• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Wild Thing

Andrew Luck 2018 Outlook

Obviously one of the biggest question marks heading into 2018. Will he be healthy? What are McDaniels and a healthy Luck capable of? 

Who knows? It doesn't look good for him. I hope he bounces back but I just don't see it. I think that injury is way more serious than anyone is letting on.

luck has been dealing with this injury since 2015. i dont know of any QB that has missed 1.5yrs of football due to an injury to their throwing arm and came back and crushed it.

7 hours ago, dashoe said:

luck has been dealing with this injury since 2015. i dont know of any QB that has missed 1.5yrs of football due to an injury to their throwing arm and came back and crushed it.

Agree. It feels like the Payton Manning neck thing all over. 

1 hour ago, South Carolina said:

Agree. It feels like the Payton Manning neck thing all over. 

You mean right before he set NFL single-season records for yards and TD passes?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/27/2018 at 7:08 PM, Wild Thing said:

Obviously one of the biggest question marks heading into 2018. Will he be healthy? What are McDaniels and a healthy Luck capable of? 

McDaniels wouldn't put up with Irsay if he wasn't confident Luck will be 100% this year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

You mean right before he set NFL single-season records for yards and TD passes?

No, I mean his last pathetic year. He was terrible. They won the Super Bowl despite him 

Edited by South Carolina

3 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

No, I mean his last pathetic year. He was terrible. They won the Super Bowl despite him 

That had nothing to do with his neck. He was just horrid from mid-2014 to the end.

The neck was why he missed the 2011 season, after which most believed he'd never be elite again.

Always bet against the suckers who overreact to injuries they don't understand. Luck's dynasty value may not be this cheap for the next 5+ years. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

That had nothing to do with his neck. He was just horrid from mid-2014 to the end.

The neck was why he missed the 2011 season, after which most believed he'd never be elite again.

Always bet against the suckers who overreact to injuries they don't understand. Luck's dynasty value may not be this cheap for the next 5+ years. 

The same overreacting suckers you ridiculed who passed on drafting Luck this past season and you claimed didnt understand his injury and you were confident that Luck would be back by wk1. . 2. . .3-4-5. . .next season?  :lol:

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The same overreacting suckers you ridiculed who passed on drafting Luck this past season and you claimed didnt understand his injury and you were confident that Luck would be back by wk1. . 2. . .3-4-5. . .next season?  :lol:

I follow Dr. Chao, and he was confident all along through the spring and summer that Luck would be gone at least through October, especially after they traded for Brissett. 

Try again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

I follow Dr. Chao, and he was confident all along through the spring and summer that Luck would be gone at least through October, especially after they traded for Brissett. 

Try again.

Ok let me try again. . .:lol:

I hope people irrationally keep hating on Luck and the IND offense. As long as they don't add a legit QB, his worst case is missing week 1. Which is still unlikely considering he's played his last 19 games with a throwing shoulder bad enough to require surgery. 

On 8/9/2017 at 3:41 PM, dashoe said:

What if he misses 3 weeks or 5?

They would have signed another QB by now if that was the case. His prognosis for strength recovery from all publicly known medical information is 6 weeks from mid July. That means if everything goes well, he won't miss any games. The team is bracing from a PR standpoint in case there is a setback which would delay the timetable enough to endanger week 1 (September 10th), but would have signed a vet if they were really concerned. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

It's a dog & pony show to keep butts in the seats. He'll never play again. 

36 minutes ago, dashoe said:
Ok let me try again. . .:lol:

I hope people irrationally keep hating on Luck and the IND offense. As long as they don't add a legit QB, his worst case is missing week 1. Which is still unlikely considering he's played his last 19 games with a throwing shoulder bad enough to require surgery. 

On 8/9/2017 at 3:41 PM, dashoe said:

What if he misses 3 weeks or 5?

They would have signed another QB by now if that was the case. His prognosis for strength recovery from all publicly known medical information is 6 weeks from mid July. That means if everything goes well, he won't miss any games. The team is bracing from a PR standpoint in case there is a setback which would delay the timetable enough to endanger week 1 (September 10th), but would have signed a vet if they were really concerned. 

Should I keep trying?

You sort of went missing in that thread after the post below. . .:D

joshua18

Posted September 2, 2017

As I said earlier, I expect him back around wk 2-3. But I don't expect him to be 100% until midseason. 

