• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
octapuss

Garrett Richards 2018 Outlook

This guy wont go away.....at least in all of the expert rankings.  I'm seeing him in the SP 30 - 40 range?

Really, for a dude that had alternative treatment to TJ and then hurt himself again last year.

What am i missing here?  The so called experts are all over him to be dominate once again.

He's awesome when right, but you are very likely to be getting a headache.

That really has to be baked into cost. Be a minor miracle if you get 100+ IP imo-

Richards has some of the best stuff in baseball, let's just hope he gives us 170+ innings. Angels could be going with a six-month rotation, which certainly isn't good for fantasy purposes. 

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Richards has some of the best stuff in baseball, let's just hope he gives us 170+ innings. Angels could be going with a six-month rotation, which certainly isn't good for fantasy purposes. 

That really sucks for fantasy...one start per season. Better make it count. :P

On a serious note...I am intrigued to see what Richards does this year. Imo, he's a risk if you take him anywhere other than the last third of a draft (depending on league, of course). But if he gives even 150 innings, he'll likely be a huge bargain for owners. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Same 'of same 'old nothing to see here

good start, ok start bad start, great start, DL......rinse.......repeat 

37 minutes ago, rotodr said:

Same 'of same 'old nothing to see here

good start, ok start bad start, great start, DL......rinse.......repeat 

SPRING STATS!

• Like 1

If you own him, don’t watch him pitch.  Electric arm but will be 3-0 so many times it will make your head spin.  Somehow finds a way to go to 6+ pitch counts all the time.  If he could ever get economical, and learn some command you could see a big breakout.  The stuff is legit.

If I get 20 starts out of him, it'd be like winning the lottery.

He's still bringing the same desert heat as before.  Lends credence to his medical treatment plan to repair his UCL via plasma and stem cell injections in lieu of TJS.

• Like 1

He's likely their owning day starter, right?

On 3/15/2018 at 11:35 AM, STLSU said:

He's still bringing the same desert heat as before.  Lends credence to his medical treatment plan to repair his UCL via plasma and stem cell injections in lieu of TJS.

Most certainly lends no credence, not yet anyway.

I really hope the best here, but I've seen the studies, that elbow will eventually go pop.

Angels appear to be going with a six-man rotation according to reports. With more scheduled off days built into the schedule have been staying away from Angel pitchers.

1 hour ago, Low and Away said:

Angels appear to be going with a six-man rotation according to reports. With more scheduled off days built into the schedule have been staying away from Angel pitchers.

Maybe just for April and into May? Idk...rumors of Ohtani being sent down, coupled with Heaney already having elbow pain...plus the general volatility of pitching and the history of it in their 6 SPs lead me to believe it may not last long? 

• Like 1

Looks like the wheels came off in the 5th, gave up two homers and 4 runs. Oh well, just stay healthy buddy.

Cruising then did himself with b2b BBs and b2b HRs. Looked like a win turned into an ND. Not a good start.

1 hour ago, KrunK said:

Looks like the wheels came off in the 5th, gave up two homers and 4 runs. Oh well, just stay healthy buddy.

Anyone have eyes on this start?  Did it look like fatigue?

Personally I will, his stuff is so good when he's on that it does not matter much who's he facing.

12 minutes ago, Mickey Donovan said:

This guy is trash. Great stuff, no command 

Wouldn't say he's trash. Almost won the Cy Young a few years back and his stuff is electric. If he could ever find his command he'd be an ace, no doubt. The thing with him is health. He's gotta stay healthy, and if he does, he'll probably get better over the course of the year. He hasn't pitched a full season in 2 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Wouldn't say he's trash. Almost won the Cy Young a few years back and his stuff is electric. If he could ever find his command he'd be an ace, no doubt. The thing with him is health. He's gotta stay healthy, and if he does, he'll probably get better over the course of the year. He hasn't pitched a full season in 2 years.

I said this in the GAMEDAY Thread. I think he is who he is at this point. Not sure there's gonna be a breakthrough. Has no control of his stuff. The stuff is exceptional. But zero command. Elevates his PC quickly by constantly going 3-2. You think with his FB he would challenge hitters when he gets ahead but he seldom does. Instead he nibbles with his breaking pitches.

Great stuff+Zero command=great k rate but at the expense of everything else.

15 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

I said this in the GAMEDAY Thread. I think he is who he is at this point. Not sure there's gonna be a breakthrough. Has no control of his stuff. The stuff is exceptional. But zero command. Elevates his PC quickly by constantly going 3-2. You think with his FB he would challenge hitters when he gets ahead but he seldom does. Instead he nibbles with his breaking pitches.

Great stuff+Zero command=great k rate but at the expense of everything else.

You're right. He needs to be more efficient for sure. When he's on he's very hard to hit but gives up way too many free passes. Just hoping he can cut those down some and stay healthy.