octapuss

Garrett Richards 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, JohnR said:

Didn't he have a damaged UCL last year (or the year prior) as well or am I thinking of someone else?  He elected to undergo stem cell treatment rather than Tommy John...

No I believe you are correct, that is what I came to post. He has ALWAYS had damage, and this PRP crap is just a bandage on a bullet wound.

Really gonna cost him some cash now, shame for the player.

• Like 1

yea, i dont know what hes even contemplating right now...go under the damn knife and come back healthy and strong in 2020

2 hours ago, 6Kill said:

I love your name (giant fan here) now change it to whyamiagarrettrichardsowner

good idea!..  in Sam Darnold we trust haha ..   but yeah major disappointment with garret this year

4 hours ago, Mitchell_McDi said:

What do you do with him in dynasty? Is there anything to do other than just DL stash him for next two years?

Two year stash is a long time especially for someone with the injury history he has.  I am contemplating same thing, but leaning toward using the roster spot or stashing until I need the DL spot.  We use an escalating salary scale and that with two year recovery possibly, that seems like diminishing returns. He is already 30 also, so that comes into play.

Why haven't the Angels put him on the DL yet? 

9 minutes ago, octapuss said:

Will the Angels DL him today? 

He’s done for maybe two years. I think you’re safe to drop.

Just punt and grab a replacement asap. Why bother with the DL. 

5 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Just punt and grab a replacement asap. Why bother with the DL. 

Some people play in keeper/dynasty formats.

16 hours ago, Mitchell_McDi said:

What do you do with him in dynasty? Is there anything to do other than just DL stash him for next two years?

Impossible to say without going BC content, but a few things to note.  He'll be close to 32 years old by the time he's pitching again and may not be ready for 180 innings his first year back.  He probably won't be with the Angels anymore.  That could be good or could be bad..... 

16 hours ago, JohnR said:

Didn't he have a damaged UCL last year (or the year prior) as well or am I thinking of someone else?  He elected to undergo stem cell treatment rather than Tommy John...

2016.  Then a bicep issue last year a missed most of the season.  He likely should have had TJ surgery in 2016.  By delaying, he's jettisoned the prime of his career when he likely would have at least had a sound UCL by now.  If any of your own Ohtani, you should take note and do your research.  Angels have had the most UCL injuries the last 5 years and also seem to opt for non-surgical recovery the most.  

• Like 1

No reason to stash him IMO.  He not only has a variety of inuries over the years but the UCL is repeatedly being torn.  Too bad the waivers are pretty barren in most leagues at this point of the season.  

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/07/garrett-richards-angels-ucl-damage-tommy-john-surgery.html

Beyond [Richards' issues] the Angels will continue to face scrutiny for the rampant injury troubles that have permeated their rotation in recent seasons. In the last three years alone, the Angels have had Andrew Heaney, Tyler Skaggs, Nick Tropeano, J.C. Ramirez, Keynan Middleton, Blake Wood and John Lamb undergo Tommy John surgery, while others such as Alex Meyer, Nate Smith and Matt Shoemaker have gone under the knife for various other reasons.

Interesting stuff.  Any former Mets personnel in Southern Cali? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Morat said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/07/garrett-richards-angels-ucl-damage-tommy-john-surgery.html

Beyond [Richards' issues] the Angels will continue to face scrutiny for the rampant injury troubles that have permeated their rotation in recent seasons. In the last three years alone, the Angels have had Andrew Heaney, Tyler Skaggs, Nick Tropeano, J.C. Ramirez, Keynan Middleton, Blake Wood and John Lamb undergo Tommy John surgery, while others such as Alex Meyer, Nate Smith and Matt Shoemaker have gone under the knife for various other reasons.

Interesting stuff.  Any former Mets personnel in Southern Cali? 

Curse of the Sciosciapath

3 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

Some people play in keeper/dynasty formats.

Does this mean you’d be willing to trade for him? 😉

5 hours ago, Magoo said:

Does this mean you’d be willing to trade for him? 😉

Im stashing on the long term IR. 

Deep dynasty leagues have interesting rules.....long term view.

But this dude really could be bust....good lord he gets hurt.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24080832/los-angeles-angels-garrett-richards-tommy-john-surgery

The right-hander had been limited to six starts each of the past two seasons. He missed most of 2016 due to a UCL injury and suffered from biceps nerve irritation last year.

In 2016, he opted not to have surgery for the UCL issue, opting instead for stem-cell and platelet-rich plasma treatment.

13 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Impossible to say without going BC content, but a few things to note.  He'll be close to 32 years old by the time he's pitching again and may not be ready for 180 innings his first year back.  He probably won't be with the Angels anymore.  That could be good or could be bad..... 

2016.  Then a bicep issue last year a missed most of the season.  He likely should have had TJ surgery in 2016.  By delaying, he's jettisoned the prime of his career when he likely would have at least had a sound UCL by now.  If any of your own Ohtani, you should take note and do your research.  Angels have had the most UCL injuries the last 5 years and also seem to opt for non-surgical recovery the most.  

They've got to have Ohtani get the surgery.  Or they are just stupid.

I dumped this guy yesterday even in my keep forever dynasty league. 

I feel for the guy as a person but fantasy wise I'm not wasting my time with a guy this injury prone. This is TJS #2. What is he going to be in 2020 when he does comeback?  Probably a #4 or #5 back end starter. I'm sure I can find plenty of those before then. No Thanks