Sign in to follow this  
Zig Zag

Domingo Santana 2018 Outlook

47 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Agreed.  Might be just what he needs.  Consistent ABs and if he starts to get hot, may not sit for ROS.

Yea. He has only started 10 of the last 12 games.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:36 AM, Dr. Whom said:

Not sure how much I can hold onto this guy...it will take another injury to get him playing time as they are not benching Braun

You just spoke it into existence.

Hate to see someone get hurt, but I'm glad I held my nerve and held. Hope he finds some of last year's magic.

He went 1 for 4 with a solo shot. Calm down peeps.

2017 in April:  .197/.310/.465

2018 in April:  .235/.315/.259

So far in May this year, he's hitting .308/.364/.513.  

It would appear that he's starting to put it together but I'm a tad concerned that he's only attempted 2 steals so far.

• Like 1

With 7 home games and Braun likely out of the way next week Santana looks like a good add.  Is he ready to bust out again? I'll take that gamble...

Posted (edited)

Tough to hold with how inconsistent he is

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed BC content

Posted (edited)

This dude has been added and drop alot in my league. I being one of them. What's the cut off with this dude? How long are others holding? Really only last year was his 1 good year.

Edited by TTRA1N

37 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

This dude has been added and drop alot in my league. I being one of them. What's the cut off with this dude? How long are others holding? Really only last year was his 1 good year.

I cut bait weeks ago in a 12-team weekly H2H points league that starts 5 OF + 1 UT.  So yea he really sucks.  And no one ever picked him up in those leagues.  THey're been times I picked him back up and then dropped him again thats it.

• Like 1

Yeah unless he mashes at the mvp level...he will be done when Braun gets back. They are not benching Jesus for this scrub one-season wonder

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeah unless he mashes at the mvp level...he will be done when Braun gets back. They are not benching Jesus for this scrub one-season wonder

Right, because Aguilar has such a long track record of success. <_<

5 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

I wouldnt bother rostering him. I think I took him in the middle of round 8 because I didnt like anybody else on the board so I wasnt thrilled with getting him. I knew he probably wasnt going to steal 15 bags but 30 homers and 85 RBI were reasonable expectations. 

He hit a dinger 2 days ago.  He had a dinger robbed from him by an amazing play by Dyson yesterday and just a few minutes ago he missed a dinger to left field by a few feet which resulted in a double.  It seems like he is heating up.  Ryan Braun isn't guaranteed to come back on Thursday.  It will be interesting to see how their OF logjam plays out when that happens.

Brewers totally ruined this guys value, would have thought after last years season they could have traded him for something if their plan was this.  Getting no playing time at all, 

3 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Brewers totally ruined this guys value, would have thought after last years season they could have traded him for something if their plan was this.  Getting no playing time at all, 

My understanding is that they tried but weren’t going to give him away. Once they got Yelich and Cain, the price went way down. Then the talk was how having depth was inviting to the team especially with Braun and his injuries. The Brewers’ beat writer tweeted during spring break that Keon Broxton was garnering more interest than Domingo so his value was already very low .

Posted (edited)

He will get playing time now.

Edited by B&F
  • Haha 2

Definitely the right move given the emergence of Aguilar.  He and Thames deserve everyday PAs, but Domingo needs them as well so he can try to find that next level that we've only seen glimpses of, and there's nothing like a stay in Colorado Springs to build some confidence.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Definitely the right move given the emergence of Aguilar.  He and Thames deserve everyday PAs, but Domingo needs them as well so he can try to find that next level that we've only seen glimpses of, and there's nothing like a stay in Colorado Springs to build some confidence.

Well we saw more than glimpses when they let him play last year.  When they let him play he is a proven stud don't think confidence is an issue.  

• Like 1

I think "proven stud" is a bit much for a guy who's had one really good year.  He was a stud last year, but wasn't studly art all this year when he was getting everyday PAs.  It's not his fault the Brewers have other guys who are more worthy of playing right now, but it's not like they didn't give him a chance.This is what winning teams do when they're in contention.

He'll spend some time mashing AAA pitching, someone will get hurt, traded, or just cool off, and he'll be back up.  Brad Miller doesn't belong on a contending team's roster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

I think "proven stud" is a bit much for a guy who's had one really good year.  He was a stud last year, but wasn't studly art all this year when he was getting everyday PAs.  It's not his fault the Brewers have other guys who are more worthy of playing right now, but it's not like they didn't give him a chance.

Nah, he never really had a chance this year.  He was jerked around with his playing time from the very beginning and never got into a rhythm. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Domingo had a great 2017. It looked like the Brewers had rising star on there team, his ADP was 98. 

then the Brewers traded for Yelich signed Cain (?? ) which had to leave Domingo wondering what was going to happen. He did get his ABs in April & May but he was not able to get the train started. 

Owners who drafted Domingo have to feel snake bitten. 

The main question when what date did the Brewers get Yelich & Cain 

both became brewers in January ... how the heck did Domingo have an ADP of 98 then is the main question

Edited by shakestreet

1 minute ago, El_Chingon said:

Nah, he never really had a chance this year.  He was jerked around with his playing time from the very beginning and never got into a rhythm. 

He had 92 PA in April, which paces out to about 550 PA.  Given his position in the batting order, that's as close to an everyday outfielder as you get on a roster that has Yelich, Cain, Braun, and at least one healthy first baseman with no DH.

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

both became brewers in January ... how the heck did Domingo have an ADP of 98 then is the main question

People were betting on a Braun trade and against Thames/Aguilar being worthy of everyday reps.  Plus the usual premium that people pay for young guys after a breakout year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

He had 92 PA in April, which paces out to about 550 PA.  Given his position in the batting order, that's as close to an everyday outfielder as you get on a roster that has Yelich, Cain, Braun, and at least one healthy first baseman with no DH.

Yep.  But how many guys start slow in April but then are allowed to turn it around, instead of benched and then sent down.