Sign in to follow this  
Chaco Chicken

Avisail Garcia 2018 Outlook

On 7/1/2018 at 7:33 PM, sleepysock said:

I've never seen a player with a greater disparity between raw power and HR production. This guy should be hitting 30-40 bombs a year. At this point I think he is what he is. He might hit .280 ROS, but you'll get maybe 10 home runs and nothing else out of him. 

So, uh, maybe I was wrong. He's hitting some monster shots right now. Game power meeting raw power. Who knows, maybe he's good for another 15-18 jacks this year. 

He came in to today with a 49.5% GB rate and only 29.7% FB rate on the season. His HR/FB has always been pretty good, but I want to see more fly balls before I'm a believer.

• Like 1

Dude is poker hot since returning from the DL. Add anywhere you can and ride it while it lasts.

18 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Well he did hit well over .300 last year. 

And under .257 for the three years prior. Hard guy to figure out.

Most important stay to me right now... since his DL return he's hit 39% got balls... was a 26% before DL and 28% last year, career 26%.

He needs to keep the added trajectory.

4 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

another homer.  just a hot streak or a guy breaking out?  

I advised to sell high in the buy low/sell high and boy am I glad I didn’t listen to my own advice... I think last year was the break out batting .333 in over 500 ABs- now he’s just showing off

4 hours ago, Lux Aeterna ll said:

Yeah, dude’s en fuego. Has been dominant since coming off the DL. He’s raised his WRC+ by over 70 points since he got back in June. 

5F2642CF-E809-405F-BDE6-EBF4B2B740C5.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Anyone know why he left the game?? 

Tight right hammy, day to day. 

Hopefully he just needs a few days off, would be terrible if it was an extended DL stint again. 

• Like 1

Hope he comes back picking up where he left off. Could be a player that develops his power later in his career, was mashing and had a good 2017.

Edited by tonywow

10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Damn

Agree ... he was a spectacular add in my 20 team league 

i scooped him when he was on the DL 

i will not be dropping him

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Agree ... he was a spectacular add in my 20 team league 

i scooped him when he was on the DL 

i will not be dropping him

yea after what we saw the last 10 days - I can't drop him on general principle.  he was homering basically every other game.

I just noticed,  according to his player blurb on ESPN he is expected to return right after All-Star break.  Great news.  Then I noticed how much he's been dropped in Yahoo leagues over the last couple days.  Perhaps the reason for all Yahoo!'s drops is their blurb(fromRotoworld) on Yahoo suggests that he's going to require an extended absence.  Both blurbs came out the same day so somewhat confused on which one is more accurate.  I suppose we'll find out soon enough which one is correct. I just find it strange how different these reports are. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

I just noticed,  according to his player blurb on ESPN he is expected to return right after All-Star break.  Great news.  Then I noticed how much he's been dropped in Yahoo leagues over the last couple days.  Perhaps the reason for all Yahoo!'s drops is their blurb(fromRotoworld) on Yahoo suggests that he's going to require an extended absence.  Both blurbs came out the same day so somewhat confused on which one is more accurate.  I suppose we'll find out soon enough which one is correct. I just find it strange how different these reports are. 

Best advice don't follow Roto world blurbs or else your in for along season. Hope he's back soon can't drop after what he was doing.