Sign in to follow this  
Zig Zag

Domingo Santana 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

 

Agreed.  Might be just what he needs.  Consistent ABs and if he starts to get hot, may not sit for ROS.

Yea. He has only started 10 of the last 12 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 10:36 AM, Dr. Whom said:

Not sure how much I can hold onto this guy...it will take another injury to get him playing time as they are not benching Braun

 

You just spoke it into existence.

 

Hate to see someone get hurt, but I'm glad I held my nerve and held. Hope he finds some of last year's magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He went 1 for 4 with a solo shot. Calm down peeps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2017 in April:  .197/.310/.465

2018 in April:  .235/.315/.259

 

So far in May this year, he's hitting .308/.364/.513.  

 

It would appear that he's starting to put it together but I'm a tad concerned that he's only attempted 2 steals so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With 7 home games and Braun likely out of the way next week Santana looks like a good add.  Is he ready to bust out again? I'll take that gamble...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tough to hold with how inconsistent he is

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed BC content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This dude has been added and drop alot in my league. I being one of them. What's the cut off with this dude? How long are others holding? Really only last year was his 1 good year.

Edited by TTRA1N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

This dude has been added and drop alot in my league. I being one of them. What's the cut off with this dude? How long are others holding? Really only last year was his 1 good year.

I cut bait weeks ago in a 12-team weekly H2H points league that starts 5 OF + 1 UT.  So yea he really sucks.  And no one ever picked him up in those leagues.  THey're been times I picked him back up and then dropped him again thats it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah unless he mashes at the mvp level...he will be done when Braun gets back. They are not benching Jesus for this scrub one-season wonder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeah unless he mashes at the mvp level...he will be done when Braun gets back. They are not benching Jesus for this scrub one-season wonder

 

Right, because Aguilar has such a long track record of success. <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

This dude has been added and drop alot in my league. I being one of them. What's the cut off with this dude? How long are others holding? Really only last year was his 1 good year.

 

I wouldnt bother rostering him. I think I took him in the middle of round 8 because I didnt like anybody else on the board so I wasnt thrilled with getting him. I knew he probably wasnt going to steal 15 bags but 30 homers and 85 RBI were reasonable expectations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He hit a dinger 2 days ago.  He had a dinger robbed from him by an amazing play by Dyson yesterday and just a few minutes ago he missed a dinger to left field by a few feet which resulted in a double.  It seems like he is heating up.  Ryan Braun isn't guaranteed to come back on Thursday.  It will be interesting to see how their OF logjam plays out when that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brewers totally ruined this guys value, would have thought after last years season they could have traded him for something if their plan was this.  Getting no playing time at all, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Brewers totally ruined this guys value, would have thought after last years season they could have traded him for something if their plan was this.  Getting no playing time at all, 

My understanding is that they tried but weren’t going to give him away. Once they got Yelich and Cain, the price went way down. Then the talk was how having depth was inviting to the team especially with Braun and his injuries. The Brewers’ beat writer tweeted during spring break that Keon Broxton was garnering more interest than Domingo so his value was already very low .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
 
He will get playing time now.
 

 

Edited by B&F
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely the right move given the emergence of Aguilar.  He and Thames deserve everyday PAs, but Domingo needs them as well so he can try to find that next level that we've only seen glimpses of, and there's nothing like a stay in Colorado Springs to build some confidence.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Definitely the right move given the emergence of Aguilar.  He and Thames deserve everyday PAs, but Domingo needs them as well so he can try to find that next level that we've only seen glimpses of, and there's nothing like a stay in Colorado Springs to build some confidence.

Well we saw more than glimpses when they let him play last year.  When they let him play he is a proven stud don't think confidence is an issue.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think "proven stud" is a bit much for a guy who's had one really good year.  He was a stud last year, but wasn't studly art all this year when he was getting everyday PAs.  It's not his fault the Brewers have other guys who are more worthy of playing right now, but it's not like they didn't give him a chance.This is what winning teams do when they're in contention.

 

He'll spend some time mashing AAA pitching, someone will get hurt, traded, or just cool off, and he'll be back up.  Brad Miller doesn't belong on a contending team's roster.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

I think "proven stud" is a bit much for a guy who's had one really good year.  He was a stud last year, but wasn't studly art all this year when he was getting everyday PAs.  It's not his fault the Brewers have other guys who are more worthy of playing right now, but it's not like they didn't give him a chance.

Nah, he never really had a chance this year.  He was jerked around with his playing time from the very beginning and never got into a rhythm. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Domingo had a great 2017. It looked like the Brewers had rising star on there team, his ADP was 98. 

then the Brewers traded for Yelich signed Cain (?? ) which had to leave Domingo wondering what was going to happen. He did get his ABs in April & May but he was not able to get the train started. 

 

Owners who drafted Domingo have to feel snake bitten. 

The main question when what date did the Brewers get Yelich & Cain 

 

both became brewers in January ... how the heck did Domingo have an ADP of 98 then is the main question

 

Edited by shakestreet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El_Chingon said:

Nah, he never really had a chance this year.  He was jerked around with his playing time from the very beginning and never got into a rhythm. 

 

He had 92 PA in April, which paces out to about 550 PA.  Given his position in the batting order, that's as close to an everyday outfielder as you get on a roster that has Yelich, Cain, Braun, and at least one healthy first baseman with no DH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

both became brewers in January ... how the heck did Domingo have an ADP of 98 then is the main question

 

People were betting on a Braun trade and against Thames/Aguilar being worthy of everyday reps.  Plus the usual premium that people pay for young guys after a breakout year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

 

He had 92 PA in April, which paces out to about 550 PA.  Given his position in the batting order, that's as close to an everyday outfielder as you get on a roster that has Yelich, Cain, Braun, and at least one healthy first baseman with no DH.

 

Yep.  But how many guys start slow in April but then are allowed to turn it around, instead of benched and then sent down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this