thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

16 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

He was ok last night, not great. He threw a beautiful TD and a brutal interception. Take what you want out of it. 

This is the thing. He's still a bit up and down, and I'm not taking him before I have a better idea how much up and how much down.

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Exactly. In most mocks, I've been able to pair him up with guys like Luck, Big Ben, and Philip Rivers. I might take that same approach. Just a win-win for where he is being drafted right now.

In that sense I agree. If you can grab him as a QB2 then it's a no brainer. But as always someone will reach and grab him earlier than projected.

34 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

This is the thing. He's still a bit up and down, and I'm not taking him before I have a better idea how much up and how much down.

He's a rookie and he will make some serious mistakes and have some really bad games. What you hope to do is catch him when he gets a hot streak

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

What you hope to do is catch him when he gets a hot streak

Or I get him when he catches a hot streaker.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrfLk1xicKIkCgXfMW2Io

9 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

How’s many rushing yards can we expect from Mahomes? Would 400 be a good estimate? 

Assuming Reid utilizes him similar to Smith in this capacity, I would guess a floor of 300 yards and a ceiling of 500.

7 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Assuming Reid utilizes him similar to Smith in this capacity, I would guess a floor of 300 yards and a ceiling of 500.

Alex had some deceptive wheels on him and good vision when he ran. Very underrated

• Like 1

That was one of the craziest throws I’ve ever seen in my life. I don’t give a s--- if it’s preseason. That was amazing 

That throw was insane, but Mahomes is going to throw like 20 picks this year.

He just makes some dumb, dumb, ridiculously dumb decisions - throws that anyone who's even halfway decent at Madden would know are guaranteed picks.

Great talent, possible QB1 for fantasy, downgrade from Alex Smith

2 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

That throw was insane, but Mahomes is going to throw like 20 picks this year.

He just makes some dumb, dumb, ridiculously dumb decisions - throws that anyone who's even halfway decent at Madden would know are guaranteed picks.

Great talent, possible QB1 for fantasy, downgrade from Alex Smith

Maybe he slings it like Favre and the offensive production outweighs the interceptions. Maybe. Mayyyybe?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Maybe he slings it like Favre and the offensive production outweighs the interceptions. Maybe. Mayyyybe?

Mayyyyyyyyyybe

• Like 1

A QB who gunslings like him will make a skill player a stud

I think we need to move Tyreek Hill up in ADP to early 3rd round, but I see no reason to chase Mahomes.

Mahomes is going to inconsistent, but the degraded D is going to force late game heroics to Hill.

Mahomes is going to have some top5 weeks, and some stinkers...

16 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I think we need to move Tyreek Hill up in ADP to early 3rd round, but I see no reason to chase Mahomes.

Mahomes is going to inconsistent, but the degraded D is going to force late game heroics to Hill.

Mahomes is going to have some top5 weeks, and some stinkers...

Alex Smith last season helped to produce a TE+Rb+WR all with +1k yds the 5th in NFL history and the 1st since 2007 and lets not forget the 5 game losing streak.

Reid is going to put Mahommes in a position to perform well in his system.  He won't be as smart as Alex was in his decison making given his inexperience but I think he is going to make some amazing highlight plays and keep the skills players  fantasy relevant. Hunt+Kelce should do very well  but Tyreek is the  week to week question mark because Watkins is the unknown x factor in the mix.

I'm more bullish on Hunt after seeing that 70yd throw, no way you can stack the box against an arm that can punish you

Edited by dashoe

The positive to take away from Mahomes' style of play is that Reid was the QB coach or OC with Favre in GB. But not many QB's succeed in today's NFL turning the ball over. And despite all of Favre's turnovers he also (during his career) set the NFL record for passing TD, games won, etc. He was a unique player.

32 minutes ago, devaster said:

The positive to take away from Mahomes' style of play is that Reid was the QB coach or OC with Favre in GB. But not many QB's succeed in today's NFL turning the ball over. And despite all of Favre's turnovers he also (during his career) set the NFL record for passing TD, games won, etc. He was a unique player.

I remebmer seeing a a clip where Reid lashed out at Favre for being a cowboy. He likes disciplined QB's

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I remebmer seeing a a clip where Reid lashed out at Favre for being a cowboy. He likes disciplined QB's

I don't know how you can come to that conclusion from one scene. Reid is as good as they get when it comes to coaching QB's in the NFL though.

30 minutes ago, devaster said:

I don't know how you can come to that conclusion from one scene. Reid is as good as they get when it comes to coaching QB's in the NFL though.

It doesnt take a confessional, in depth interviews and an autobiography to come to that conclusion. Reid has made multiple comments over the years of how smart and DISCIPLINED Alex Smith was. Favre had a notorious reputation of being an undisciplined QB until he went to GB and Holmgreen and Reid straightened him out  I'm sticking to my perception of favre and reid right or wrong.

You can have yours. :)

Favre recalled being less than thrilled to hear that Reid, the Packers’ tight ends coach at the time, would replace the departing Steve Mariucci as the quarterbacks coach. He received the news about Reid one day in a phone call from Mike Holmgren, then Green Bay’s head coach.

"After I woke up from fainting, I was like, 'You’ve got to be kidding me,'" Favre said. "All I could think about was, 'We are going to meet forever because Andy was such a grinder.' Everyone loved Andy but, man, everyone else was going home and the tight ends are still in meetings.

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

Alex Smith last season helped to produce a TE+Rb+WR all with +1k yds the 5th in NFL history and the 1st since 2007 and lets not forget the 5 game losing streak.

Reid is going to put Mahommes in a position to perform well in his system.  He won't be as smart as Alex was in his decison making given his inexperience but I think he is going to make some amazing highlight plays and keep the skills players  fantasy relevant. Hunt+Kelce should do very well  but Tyreek is the  week to week question mark because Watkins is the unknown x factor in the mix.

I'm more bullish on Hunt after seeing that 70yd throw, no way you can stack the box against an arm that can punish you

Hill + Mahomes is where the chemistry is at from what we’ve seen in the preseason.

Mahomes is fine, but I’m not sure he’s much better than Tyrod for fantasy and Tyrod is infinitely cheaper.  I’m concerned Mahomes is going to look like a rookie at times and throw multiple picks.

I don’t dislike Mahomes (especially in the 2nd half of the season) but some are giving him a top10 grade (draft position) and that’s to high.

Favre's interceptions were usually the result of him trying to force passes into windows that may have been there, but were miniscule and unwise.

Mahomes picks weren't quite that- it seemed like he'd decided where he was going with the ball before it was even snapped, and totally missed or ignored the fact that there were defenders in the way.  That's a bit troubling.

9 hours ago, dashoe said:

is Mahomes gonna be whacked out on pills and booze and chew and junk pics?

can't tell me Reid had no idea Favre was poppin' with the propensity of of a pro -  you ever try to reason with an addict?

Didn’t watch any of the game, but Mahomes stats look pretty good. Anyone watch the game and have observations?  And I’m praying Hill makes it to me in the third round (10th slot). In PPR, the Mahomes/Hill connection seems like it could be a goldmine. 8 receptions last night?  Okay.

Edited by FeastMode
  • Like 1