thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

League Winner!!!!

13 TDS in three games is awesome but I think it’s just as impressive he has zero pics in games two three and four of his career.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goblue356 said:

13 TDS in three games is awesome but I think it’s just as impressive he has zero pics in games two three and four of his career.  

His receivers have been beating DBs left and right, resulting in chunk gains and low risks... plus he has a game changing tight end. Not trying to diminish his talent but this whole offense is set up for success. He’s going to have a great year.

Why didn't anyone see this coming in the preseason/training camp?

Just now, pbjfb said:

some people were hyping him up to be a QB1....although not THE QB1

2 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

It is preseason so you temper anything you see. 

Some people read through the lines and did draft him late, myself included, but I don’t think anyone anywhere anticipated a start like this. 

Edited by oliminator123

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

It is preseason so you temper anything you see. 

Some people read through the lines and did draft him late, myself included, but I don’t think anyone anywhere anticipated a start like this. 

I think I liked his potential more last year and the preseason this year made me back off because he was a little erratic, I had him ranked below garropolo. I mean we knew he had the arm but we didn't forsee this offensive scheme.

Congrats to everyone who took a shot on mahomes. He'll be winning many championship games for owners this year. 

And to think the first two TDs of the game were short handoffs to Hunt. Could have been even better with a shovel pass.

On 9/23/2018 at 8:09 PM, pbjfb said:

In fairness to the "experts" that we crack on so often, some of the ones I listen to on podcasts, especially Evan Silva and Sigmund Bloom were very high on him, and were consistently pointing out: his arm strength, his running ability if needed, his glut of weapons, his coach's qb development expertise, as well as the situation(crap defense), all of which they said would feed his ceiling.

The only criticism I heard was "a lot of picks" in camp, to which these analysts quickly said, "That is Andy Reid getting him to test boundaries and realize what he can't do."

Then there was the big "we haven't seen him do it" kept his value down.

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1044756576941174784

Not for nothing, but this pass was thrown on the move against great pressure at 61.2 MPH. 

I can't find anything newer than 2014, but the record for speed thrown at the combine in 2014 was set by Logan Thomas at 60mph. 

Fantasy football aside, who the hell else can do this? Throwing an accurate pass, in-game, that breaks a record set in a situation where the goal is to throw it as fast as possible without defenders trying to bring him down.

Edited by omnom1337
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't trade Mahomes for anything. I didn't draft the gas early to give it away. 

I'm 3-0 and burning down all the villages this season. 

MaHomes is gas!! :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1044756576941174784

Not for nothing, but this pass was thrown on the move against great pressure at 61.2 MPH. 

I can't find anything newer than 2014, but the record for speed thrown at the combine in 2014 was set by Logan Thomas at 60mph. 

Fantasy football aside, who the hell else can do this? Throwing an accurate pass, in-game, that breaks a record set in a situation where the goal is to throw it as fast as possible without defenders trying to bring him down.

Watched every game he played in college, he made plays like this almost every week. Sometimes multiple times a game. The question always was could he do it in the NFL? It looks like yes, yes he can. If you haven't already, look up the highlights of his game against OU in 2016, when he set the all time record for yardage in a game. 

23 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I wouldn't trade Mahomes for anything. I didn't draft the gas early to give it away. 

By far best draft move. Straight gas. 

Looking at your format and number of teams, I'm guessing your going to tear that down this year. 

Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

By far best draft move. Straight gas. 

Looking at your format and number of teams, I'm guessing your going to tear that down this year. 

I hope so. My sister won it all last year and went 16-0 doing so. 

I drafted well last year and collected picks while contending. 

I saw Mahomes throw it 70 yards on the dead run online one day and I was hooked. Andy Reid is the QB whisperer, it's uncanny. He even made Alex Smith look decent. 

Regression has to spike at some point, but one of the more entertaining things in FF is riding the trains that burn everything down in its path. 

Good luck to you. :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I hope so. My sister won it all last year and went 16-0 doing so. 

