thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Neither Trubisky nor Mahomes benefitted from the new rule, so I fail to see your point. 

Bucs awful defense barely came close to touching Trubisky, and Mahomes movement behind the LOS last night was absurd, but he was still hit multiple times. 

I think all QB's are benefitting from the "spear with helmet" rule this year. Granted that rule should have been in place a long time ago. But it makes it a lot safer and easier to catch balls over the middle when LB's and safeties aren't taking heads off using their helmets and body as a missile. That is one of the biggest changes I've seen.

• Like 1

Golden Tate is already Showtime.  Please cease and desist, thank you.

• Haha 1

Why does he have a nickname after a grand total of five career starts? I think he’s going to have a great career the talent is obvious but come on. I’m only 34 but I feel like an old man.

On 9/30/2018 at 4:44 AM, TTRA1N said:

#5 Patrick Mahomes

will finish outside the top 5 QBs this week
Did you know Mahomes is only 9th in the NFL in passing yards after three weeks? He is just 1 yard ahead of Matthew Stafford

and Joe Flacco

too. If you pro-rate his numbers to a full season, he is on pace for fewer than 500 passes. The only reason for his success thus far is an entirely unsustainable 14.0% touchdown rate. More likely, he is a low-end QB1 for the rest of the season, especially against a defense like the Broncos this week.
Final Prediction: 252 pass yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 15 rush yards

This dude from fantasypros is at it again lol.

Well, fantasypros guy was right.

But it's really not a bold prediction for someone to finish outside the top 5, especially at QB. Even if Mahomes finishes in the 6-10 range all season he can still finish as a top 5 QB, since he'll be consistent where others who finish higher in a given week will put up some stinkers too. (e.g. Trubisky, Carr, Mariota, Bortles)

QBs have low trade value since any QB can put up 30+ points in a week, but streamer options don't put up 20+ every week like Mahomes probably will.

TLDR Mahomes is a top QB ros, even if he isn't a top 5 QB in a given week

• Like 2

Fantasy 2018 MVP, kid is a beast!

• Like 1

Even against the tough Jax D this week, he will be a beast. His floor is amazing.

I think he will be the first and only QB this season to explore that Jax D and blow them up for 300 yards and 2+ TDs. Let's do this!

• Like 1

Kid is a 1x In a generation type talent. Kid is special. 

56 minutes ago, mjb said:

Fantasy 2018 MVP, kid is a beast!

*2018 NFL MVP

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ginocan said:

Even against the tough Jax D this week, he will be a beast. His floor is amazing.

I think he will be the first and only QB this season to explore that Jax D and blow them up for 300 yards and 2+ TDs. Let's do this!

I think he has a shot to put up 20+ points against jacksonville. They're going to be the best offense they've faced so far. NYG, NE, TEN, NYJ

18 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I think he has a shot to put up 20+ points against jacksonville. They're going to be the best offense they've faced so far. NYG, NE, TEN, NYJ

After JAX is.. NE!

Then Rams I think week 10

Rather his nickname be Mahomey. Reminds me of the Key and Peele lil'homie sketch. lol

59 minutes ago, devaster said:

Rather his nickname be Mahomey. Reminds me of the Key and Peele lil'homie sketch. lol

You’re not talking to me. You’re talking to, lil homie. 

This dude getting kept so hard in the latter rounds n he ain’t even know it

Really don't want to bench him but I'm unsure whether I start him against the Jags or roll out Stafford against GB,

• Like 2

Mahomes is an every week starter.  I don't care if he's playing the 85 Bears.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, footy1 said:

Really don't want to bench him but I'm unsure whether I start him against the Jags or roll out Stafford against GB,

Same situation. Going with Stafford. Denver was the first decent defense he faced and they slowed him.  Jacksonville is a different animal. Green Bay's defense isn't great and nicked up plus the game is at home

7 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

Who is the last QB to shred the Jags defense? 

Rothlisberger went for 470 and 5TDs vs them in the playoffs last year. 

I think unless you have another top-10 fantasy QB you start Mahomes against the Jags. He also has the ability to run the ball and score rushing TD's. I have Rivers in a good matchup, so it is an easy decision for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Goblue356 said:

Rothlisberger went for 470 and 5TDs vs them in the playoffs last year. 

Big Ben was obviously slinging the rock that game lol 

With the pressure the Jags will put on Mahomes, I wonder if this ends up more of a Hunt game and less of a Mahomes shootout. 

Not going to complain of course if Mahomes delivers me 24 points like he did against Denver. I'd take anything over the 8 points Brees gave me last week lol 

I have Rodgers and I'm starting Mahomes. The Jags are good but they haven't faced an offense like this yet.

So far they've faced:

Week 1 - NYG (Eli, playing garbage this year)

Week 2 - NE (Brady, early season Brady isn't that scary)

Week 3 - TEN (Mariota, who I'm pretty sure was playing hurt)

Week 4 - NYJ (Darnold, inexperienced with not many weapons)

• Like 3

Just a reminder. He is really really special... against Oklahoma with Baker n Mixon

He would’ve had like 70 fantasy points if fantasy points were counted

• Like 1

Holy crap. Thanks for the video. I totally missed that game. That was Reggie Bush-level legendary game.

Just looked at weather for game on Sunday and it is a 90% chance of thunderstorm at kickoff. I’m wondering with this and facing the toughest defense in the league, is anyone thinking about sitting Mahomes?