tonycpsu

Christian Yelich 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, collucho said:

The kid is en fuego! How come no ones talking about it? Big contender for player of the month.

And with Thames back, he should slide into the 3-hole. Maybe more rbi op's coming

The kid is en fuego! How come no ones talking about it? Big contender for player of the month.

Because he's still going to end up with a very Yelich stat line... something like 18/18 with a solid BA and around 85-95R and 80RBI. I absolutely covet guys like him in keeper/dynasty formats, but he's so boring. Goes on little runs where he puts up 2 or 3 HR/SB in a 10 day span, then goes 3/5 for a week with no counting stats and repeat.

Still love this guy just for the sake of being a "you get what you get" kinda guy. Last season was a snore fest and he ended up with 18/16, 100R and 81RBI. 

2 minutes ago, LoGo said:

And with Thames back, he should slide into the 3-hole. Maybe more rbi op's coming

Now this I would love. 

Just now, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Because he's still going to end up with a very Yelich stat line... something like 18/18 with a solid BA and around 85-95R and 80RBI. I absolutely covet guys like him in keeper/dynasty formats, but he's so boring. Goes on little runs where he puts up 2 or 3 HR/SB in a 10 day span, then goes 3/5 for a week with no counting stats and repeat.

Still love this guy just for the sake of being a "you get what you get" kinda guy. Last season was a snore fest and he ended up with 18/16, 100R and 81RBI. 

Now this I would love. 

He's in the 3 spot again today. Also, he put up those numbers on the marlins. Gotta assume he can up the ante.

49 minutes ago, collucho said:

He's in the 3 spot again today. Also, he put up those numbers on the marlins. Gotta assume he can up the ante.

He's on pace for basically the same. He's never going to be more than a 20/20 guy at best, which is still awesome. Like I said, love the guy just think he's boring. Which in FBB is a good thing. 

38 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

He's on pace for basically the same. He's never going to be more than a 20/20 guy at best, which is still awesome. Like I said, love the guy just think he's boring. Which in FBB is a good thing. 

Yeah I get your point. But he's only had 2 full seasons doing that so I don't know why you see no room for growth even with a new team. He has missed 16 games this season. If that hadn't happened he could easily be on pace for 25/25.

35 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Just now, collucho said:

Yeah I get your point. But he's only had 2 full seasons doing that so I don't know why you see no room for growth even with a new team. He has missed 16 games this season. If that hadn't happened he could easily be on pace for 25/25.

^^

This. Let's not forget that his baseline is as a Marlin in Marlin's Park. Milwaukee has been one of the most aggressive teams on the basepaths the last few years, and is an above average park, not a below average park, for power. Specifically left-handed pull power, which Christian Yelich has. 

Yelich is pacing 20/20 on ESPN's Player Profile, which projects PAs at the same ratio of games that you've played so far, meaning that 20/20 projection is based on 137 Games and 527 ABs (I'd prefer PAs, this is what they give me though.) 

If you project his current numbers to his 2017 Totals of 156 games and 695 PAs, Yelich is pacing 23.9 mathematically in each category, which means he's essentially been a 24/24 player since the move to Milwaukee.

And again, the move to Milwaukee is a small sample size, but realistically should've been expected. I made my Yelich projection before the trade, and absolutely bumped HR and SB up after the trade. 

• Like 2

Ah, sorry... I'm not being clear at all. It isn't that I don't think he could be a 25/25 guy, I just think he's likely that 20/20 steady .300 hitter - nothing insane, just boring and great at the same time. I do love the move to the Brewers, and in all of my keeper/dynasty leagues I've chased him.

2 hours ago, taobball said:

^^

This. Let's not forget that his baseline is as a Marlin in Marlin's Park. Milwaukee has been one of the most aggressive teams on the basepaths the last few years, and is an above average park, not a below average park, for power. Specifically left-handed pull power, which Christian Yelich has. 

Yelich is pacing 20/20 on ESPN's Player Profile, which projects PAs at the same ratio of games that you've played so far, meaning that 20/20 projection is based on 137 Games and 527 ABs (I'd prefer PAs, this is what they give me though.) 

If you project his current numbers to his 2017 Totals of 156 games and 695 PAs, Yelich is pacing 23.9 mathematically in each category, which means he's essentially been a 24/24 player since the move to Milwaukee.

And again, the move to Milwaukee is a small sample size, but realistically should've been expected. I made my Yelich projection before the trade, and absolutely bumped HR and SB up after the trade. 

See above, I'm with you guys. I should have said "at best"... I meant more that I think he's likely a 20/20 guy with the upside of more. Love the guy though. 

Yelich is hitting .344/.387/.510 with three home runs and 16 RBI against left-handed pitching this season, and owns a 1.602 OPS over the last seven days.

• Like 1

A four-page thread means this guy is doing his job...and doing it well! A top 5 OF already and should be ROS, a run-scoring machine with speed and pop with top of the line BA. Not bad for a 4th rounder..amazing value! 

I own Yelich in a keeper league, and have had zero complaints thus far. I am very excited to see what the future holds, primarily in the power department. He is still only 26 years old and will probably end the year with around 25 HR and 20 SB hitting well over .300. I doubt he ever steals much more than 20 bags in a season, but add in 30ish HR and that AVG and I'll take that all day. Trout- Lite ?

Probably the best hitter since the ASB...he is rapidly rising up the ranks and now sits around 16-17 ahead of guys like Machado. Stanton and Freeman and if he keeps it up to maybe 80% of what he's done recently, he will be a first round candidate.

9 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Probably the best hitter since the ASB...he is rapidly rising up the ranks and now sits around 16-17 ahead of guys like Machado. Stanton and Freeman and if he keeps it up to maybe 80% of what he's done recently, he will be a first round candidate.

Gotta finish with a 300avg, 100 r, 100ish RBI to do it imo. I'm seeing early 2nd right now, but he's damn be good. 

He now has 15 HRs since the All Star break. The guy who had 18 ALL of the last year. Has 15 HRs in the last 5 and half weeks. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

He now has 15 HRs since the All Star break. The guy who had 18 ALL of the last year. Has 15 HRs in the last 5 and half weeks. 

15 homeruns since the ASB AND the second player all season to hit for the cycle. I think they said that he was also the second player to ever hit the cycle at the ballpark too.

1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

5 for 5 tonight with another HR.  Wow.  Might finish the night in the top 12 :)

6 for 6

dont sell him short

is this guy in the NL MVP discussion now?

The party seems to be over.  0-4 with a measly RBI?  I'd ship him off now while you still can...  ;)

i hope benintendi is taking notes

love these types of players <3

everyone getting rewarded with his play