The 7th Beatles

Jarvis Landry 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I'd love to see him in a stable QB situation. I don't think that is Baltimore. I don't know cap situations. Is there a favorable team he could land with? #LandryandCousinstoCleveland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bears need him for their rookie QB but not sure why he would want to go to the bears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The bears need him for their rookie QB but not sure why he would want to go to the bears

 

You make an interesting point. If Mitch can make the Goff jump this would be a good spot. CHI certainly needs a WR1. He could have an interest there; why would Alshon want to go to Philly last year?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The bears need him for their rookie QB but not sure why he would want to go to the bears

 

Seriously? Do you think a guy like Landry is valuable enough to be picky about going to a contender/good situation? He is going to go to whoever pays him the most, unless the difference in salaries is almost nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Landry to the Bears?  Makes too much sense, although now I will have to re-calibrate since John Fox is gone.  I was going to say something snide about Chicago being perfectly happy with their WR group of Dontrelle Inman, Marcus Whitman, and a cast of misfits and rejects.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

 

Seriously? Do you think a guy like Landry is valuable enough to be picky about going to a contender/good situation? He is going to go to whoever pays him the most, unless the difference in salaries is almost nothing.

 

 

 i think he has established he has real value and I do think he will have some say on where he plays. i dont think he sucks as a wr, i think he was constrained by the offense and talent around him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

 

Seriously? Do you think a guy like Landry is valuable enough to be picky about going to a contender/good situation?

 

Yes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

 i think he has established he has real value and I do think he will have some say on where he plays. i dont think he sucks as a wr, i think he was constrained by the offense and talent around him

I own Landry in dynasty -- which is why I'm replying to this thread in January lmao. He is still fiercely underrated imo. But in real life, WR's are just not valuable. Landry is going where the money takes him.

2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Yes. 

Nah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a solid WR but he isn't even worth close to what he is asking. First, WRs aren't that valuable and the history of super bowl winners sort of shows that to be true. Second, he isn't even a top 10 WR. (Green, Julio, Brown, Hopkins, ODB, Thomas, Gordon, Adams, Allen, Hilton, and Cooks). That's just 10 off the top of my head that are easily better than Landry. This isn't even taking into account him being a class a drama queen. 

 

Don't get me wrong, he is a very good WR. However, not worth anywhere near his asking amount. He seemingly wants to be paid in the top 3 range. In reality, he should be paid in the Baldwin range which is where Miami seems to value him. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Landry will go to the team that pays him the most, even if it is by $1.  From what I can gather, he cares about himself and his stats first, the team a distant second.  I suspect he will have to take quite a bit less than he is hoping for.  The Cleveland GMs who threw big bucks at Britt and Bowe are long gone...

 

Worst case scenario for Cooper is if Landry signs with Las Vegas.  Cooper will spend several more years getting Alpha-dogged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

He's a solid WR but he isn't even worth close to what he is asking. First, WRs aren't that valuable and the history of super bowl winners sort of shows that to be true. Second, he isn't even a top 10 WR. (Green, Julio, Brown, Hopkins, ODB, Thomas, Gordon, Adams, Allen, Hilton, and Cooks). That's just 10 off the top of my head that are easily better than Landry. This isn't even taking into account him being a class a drama queen. 

 

Don't get me wrong, he is a very good WR. However, not worth anywhere near his asking amount. He seemingly wants to be paid in the top 3 range. In reality, he should be paid in the Baldwin range which is where Miami seems to value him. 

 

I also don't think he is worth top 3 money.

 

But he will have multiple interested teams and a chance to have a say in where he goes, which was the original point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2018 at 1:54 PM, Gohawks said:

He's a solid WR but he isn't even worth close to what he is asking. First, WRs aren't that valuable and the history of super bowl winners sort of shows that to be true. Second, he isn't even a top 10 WR. (Green, Julio, Brown, Hopkins, ODB, Thomas, Gordon, Adams, Allen, Hilton, and Cooks). That's just 10 off the top of my head that are easily better than Landry. This isn't even taking into account him being a class a drama queen. 

 

Don't get me wrong, he is a very good WR. However, not worth anywhere near his asking amount. He seemingly wants to be paid in the top 3 range. In reality, he should be paid in the Baldwin range which is where Miami seems to value him. 

 

Adams and Gordon aren't better than him. Neither has topped 1000 yards since Chip Kelly's first year as Eagles HC. I don't think Keenan Allen is better either. Landry would have done a lot more with Rivers as his QB. Plus he actually plays 16 games a season...kind of important when a long term contract is being considered. 

 

Very few WRs are as consistent as Landry. And this despite trash at QB and surrounding skill position players who are falsely hyped up as better than him (Mike Wallace, Devante Parker, Stills, etc.).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4_Year_Top30.png

 

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 4 year cumulative PPR fantasy points for every WR who has finished top 30 at their position for all 4 years.

*OBJ, Fitz, and Sanders failed to meet this requirement in 1 of the 4 years, but were included for reference.

 

Tl;dr there are only 6 WRs in the league with more fantasy points than Landry over the past 4 seasons.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

4_Year_Top30.png

 

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 4 year cumulative PPR fantasy points for every WR who has finished top 30 at their position for all 4 years.

*OBJ, Fitz, and Sanders failed to meet this requirement in 1 of the 4 years, but were included for reference.

 

Tl;dr there are only 6 WRs in the league with more fantasy points than Landry over the past 4 seasons.

 

I love this analysis - let’s just hope he stays on the Dolphins so this holds true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope this guy learns from Mike Wallace's mistakes. 

 

Don't pass up on the best opportunity for $1-2 M more per season and only experience 2 years of that money when you can stay in a great situation and see all 4 years through and get another even bigger multi year deal. 