None of this really matters if you have the foresight to draft Carson Palmer -- who has a cake schedule until his week 8 bye -- late to cover for Luck's absence. 

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I drafted him relying on the team's own rhetoric, which if memory serves, was deemed to be all lies around mid-season. He himself said he expected to play and that when he did he expected to perform at a high level. At FFC he's a 9th RD guy. I get back there and those guys aren't the ones that'll break my team, but rather can factor big and he fits the player I'm looking for. I also like Jackie D & expect them to add at RB & OL.  

26 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

I drafted him relying on the team's own rhetoric, which if memory serves, was deemed to be all lies around mid-season. He himself said he expected to play and that when he did he expected to perform at a high level. At FFC he's a 9th RD guy. I get back there and those guys aren't the ones that'll break my team, but rather can factor big and he fits the player I'm looking for. I also like Jackie D & expect them to add at RB & OL.  

QB seems to be that one position where u can grab a stud off the waiver by week 5 because most who draft a QB in rds 1-10 will still have that guy as their starter or drop the a QB who hasnt crushed it by week 3, so they are less aggressive on the waivers looking for the stud QB.  For example i picked palmer last rd and picked up wentz off the waiver by week2  Alex Smith was available too and missed on deshaun at the week4 mark.  Guys who drafted brees,mariotta,big ben,Ryan were all sitting and struggling with their picks.  Luck would have to be playing lights out in preseason in order for me to grab him before rd 12.

• Like 1

If he's throwing and participating in the offseason he's obviously a potential high upside player. I'd suggest making decisions based on what he actually does not what anyone says. If he's practicing and throwing then great, if not there's a reason. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If he's playing in preseason, someone will take a shot at him as a top QB- right beyond the no brainers like Brady, Rodgers etc, so unless you're willing to do that, he's likely not going to be available where most would consider it.      I'd be willing to slot him in as a caboose on the QB1 train if he looks healthy in August, but i'd only draft him on one team at most.    I just dont think he'd make it that far if he looks good.   

If he's not playing by then, i dont see any way he can be drafted as a sure fantasy starter, and I personally would label him as a DND in that case.   If he hasn't shaken off the rust by late August, there's as much of a chance of him missing the whole season as there is of him producing at a useful level for your team.

24 minutes ago, BrianM said:

"If he's playing in preseason, someone will take a shot at him as a top QB- right beyond the no brainers like Brady, Rodgers etc, so unless you're willing to do that, he's likely not going to be available where most would consider it."

You mean like the 3rd round or so & I would agree completely. I didn't say as much but if you draft in the spring and he's still in the back, to me, he's worth the roll. 

Right, he's a high risk/reward guy, which always seems to translate to one owner willing to take all the risk, so you have to be able to digest that in order to land him.   If you're risk averse, even slightly, Luck is probably not going to last to a point where you're comfortable with making that move.   

33 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

You mean like the 3rd round or so & I would agree completely. I didn't say as much but if you draft in the spring and he's still in the back, to me, he's worth the roll. 

does ur league allow for adds and drops in the summer or is the waiver wire locked?

On 1/27/2018 at 6:08 PM, Wild Thing said:

The conversation fell away from this question.

I think that Ballard is the perfect compliment to McDaniels from the personnel side and Luck is a great compliment to McDaniels on the field side. IF (as has been established, a big if) Luck is healthy I'm actually excited about this pairing. The colts do have lots of holes and play in a brutal division (Jacksonville and Houston have good defenses); they have some firepower and some nice pieces on defense. They could end up relying on takeaways and great offense. 

I think of Payton and Brees as the ceiling for what they are capable of. That 2010 NO team had an opportunistic D and great QB play.

Damn dashoe, 

Do you work for the NSA ? Got the goods on us people, be careful what you say around dathoe :ph34r: 

Bet they make a movie about dashoe gathering intel on unsuspecting posters who thought they could rewrite their own history only to be sent off to literary Siberia in shame. The movie will be titled ;  "SILENCE of the LAMES " :wub:

• Haha 1

If luck is playing in the preseason he's a top QB and I'm drafting him. Especially with McDaniels at the helm. 

I think the Colts really infuriated a lot of their fan base with what happened last year and I expect a lot more transparency this year. 

It is January now. By draft time we will know the details. All the speculation now is just spinning wheels for no reason IMO. 

• Like 3