvious talent, Wade Phillips is it.  Especially if he's got lockdown talent at CB, a stud safety, and, perhaps you may have to excuse the hyperbole here, but IMO its true- the greatest DT pairing on the same team in my lifetime.      

Reggie White and Clyde Simmons. Unless you were born in the 90's.

15 hours ago, devaster said:

Reggie White and Clyde Simmons. Unless you were born in the 90's.

White and Simmons were DE's.   I was referring to interior linemen.  Those teams had Jerome Brown and I think Mike Golic playing DT.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BrianM said:

White and Simmons were DE's.   I was referring to interior linemen.  Those teams had Jerome Brown and I think Mike Golic playing DT.  

They were interior DE's in a 3-4 defense. Same way Donald plays a 3-4 DE in the current 3-4 defense. And Suh will play NT or DE. Bruce Smith was an interior defender in a 3-4 defense for a while as well. Those guys were so dominant it didn't matter that they played on the interior. Just like with Donald and Watt. Watt has also been an interior defender most of his career.

50 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

The Rams are going all-in by using a built-in advantage that once allowed the Seahawks to dominate

http://www.businessinsider.com/rams-offseason-signings-jared-goff-salary-2018-3

Most of the Seahawks success came from a few drafts and not making a splash in FA. They are definitely going all in while they don't have to extend Goff and Gurley, but no one has any clue if it will work.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, devaster said:

Most of the Seahawks success came from a few drafts and not making a splash in FA. They are definitely going all in while they don't have to extend Goff and Gurley, but no one has any clue if it will work.

Pretty stacked team 4th best QB in the division though IMO. I am a bit leery though considering everyone is anointing them so early Robert Woods, Gurley those are good dudes they have signed some immensely talented players Peters, Suh etc but have shown when adversity hits they tend to throw a tantrum and not grind it out. The splash signings don't always work out its not a forgone conclusion by an means that being said they look fantastic on paper and are coming off an impressive year.

Edited by NyCro
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, NyCro said:

Pretty stacked team 4th best QB in the division though IMO. I am a bit leery though considering everyone is anointing them so early Robert Woods, Gurley those are good dudes they have signed some immensely talented players Peters, Suh etc but have shown when adversity hits they tend to throw a tantrum and not grind it out. The splash signings don't always work out its not a forgone conclusion by an means that being said they look fantastic on paper and are coming off an impressive year.

Lost all credibility when you said "Goff is the 4th best QB in the division". 

BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYE

• Like 1

Just now, ponza88 said:

Lost all credibility when you said "Goff is the 4th best QB in the division". 

He's right. 

Wilson, JimmyG and Bradford are all better than Goff. That's why McVay tries to surround him with as many weapons as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, joshua18 said:

He's right. 

Wilson, JimmyG and Bradford are all better than Goff. That's why McVay tries to surround him with as many weapons as possible. 

No, he's really not, and saying "He's right" doesn't make it factual.

Bradford and Jimmy G are not. 

Jimmy hasn't earned it and Goff is as good as Bradford, RIGHT NOW and is still developing within his system.

Agreed to disagree. I'd rather have the up-in-comer.

20 hours ago, ponza88 said:

The Rams are going all-in by using a built-in advantage that once allowed the Seahawks to dominate

http://www.businessinsider.com/rams-offseason-signings-jared-goff-salary-2018-3

Their advantage was having late round/undrafted players play at Pro Bowl levels (Sherman, Baldwin, Wilson). The only elite player they have for cheap are Gurley and Donald, and Donald won't be cheap anymore.

Just now, joshua18 said:

Their advantage was having late round/undrafted players play at Pro Bowl levels (Sherman, Baldwin, Wilson). The only elite player they have for cheap are Gurley and Donald, and Donald won't be cheap anymore.

What does it matter? We're going to have the 2nd largest cap space next year and the MOST cap space the year after that. We're in good shape.

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

He's right. 

And the other teams would prefer to not surround their qb with weapons?   

The difference is LA isn’t paying their qb yet.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ponza88 said:

What does it matter? We're going to have the 2nd largest cap space next year and the MOST cap space the year after that. We're in good shape.

Not after you sign Donald. Foolish to make cap space proclaimations before signing the best player on your team.  

8 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Not after you sign Donald. Foolish to make cap space proclaimations before signing the best player on your team.  

Dude... We ALREADY have his money LOCKED UP. They're already working out a deal together. Donald also has been in the middle of all of these acquisitions. The coaching staff asks him if they're okay with signing other players to our team. He gives his approval because:

1) It helps us get better as a team
2) He knows his paycheck won't be affected by it

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Dude... We ALREADY have his money LOCKED UP. They're already working out a deal together. Donald also has been in the middle of all of these acquisitions. The coaching staff asks him if they're okay with signing other players to our team. He gives his approval because:

1) It helps us get better as a team
2) He knows his paycheck won't be affected by it

He wants to be the highest paid defensive player or one of the highest paid period in the league 20 million or so... I saw a tweet : conclusion they're trading him sorry man. 

Edited by NyCro

33 minutes ago, NyCro said:

He wants to be the highest paid defensive player or one of the highest paid period in the league 20 million or so... I saw a tweet : conclusion they're trading him sorry man. 

Weak attempt at trolling man.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2018 at 6:08 AM, devaster said:

They were interior DE's in a 3-4 defense. Same way Donald plays a 3-4 DE in the current 3-4 defense. And Suh will play NT or DE. Bruce Smith was an interior defender in a 3-4 defense for a while as well. Those guys were so dominant it didn't matter that they played on the interior. Just like with Donald and Watt. Watt has also been an interior defender most of his career.

I remember white as a 4-3 DE.