thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:34 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

You’ll never forgive yourself if you bench him and he does his typical 300 & 3+ TDs, and it costs you a win.  I have a bye, but I would start him if I didn’t (Jameis is my backup).

I haven’t really looked into the matchups next week yet, but I mean who would you even consider starting over him? It doesn’t matter who he’s playing, that list is always gonna be short (like Brees-playing-Atlanta-type-short).

Agreed, would never forgive myself. How could I sit the player with quite possibly the best fantasy season in history?

However, I have Rivers as my back up vs CIN. I'm REALLY having a hard time with this one. There's been a couple games Rivers has outscored Mahomes and this could be one of them. BAL is no joke vs QB's

I've sat Mahomes 2 times this year for Rivers and I was right on both of them (week 1 and week 5), but now the stakes are higher than ever and I'd be pissed if I lost because I got cute.

gahhhhh

2 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Agreed, would never forgive myself. How could I sit the player with quite possibly the best fantasy season in history?

However, I have Rivers as my back up vs CIN. I'm REALLY having a hard time with this one. There's been a couple games Rivers has outscored Mahomes and this could be one of them. BAL is no joke vs QB's

I've sat Mahomes 2 times this year for Rivers and I was right on both of them (week 1 and week 5), but now the stakes are higher than ever and I'd be pissed if I lost because I got cute.

gahhhhh

I know this is a feed on Mahomes and not an advice feed. However, gotta start Rivers. I don't think that Baltimore will push KC on the score even though this will be Jackson's best passing game to date. River's floor is a little less in this game and his ceiling is comparable. Could Mahomes outscore Rivers? Sure! I don't think it will be by more than a few points.

That being said. I'm rolling with Mahomes. I love the possibilities now that Hunt is gone. The backs on the roster are better receivers than runners (even though hunt was a better receiver than any of them). I don't think we are going to see a huge commitment to the run which will open up the passing game, especially the vertical game to Hill and to Robinson. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

gahhhhh

I think Rivers has a higher floor this week, Mahomes has a higher ceiling.  

I don’t expect a massive game from Rivers because I don’t think he’ll need it.  The Chargers defense is better than the Chiefs, and I don’t really think the Bengals will keep up... look at their point totals since they lost AJ Green.  That being said, I think Rivers is pretty safe for at least 200 and 2, especially if Gordon doesn’t play.

Meanwhile, there is the chance that Mahomes just goes off like he usually does.  There is also a chance that the Ravens do something similar to what they did to Matt Ryan (although I really don’t think it will happen).  

What do I think will happen?  I could see Mahomes going for something like 250-300 yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs with 25 yards rushing.

• Like 2

Big bad Baltimore on deck, but on deck at Arrowhead Stadium where it's loud and absolute bedlam for opposing teams. 

The match-up isn't great but Patty Mahomes is!! 

#RideOrDieIn2018 

MVP ... MVP ... MVP !!! ! 

Deliver us brothers and sisters to round 2 ! :ph34r:

• Like 2

Well, I found myself rooting against the Chiefs as I was hoping they'd lose. Because if they beat the Chargers on Thursday, that'll clinch the division and a 1st round bye, correct? If that happens, the Chiefs would probably rest Mahomes or no? Because if that happens I'd be screwed for week 16 if I make it to the championship.

What's the most likely scenario?

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

Well, I found myself rooting against the Chiefs as I was hoping they'd lose. Because if they beat the Chargers on Thursday, that'll clinch the division and a 1st round bye, correct? If that happens, the Chiefs would probably rest Mahomes or no? Because if that happens I'd be screwed for week 16 if I make it to the championship.

Idk what happens, but teams simply do not rest guys in wk16 unless there are injury concerns. He's chasing a little history too. I would not sweat it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

The chiefs are still going to be fighting for the #1 seed, I think week 16 is safe.

• Like 1

I see....ok then! I wasn't clear how NFL teams handle these situations but this is good to hear.

Too bad his playoff schedule wasn't very good. Although a matchup vs the Chiefs is looking juicy. Hopefully Tyreek Hill is ok.

Edited by RoseLin23

13 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

The chiefs are still going to be fighting for the #1 seed, I think week 16 is safe.

They wrap it up next week if they beat the Chargers and the Pats lose to the Steelers.

