nadertime78

Alan "Big Sauce" Williams 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Any info on him?   He should be back in the next month and probably has been forgotten about by most.  If the Suns clear out or shut down some centers the sauce could be boss to own come playoff time.   

I stashed him in IR last week before the 'rumblings' start coming out about a return date

18 minutes ago, wiz said:

Yes the center that actually won a few people championships last season

Im not doubting hes the best center of the bunch, but you're also arguing that the Suns deploy logic.. he'll start then get 2 DNPs and so on.. they could have Deandre Jordan and they would still DNP him

He is coming off an injury, I don't think he will get much minutes with or without the logjam.

Last season he came off an injury too and after a couple of weeks he was starting and playing in the high 20s.

Also Big Sauce is the guy that PHO have invested in long term last summer. They view him as their future , along Booker.

Edited by manolo_

16 minutes ago, manolo_ said:

Last season he came off an injury too and after a couple of weeks he was starting and playing in the high 20s.

Also Big Sauce is the guy that PHO have invested in long term last summer. They view him as their future , along Booker.

They view as their future backup probably, nothing to do with Booker.

2 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

They view as their future backup probably, nothing to do with Booker.

Why backup ? Dude is a beast when healthy. Team ranks him much higher than len for example. If they draft a big or trade for a big that could change but for now Williams is their future starter

29 minutes ago, manolo_ said:

Why backup ? Dude is a beast when healthy. Team ranks him much higher than len for example. If they draft a big or trade for a big that could change but for now Williams is their future starter

We probably have different definition of beast then. I don't see anything special in him. Monroe for example is much better in my opinion.

Monroe is better O. Williams is a walking 12/12/1/1,5 with 20+ mins played . He is like Noel but better rebounder/bigger

1 hour ago, manolo_ said:

Monroe is better O. Williams is a walking 12/12/1/1,5 with 20+ mins played . He is like Noel but better rebounder/bigger

I seriously doubt that he is really that because he would find much more than 6M on the market. He is nothing like Noel as a player in my opinion.

Blocks and steals were under 1 both, not sure where the numbers you posted come from unless you just adjusted his numbers for more minutes which isn't right. For example during March in 24 mins he was 11/10/0.8/0.9 with 4 fouls. Not bad at all, but only if you adjust these numbers with 30+ mins you might get the stocks you want, but I don't see him playing that much. Real life ball though I think he is worse than he is in fantasy and that's why I never see him becoming a starter.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1

Wasn't there a report stating the suns will

not rest/shutdown their veterans to tank. Maybe due to the Bledsoe fiasco. 

9 minutes ago, Shyke92 said:

Wasn't there a report stating the suns will

not rest/shutdown their veterans to tank. Maybe due to the Bledsoe fiasco. 

Yes there was...I owned Sauce last year but I am avoiding Phoenix these days....fantasy desert...:angry:

A series of changes required for Alan to become fantasy relevant this season. Until then, he shouldnt be considered even as a stash imo. He was more than serviceable to me last year but lets be realistic... he is not that good in real life. He is an undersized center who cant stretch the floor, inefficient who plays with intensity and strentgh. Suns may not be one of the smartest organizations in the league but there is no way they are thinking of him as their future starting Center. More like a descent back up Center who earned his contract late last season. One more thing, dont read to much into the fact that Suns payed Alan this Summer. Remember, they cut Mike James right after they cut D Jones Jr for him and gave him a 2 way contract, sooooo yeah, there is that (and all that just to sign Canaan, ugh). 

Edited by Manos A
  • Like 3

He reminds me of early manimal, before he started to peak but you knew something was there. Still makes me sad that he didn't pan out like we though he would after that great international showing

Edited by RCRanger03

It's about that time to stash