octapuss

Garrett Richards 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Not sure what they're babying. He threw what, 55 pitches last time out? 

 

Sound the alarm. 

 

you must not be familiar with Garrett ... he breaks quite often

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jb_power said:

 

you must not be familiar with Garrett ... he breaks quite often

 

 

I'd argue that my comment suggests the complete opposite of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Anyone starting tonight? I'm feeling lucky after benching Pivetta.

 

I am but only because my opponent's pitchers have been getting wrecked. I don't feel good about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

Anyone starting tonight? I'm feeling lucky after benching Pivetta.

It was a great start by Richards tonight. He was in control the whole way. Kept the walks down, strikeouts up, and went pretty deep into the game. When he's on, he's like an ace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2018 at 8:09 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah the whole damn rotation is under constant injury watch...

Which stinks because this is quite a good team, esp defensively.

 

I said this somewhere else (I think the Ohtani thread) but this team should absolutely go to a designated pitching day rotation in which each sp pitches once a week. 

 

Ohtani did that in Japan.

Heaney Tropeano Richards and Skaggs have all had major injuries. 

 

Have Ohtani pitch Sunday.  With off days usually Monday and Thursday he'd only not be able to dh on Saturdays.

Richards Friday.

Skaggs Saturday

Heaney Wednesday 

Tropeano Tuesday

 

When they need a starter on Thursdays use Barria.  Mondays- Not sure atm.

 

The result should be the SPs with better stuff when they are on the mound,  able to go a little deeper in games, and hopefully keep them healthy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another good start. His BB% is obviously through the roof, but he has filthy stuff and should only get better as the season progresses. I think he's a 3.50 ERA guy ROS.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 96mnc said:

 

I said this somewhere else (I think the Ohtani thread) but this team should absolutely go to a designated pitching day rotation in which each sp pitches once a week. 

 

Ohtani did that in Japan.

Heaney Tropeano Richards and Skaggs have all had major injuries. 

 

Have Ohtani pitch Sunday.  With off days usually Monday and Thursday he'd only not be able to dh on Saturdays.

Richards Friday.

Skaggs Saturday

Heaney Wednesday 

Tropeano Tuesday

 

When they need a starter on Thursdays use Barria.  Mondays- Not sure atm.

 

The result should be the SPs with better stuff when they are on the mound,  able to go a little deeper in games, and hopefully keep them healthy.

Really like this line of thinking--mostly in relation to these pitchers/situation.

Now DB Headers and rain-outs would pose quite the conundrum throughout the season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Another good start. His BB% is obviously through the roof, but he has filthy stuff and should only get better as the season progresses. I think he's a 3.50 ERA guy ROS.

Agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite jekyl and hyde. Glad i started him. Hopefully jekyl shows up more often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on his match up against the Twins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Picard56 said:

Any thoughts on his match up against the Twins?

Yes, I have thoughts.

 

Twins are heavily left handed, but they do strikeout a bunch. Id guess a decent amount of Ks, but he gets hit around a little.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Garrett "5 innings" Richards strikes again.

He was cruising then something happened. Didn't see the game, but looks like he gave up some hits and things came apart. He gets you so close to a quality start, stinks when he only makes it 5 1/3. 

Edited by RedRaider27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so frustrating owning this guy... was smooth sailing..he strikes out Buxton easily to start the 5th and than the wheels came off walk, single and homer.. this happens too much. can he be a potential low end SP2/SP3?  im losing faith with his control issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he in line for 2 starts this week or are the Angels officially using a 6 man rotation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, herschel said:

Is he in line for 2 starts this week or are the Angels officially using a 6 man rotation?

He's probably a two starter next week since Angels have a off day today. Ohtani is locked into Sundays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news! He's getting another start this week.

 

Bad news! It's in Yankees stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Good news! He's getting another start this week.

 

Bad news! It's in Yankees stadium.

 

Yeaahhhhh pass. I like Garrett and I don't usually sit guys but that's too much. They wrecked him last time away and that lineup/stadium punish "control issues". They do K a lot though, so there's that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has been alternating good and bad starts and he's due for a good one...

 

Yeah I am grasping at straws. Everything says bench, but in baseball that probably means he goes 7 gives run a run on five hits and Ks 8.

 

Still gotta play the odds and sit though.

 

Knowing my costanza superpowers, y'all may wanna start...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The birthday boy didn't have any control whatsoever today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZChronicNebula said:

The birthday boy didn't have any control whatsoever today. 

He never does...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. He’s been very good... just not against NY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now