thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

They could afford to pay Watkins $16 million because they're not paying Smith $17 million.

Honestly my comment had little to do with Watkins.  Personally I think he is overpaid and overated injury prone talent.  My point was just like with SF when the receiving talent started to improve they ship him out. Then the team went out and got the young QB another reliable target.  Pretty similar to when the Niners brought in Boldin to pair with Crab and Davis.  

Plus Watkins isn't counting 16 mil vs the cap.  He counts 7.8 this year.

Edited by youngrice

Terrific mix of talent, age, opportunity and supporting cast. Perfect recipe for success. Enjoy the ride gentlemen. 

4 hours ago, Mr2Saint said:

Terrific mix of talent, age, opportunity and supporting cast. Perfect recipe for success. Enjoy the ride gentlemen. 

And, available dirt cheap in fantasy.

If there is a guy that can duplicate Watson’s heroics (of last year) but survive the whole year it’s Mahomes.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2018 at 3:18 PM, Mr2Saint said:

All in on Mahommes this year!

After seeing dual-threat Watson succeed last year in HOU, I don't see why Mahommes can't produce at a similar rate with better weapons at his disposal. His dynasty potential and outlook is stronger than almost any QB.

I like Mahommes but I don't know about "all in". He has a ton of pressure on him, can he handle it? We don't know. How many QB's with more talent than him have failed? Tons. 

Deshaun Watson was way more talented coming out, played at a big time program and won a National Championship almost single handedly. Not to mention his football IQ is extremely high.

Just be be careful not to go overboard with him. I'd say he's worth a shot in Dynasty, I wouldn't touch him in any other format.

Edited by South Carolina

Not saying to make him your QB1 or only QB, but Mahomes is really set up for success.  Good running game, very good receivers, a year to learn the QB friendly system, plus he is quite likely to rush for 5 TDs or more.  

Can't think of a better late round QB in redraft in many years.

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Not saying to make him your QB1 or only QB, but Mahomes is really set up for success.  Good running game, very good receivers, a year to learn the QB friendly system, plus he is quite likely to rush for 5 TDs or more.  

I'd certainly take a late round flyer on him for my QB2. I think people really underestimate how important Alex Smith was to that offense. I wish the kid luck, he seems to have the tools. Let's hope he has the smarts.. 

1 hour ago, South Carolina said:

I'd certainly take a late round flyer on him for my QB2. I think people really underestimate how important Alex Smith was to that offense. I wish the kid luck, he seems to have the tools. Let's hope he has the smarts.. 

ya but how important was tyreek hill to smith and he is still there 

i think smith is the same qb he always was just its hard to miss hill when hes wide open for 50 yard bombs all the time 

mahomes will probably be able to close his eyes and throw as far as he can and hill will be there wide open 

• Like 2

He’s having a nice connection with Sammy Watkins and Tyreek Hill in the first two days. Targeting him and Mariota as my QBs for the season, they both look like the Carson Wentz’s (12th round ADP last year) of 2018. Low drafted guys who outplay their ADP and end up top 10 QBs. 

On 3/29/2018 at 9:03 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

very few QB whisperers i'd take over the fatman

Image result for andy reid kool aid

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Targeting him and Mariota as my QBs for the season

f414d95187c579f870f0edb8dd42de43.gif

9 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

f414d95187c579f870f0edb8dd42de43.gif

Will revisit Page 6 in January.

I google Mahomes to see what's up and Google tells me:

20 hours ago - Arrowheadlines: Patrick Mahomes could be the best QB Andy Reid has ever had - Arrowhead Pride

11 hours ago - Patrick Mahomes to NFL Network: "We're going to be really special" - Arrowhead Pride

10 hours ago - Patrick Mahomes is throwing interceptions in camp. Is it cause for worry? - Arrowhead Pride

tenor.gif?itemid=5841756

• Haha 3

Throw all the INTs you want in practice, Patrick. Drive that ADP down!

There will be a top 5 QB found on the waiver wire this season. 

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Yes, we are aware that Flacco is having a great early camp...

On 3/29/2018 at 12:14 AM, seanismorris said:

If there is a guy that can duplicate Watson’s heroics (of last year) but survive the whole year it’s Mahomes.

Watson is a good amount better than Mahomes IMO

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, seanismorris said:

Mahomes was a raw prospect coming out of college. I'm a lot less confident in him repeating what Watson did last season. But if he runs enough and stays healthy he will be a value.

Is no one else gonna say it?

Trading Smith was a HUGE mistake 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devaster said:

Mahomes was a raw prospect coming out of college. I'm a lot less confident in him repeating what Watson did last season. But if he runs enough and stays healthy he will be a value.

with hunt+ware he shouldnt need to run much

This kid supposed be tom Brady in training camp throwing dimes and tds all over the place likes he’s a seasoned vet? Hes a young player getting ready to be a starter for the first time. It’s called training camp for a reason. Your training and learning for the season. Really enjoy all the overreactions as usual every year lol. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

Seems like there is every year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

This kid supposed be tom Brady in training camp throwing dimes and tds all over the place likes he’s a seasoned vet? Hes a young player getting ready to be a starter for the first time. It’s called training camp for a reason. Your training and learning for the season. Really enjoy all the overreactions as usual every year lol. 

it's a good thing if you haven't drafted yet, though. Let the hype cool off a bit and get him a couple rounds later where he becomes an even bigger value play.