I drafted well last year and collected picks while contending. 

I saw Mahomes throw it 70 yards on the dead run online one day and I was hooked. Andy Reid is the QB whisperer, it's uncanny. He even made Alex Smith look decent. 

Regression has to spike at some point, but one of the more entertaining things in FF is riding the trains that burn everything down in its path. 

Good luck to you. :D

Hello sports fans.... the war machine has left the station hell bent on... Redemption. :)

• Like 1

scheduling anomaly ... doesn't see the Raiders 'til week 13 ... and (most of us) miss the second one (week 17).   but plays Denver twice in the next five weeks. 

third road game coming up (@Donks), then home for Jags, @Pats, home for Bangles and Donks, then @Brownies, home for Cards, followed by @Rams ... then the bye. 

buckle up fellas, this is gonna be one hell of a ride 'til week 12  B)

On 9/22/2018 at 3:29 AM, fruitjacket said:

Anybody else thinking "trade him now" while his value is ridiculous?

If you can grab a top flight RB like Kamara, Gordon, etc. and have a Goff or someone on your bench it might be a smart move.  Not sure who blinks and offers or takes that trade but it’s at least worth considering 

On 9/25/2018 at 7:59 PM, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I drafted him as my only QB in a limited keeper league and I wouldn't trade him either.

Ride the wave.

I know they say it's not wise to use a keeper selection on QB since the position is deep, but I think Mahomes is a top 3 talent that if you can get for your draft cost (which was likely quite low), that's value no matter how you look at it.

Now if I had only hit on my earlier selections as well, I might be riding him to a championship.  This game is never easy.

On 9/22/2018 at 2:29 AM, fruitjacket said:

Anybody else thinking "trade him now" while his value is ridiculous?

Naw. I'm riding this out and seeing where it goes. 

On 9/22/2018 at 5:59 PM, TTRA1N said:

#8 Patrick Mahomes

won’t be a top 5 fantasy QB this week
The fact that this is even considered bold is still absurd to me. Yes, it is possible that Mahomes is suddenly the greatest quarterback the world has ever seen, or more likely, this is Trevor Siemian

all over again. Oh you remember, don’t you? This time last year, Siemian was the #1 fantasy quarterback before disappearing to the backup job in Minnesota. Now granted, Mahomes is more talented so he isn’t going to lose his job, but even in a matchup against the 49ers, I can’t predict a guy with 55 pass attempts on the year and who was drafted as a QB 2 finishing top 5, let alone QB1 overall each and every week.
Final Prediction: 304 yards, 1 TDs, 1 INT, 6 rushes, 36 rushing yards

Fantasy pros 1 of the worst bold predictions I've seen . He must of missed out. Lmfao !

Mahomes had a nice week but technically, this writer was correct. In my league, Mahomes finished 9th. He was way off on the TD/INT and rush yards, but he came close on the pass yards. 

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Naw. I'm riding this out and seeing where it goes. 

Mahomes had a nice week but technically, this writer was correct. In my league, Mahomes finished 9th. He was way off on the TD/INT and rush yards, but he came close on the pass yards. 

He shouldn't even of mentioned Siemian lol

31 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

He shouldn't even of mentioned Siemian lol

No you're right about that. LOL. 

On 3/13/2018 at 3:18 PM, Mr2Saint said:

All in on Mahommes this year!

After seeing dual-threat Watson succeed last year in HOU, I don't see why Mahommes can't produce at a similar rate with better weapons at his disposal. His dynasty potential and outlook is stronger than almost any QB.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:49 PM, Mr2Saint said:

Go watch more tape. Mahommes is a star.

On 3/28/2018 at 8:10 PM, Mr2Saint said:

Terrific mix of talent, age, opportunity and supporting cast. Perfect recipe for success. Enjoy the ride gentlemen. 

I'll shamelessly plug myself from 6 months ago.

The #1 Dynasty QB in Fantasy Football. Keep enjoying the ride, ladies and gentlemen!

• Like 2