thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

On 9/17/2018 at 3:55 PM, timexsocialclub said:

Funniest movie...I freaking love it!

I really right now can't think of any team I wouldn't like the matchup with...I think I'd actually start him against Minny's D against most other options.  What a find for Andy Reid and the Chiefs...a franchise QB for the next 10 years.

But, but the regression!! Gotta luv all the experts spewing this all over. Wait until his legs start producing too, just a flat out stud and for such a great price!

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

But, but the regression!! Gotta luv all the experts spewing this all over. Wait until his legs start producing too, just a flat out stud and for such a great price!

I really hope he learns to run better. It is cringey and panic inducing watching him slide and slam his back into tackles. 

• Like 1

Love the way he plays. Have him in 2 leagues. 1 league I also have Brady. No one is yet to be willing to trade something of significant value for a qb. 

I guess the point of this post is that I’m confident enough in him to trade Brady if I can get a decent return. Really at this time, I’ll trade whoever I can get a better return. 

Im also not going to give someone an elite qb for an inconsistent wr2 or borderline starter. My team is good enough I can be patient. 

Until then tough decision on who to start. Espn rankers have them 1 and 2 for the week. . . 

18 minutes ago, nyg350 said:

Love the way he plays. Have him in 2 leagues. 1 league I also have Brady. No one is yet to be willing to trade something of significant value for a qb. 

I guess the point of this post is that I’m confident enough in him to trade Brady if I can get a decent return. Really at this time, I’ll trade whoever I can get a better return. 

Im also not going to give someone an elite qb for an inconsistent wr2 or borderline starter. My team is good enough I can be patient. 

Until then tough decision on who to start. Espn rankers have them 1 and 2 for the week. . . 

Im in the same position with Wentz. But so many good qbs the trade market is dead. Think the move is to wait for a better qb to go down with an injury and then try to make a move

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

Im in the same position with Wentz. But so many good qbs the trade market is dead. Think the move is to wait for a better qb to go down with an injury and then try to make a move

It's tough. I drafted Mahomes in the 11th in a keeper league, so I can keep him as a 10th rd keeper next year. I'm buying in enough that I traded Cam for a 2019 draft pick in a league that does not value QBs. But in one-QB redrafts or keeper leagues that don't allow the trading of future draft picks, it has to be nearly impossible to make a trade in order to free up a roster spot. But if you drop that QB, there will be a line waiting to pick him up. LOL. 

I say all that because I'm on the bandwagon that believes this kid has star power, and if his owners can get anything for the QB they selected ahead of him in the draft...I'd do it. But do it understanding that there will be growing pains this year (and probably next year if you have him in a keeper). 

This kid is electric. He has a howitzer attached to his shoulder...he has show great accuracy...he's a superb athlete...seems to be very intelligent...he's confident. We just need to see him run into some difficulty to know how he would handle adversity. But so far, he's checking off all the boxes. 

Just now, Flyman75 said:

This kid is electric. He has a howitzer attached to his shoulder...he has show great accuracy...he's a superb athlete...seems to be very intelligent...he's confident. We just need to see him run into some difficulty to know how he would handle adversity. But so far, he's checking off all the boxes. 

What I loved was that the Steelers came from 21 down to tie the game, and lots of "rookie" QB's wilt at that point on the road.  Mahomes came out in the second half and immediately put up two more TD's.  Totally unfazed. 

2 hours ago, Pooskay said:

he is this year's Wentz, no doubt about it.

At this rate that's an insult to Mahomes

• Like 5

There's going to be a serious meltdown in this thread when Mahomes has a 180yd, 1 TD, 3 INT game, lol. 

And I say that as someone who starts Patrick. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

There's going to be a serious meltdown in this thread when Mahomes has a 180yd, 1 TD, 3 INT game, lol. 

Not unlike fantasy football players to overreact. It is pretty much expected. 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Disagree. People keep saying he will have some bumps along the way. No one is expecting a perfect season without some challenges. Brady struggled the other day; it will happen to Mahomes, too. I think everyone in here, however, seems pretty realistic in their assessment of him as an excellent talent who may be surpassing even the highest expectations but that there may be some hiccups.

7 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Disagree. People keep saying he will have some bumps along the way. No one is expecting a perfect season without some challenges. Brady struggled the other day; it will happen to Mahomes, too. I think everyone in here, however, seems pretty realistic in their assessment of him as an excellent talent who may be surpassing even the highest expectations but that there may be some hiccups.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I haven't read a single analysis of this kid that hasn't referenced that his "gunslinger mentality" will lead to turnovers at some point. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

From what I've read in here, we'll have to agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

From what I've read in here, we'll have to agree to disagree. 

Well on a board as heavily trafficked as this one there will 100% be (a small minority of) people who didn't even know who Patrick Mahomes was when they drafted, saw him have two amazing weeks, heard all the buzz, and decided to OVERPAY to get him thinking it would salvage their 0-2 start. 

THOSE people will be pissed when he inevitably has a down game, because they will have missed the amazing start and then gutted their team to acquire him (instead of taking him in the 10th or 11th round like many of us did).