 

Although, I'm glad Mike Wallace did what he did. His selfishness and greed helped in me enjoying and watching a legit Hall of Famer. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I just hope this guy learns from Mike Wallace's mistakes. 

 

Don't pass up on the best opportunity for $1-2 M more per season and only experience 2 years of that money when you can stay in a great situation and see all 4 years through and get another even bigger multi year deal. 

 

Although, I'm glad Mike Wallace did what he did. His selfishness and greed helped in me enjoying and watching a legit Hall of Famer. 

 

Wallace left a future HOF QB and one of the best organizations in sports. The Dolphins have neither. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joshua18 said:

 

Wallace left a future HOF QB and one of the best organizations in sports. The Dolphins have neither. 

 

 

Wallace left a great situation for a little extra money than the Steelers were offering. 

 

Regardless of the level of QB play, Landry is still pelted with short to intermediate passes at a very high clip the last 4 years (great situation). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Wallace left a great situation for a little extra money than the Steelers were offering. 

 

Regardless of the level of QB play, Landry is still pelted with short to intermediate passes at a very high clip the last 4 years (great situation). 

 

Wallace let his ego get in the way from what i read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2018 at 5:00 PM, joshua18 said:

 

Adams and Gordon aren't better than him. Neither has topped 1000 yards since Chip Kelly's first year as Eagles HC. I don't think Keenan Allen is better either. Landry would have done a lot more with Rivers as his QB. Plus he actually plays 16 games a season...kind of important when a long term contract is being considered. 

 

Very few WRs are as consistent as Landry. And this despite trash at QB and surrounding skill position players who are falsely hyped up as better than him (Mike Wallace, Devante Parker, Stills, etc.).

 

I don't think that's fair to Tannehill.  He's not good deep, but he's at worst adequate in the short game that Landry thrives on.  While I think Landry won't take a huge hit, situation still will matter.  Luckily, I don't think any of the teams with cap space and WR needs are in a situation where I worry about their QB not being able to use a short/intermediate area dynamo effectively. Assuming the Browns get a halfway decent QB.

 

Gordon with the right mindset has proven the potential to match Brown (adequate QB required), although I don't know what the chances of that happening are.  Maybe I'm just in too much of a dynasty thought process right now, but I'll take the 25 year old Adams who just showed he can produce with Hundley.  Rodgers comes back this season and they've already signed him to a significant money contract.  One/both of Cobb/Nelson figure to be gone for cap room.  I'm bullish on Adams to finish top 6 this season.  

 

Not to say I don't like Landry.  He's a safe bet for high end WR2 production (at worst, mid WR1 upside) at low WR2 price. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jbshaw said:

I don't think that's fair to Tannehill.  He's not good deep, but he's at worst adequate in the short game that Landry thrives on.  While I think Landry won't take a huge hit, situation still will matter.  Luckily, I don't think any of the teams with cap space and WR needs are in a situation where I worry about their QB not being able to use a short/intermediate area dynamo effectively. Assuming the Browns get a halfway decent QB.

 

Gordon with the right mindset has proven the potential to match Brown (adequate QB required), although I don't know what the chances of that happening are.  Maybe I'm just in too much of a dynasty thought process right now, but I'll take the 25 year old Adams who just showed he can produce with Hundley.  Rodgers comes back this season and they've already signed him to a significant money contract.  One/both of Cobb/Nelson figure to be gone for cap room.  I'm bullish on Adams to finish top 6 this season.  

 

Not to say I don't like Landry.  He's a safe bet for high end WR2 production (at worst, mid WR1 upside) at low WR2 price. 

 

Landry has been a WR1 2 of the past 3 years (despite playing with 3 different QBs), and was top-20 the other season. He's a WR1 in PPR; any valuation less than this is a steal. 

Edited by joshua18
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, if Landry stays with Miami, he should be drafted as a top 10 WR. 

If he leaves Miami, it depends on the team he goes to. But I still think he'd be valuable.

 

I think because Landry historically hasn't scored a lot of TD's (just 13 in 3 seasons prior to 2017) and gets a low average per catch, he continues to fall under the radar. People keep thinking Devante Parker will outshine him, because he looks like he should be a great WR and was a 1st round pick. Going into my 2017 auction ($200 budget), I was able to snag him for only $9...which ended up being the #23 most expensive WR in our draft. Now auctions can be tricky, depending on where players are nominated...but there's no reason Landry should have effectively been rated as the 23rd-best WR for 2017. 

 

My prediction is that even if he stays in Miami, he still will end up around the 15th--17th ranked WR in drafts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a question for everyone. Let's say Landry stays with Miami. And let's say the Browns go with a QB with one of their 1st round picks. Maybe they sign a vet to start at the beginning of the season, before ceding the reins to their 1st round QB.

 

Who do you draft first: Jarvis Landry or Josh Gordon?

 

My vote is Landry. 

 

Edited by Corleone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corleone said:

Here is a question for everyone. Let's say Landry stays with Miami. And let's say the Browns go with a QB with one of their 1st round picks. Maybe they sign a vet to start at the beginning of the season, before ceding the reins to their 1st round QB.

 

Who do you draft first: Jarvis Landry or Josh Gordon?

 

My vote is Landry. 

 

Partially depends on what the QB situation is and how I feel about my roster by that point.  If it's Cousins, who I think is at worst a top 10 QB, I'm very tempted to swing for the fences with Gordon.  2013 was a very enjoyable season. But if I think I went riskier at RB and QB1 (2 QB league), Landry's safety in Miami is tempting.  He won't be WR1, but he's almost guaranteed to be within WR15 (and likely within WR10)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.