24 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I believe the first divisional tiebreaker is head to head so they would clinch the division if they beat the Chargers since they'd be 2 games ahead with 2 games left. I think if they beat Chargers the Texans couldn't catch them since although they are "only" 2 games back their conference record is 7-3 and Chiefs would be 10-1 if they beat Chargers with only 1 conference game (Raiders remaining). Pats are the only team that could potentially overtake the Chiefs (assuming Chiefs beat Chargers) since the Pats beat them head to head so I think you are correct that they'd clinch division and BYE with a win this Thursday. They would still have the #1 seed to play for though assuming the Pats beat the Steelers next week. Pats would have to win out and Chiefs would have to lose 2 of their 3 remaining games for Pats to get #1 seed.

I don't believe there is much history of teams resting their starters the entirety of week 16 even if they clinched the BYE already since that is a long time for the team to be off. I'm not certain what Andy Reid's history is though as far as sitting starters but it is hard to see Mahomes not playing at least a decent part of week 16 as long as the game stays competitive (which is should against the Seahawks). 

An interesting twist that I'm not sure if it has ever occurred is if Chiefs elected to sit starters week 16 then play them week 17 to get them some rest but break up the gap between their first playoff game and they get to play a much weaker opponent in week 17 in the Raiders so they wouldn't likely have to go all out (although I guess that kind of defeats the purpose).

Hill might be out on a short week and Gordon looks on track to return so I wouldn't rule out a tough opponent in the Chargers. 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bastardo! said:

They wrap it up next week if they beat the Chargers and the Pats lose to the Steelers.

Pats losing two in a row is unlikely. They have the Steelers' number.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Pats losing two in a row is unlikely. They have the Steelers' number.

I wouldn't completely rule it out but both Big Ben and Conner are banged up for the Steelers which doesn't bode well for them. 

22 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

An interesting twist that I'm not sure if it has ever occurred is if Chiefs elected to sit starters week 16 then play them week 17 to get them some rest but break up the gap between their first playoff game and they get to play a much weaker opponent in week 17 in the Raiders so they wouldn't likely have to go all out (although I guess that kind of defeats the purpose).

That actually makes sense, though the Seahawks game is a Sunday nighter and I can't imagine the league would be happy about that.

5 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

That actually makes sense, though the Seahawks game is a Sunday nighter and I can't imagine the league would be happy about that.

Yeah that and fantasy football players would riot. Money runs the world so it is highly improbable that would ever happen. 

Any worries this week? Playing a good defense with possibility of his other RB hurt and top WR hurt....

7 minutes ago, mi26 said:

Any worries this week? Playing a good defense with possibility of his other RB hurt and top WR hurt....

No worries. Guy is a magician. Hill will play. 

Did you guys see the no-look pass he threw? That was crazy. I've never seen something like that before and he made it look so easy.

30 minutes ago, mi26 said:

Rain in the forecast Thursday, as well. Still, firing up with confidence.

45 minutes ago, mi26 said:

not at all, this is the last player in the league you need to worry about...He could have dallas caliber wr options minus amari cooper and would still put up 25+ fantasy points weekly against the chicago bears defense.....matchup proof, supporting cast proof, weather proof....He's the Best Fantasy Football player of all time, and will lead us all to the promise land...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

not at all, this is the last player in the league you need to worry about...He could have dallas caliber wr options minus amari cooper and would still put up 25+ fantasy points weekly against the chicago bears defense.....matchup proof, supporting cast proof, weather proof....He's the Best Fantasy Football player of all time, and will lead us all to the promise land...

"Showtime" is a lame nickname.  It should be "League Winner."

• Thanks 1

I just can't see Reid resting his guys both Week 16 and 17.  Does that even happen?  Week 17, sure.  But most sane leagues shouldn't be playing in week 17.

How about that no look pass?  Kid is simply showing off at this point.  He is special and will be fun to watch for years.

I am probably going to end up playing both Mahomes and Ware (if he’s active). Sorry guys, that means the Chiefs will poop the bed. Anytime I start a Thursday night player they poop the bed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

I am probably going to end up playing both Mahomes and Ware (if he’s active). Sorry guys, that means the Chiefs will poop the bed. Anytime I start a Thursday night player they poop the bed.

Same here, lets go!!.. The Kansas City Red Raiders!

24 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

He just got held in check by the Ravens. He obviously isn't invincible...