Corleone

Antonio Brown 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

Smith-Schuster is a great slot WR.  He will get exposed if he's the #1 focus of defenses. 

 

They drafted James Washington for a reason 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

They drafted James Washington for a reason 

 

Good point.  

 

But PIT already threw away their limited title window by not paying Bell.  

 

Without AB, they are toast. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see AB coming back. The backlash is too much for his ego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Antonio Brown is another WR prima donna. That position is loaded with me first types. 

 

No matter what you think of Antonio in my eyes he is the best receiver since 2010 when he entered the NFL. 

Steeler won/lost record since he made his mark in the NFL. 94-49-1 .652 winning %

won a SB in his first year. Been to the playoffs 6 out of his 9 years. 

 

If the steelers decides they need to dismiss Brown a lot of teams will come calling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a prerequisite that in order to achieve the label of number one WR that you have to be a complete and total me first douche bag?  I have zero doubts this guy would be so much more content being on a 4-12 team putting up 120 catches 1800+ yards and 14+ TDs than being on one of the most consistent winning football teams in the history of the game.  Just stfu and play the damn kids game that you’re paid over 14 million dollars a year to play.  Getting sick of these loser a** babies.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Is it a prerequisite that in order to achieve the label of number one WR that you have to be a complete and total me first douche bag?  I have zero doubts this guy would be so much more content being on a 4-12 team putting up 120 catches 1800+ yards and 14+ TDs than being on one of the most consistent winning football teams in the history of the game.  Just stfu and play the damn kids game that you’re paid over 14 million dollars a year to play.  Getting sick of these loser a** babies.

Hopkins seems all right 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Hopkins seems all right 

Yeah he’s been pretty enjoyable thus far.  Hopefully he doesn’t transform as he gets older.  He’s far and away the best WR in football also.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Antonio Brown is another WR prima donna. That position is loaded with me first types. 

 

No matter what you think of Antonio in my eyes he is the best receiver since 2010 when he entered the NFL. 

Steeler won/lost record since he made his mark in the NFL. 94-49-1 .652 winning %

won a SB in his first year. Been to the playoffs 6 out of his 9 years. 

 

If the steelers decides they need to dismiss Brown a lot of teams will come calling. 

 

AB doesn’t have a SB ring. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ship him to South Beach.  He can party on down and enjoy a nice 6-10, 7-9 atypical Miami Dolphins football season.  But he can stay lit and get tons of targets.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People will recommend Buffalo, which is stupid because we don't want him. Let him go be Miami's/New York's problem.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleveland comes to mind. They have a young QB, no elite WR and are poised to take the next step. Of course it would take a Godfather offer to have him shipped in the division.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

People will recommend Buffalo, which is stupid because we don't want him. Let him go be Miami's/New York's problem.

Why would he possibly want to go to Buffalo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

Why would he possibly want to go to Buffalo?

 

Short move, unquestioned #1 target, able to get another raise with all the cap space, promising young QB, one of the most lit fan bases in football. I could see the appeal tbh, and I can definitely envision people saying here is a good place for him, and I'd hate to have him here tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

 

Short move, unquestioned #1 target, able to get another raise with all the cap space, promising young QB, one of the most lit fan bases in football. I could see the appeal tbh, and I can definitely envision people saying here is a good place for him, and I'd hate to have him here tbh.

your bias aside buffalo is probably one of the last places he'd be interested in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

your bias aside buffalo is probably one of the last places he'd be interested in.

 

I don't see how he wouldn't be interested in coming here honestly. I'm not biased, I don't want him. But people here are already talking about it and I think it makes a good deal of sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Calling it now....San Fran. 

You must have seen the Kittle tweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AB to the patriots? Surprised that wasnt said first :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now they are claiming he was "more venting than actually requesting a trade". Look, I'm not trying to make this political or anything but this is getting out of hand. Everyone looking to be the first to break a story without actually checking the facts. Then, you just follow it up with another story because readers don't demand more from news agents. Who cares about taking the time to find out the truth before reporting it. People don't seem to care about accuracy or fidelity anymore. It is a social media free for all. Teach your children how to discern fact from fiction. The world is becoming an even scarier place. Irresponsible reporting. But hey, its the norm now. 

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Told ya.....AB isn't going anywhere. Social Media overreaction. Irresponsible journalism for twitter follows. Sure he's a diva but he isn't going anywhere. Nobody even knows what happened and there's people saying "he threw a ball at Big bens head and is screaming he wants out" because some joe on twitter blew something our of proportion for media follows. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AB going to retire a Steeler.  No way they trade one of the best WRs of this current generation. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Now they are claiming he was "more venting than actually requesting a trade". Look, I'm not trying to make this political or anything but this is getting out of hand. Everyone looking to be the first to break a story without actually checking the facts. Then, you just follow it up with another story because readers don't demand more from news agents. Who cares about taking the time to find out the truth before reporting it. People don't seem to care about accuracy or fidelity anymore. It is a social media free for all. Teach your children how to discern fact from fiction. The world is becoming an even scarier place. Irresponsible reporting. But hey, its the norm now. 

The first story is the accurate one.  The second story is spin from Brown's camp, fed to an always credulous Ian Rapoport in a feeble attempt to do damage control now that the public is seething over yet another selfish fit by Brown.

 

Think the Steelers brass are not white hot furious at Brown?  For pulling yet another juvenile stunt, this time during the run-up to the biggest game of the year?

 

Yeah, everything's FINE, eh Rapoport?  Brown was just VENTING.  There there, that's made it all better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had an all world game against the saints, then throws a tantrum. Million dollar talent with a 10 cent brain, I think he's worse than OBJ in a locker room. Trade him to a team with no QB like Miami, Jacksonville, Washington, Tennessee or Oakland

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.