nadertime78

Alan "Big Sauce" Williams 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Am I missing something? Manimal...Noel...Williams is no where near their skill level. I owned him last year and he went off against a generally easy schedule for a few weeks last year (before becoming more inconsistent) but remember the Suns were basically a G-League team by that point even Ulis was putting up big #. Chandler was shut down, which he shouldn’t be this year based on what management has said, and team clearly wants to see a whole lot more Bender & Chriss.

 

Most of all though remember this was also another coach, Triano might not even be a fan. Worth watching but unless you’re in a crazy Deep league or are desperate for boards I’d leave him alone. He’s a below average nba player in real life and that always seems to catch up to guys in fantasy eventually. 

Edited by krupocin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, krupocin said:

Am I missing something? Manimal...Noel...Williams is no where near their skill level. I owned him last year and he went off against a generally easy schedule for a few weeks last year (before becoming more inconsistent) but remember the Suns were basically a G-League team by that point even Ulis was putting up big #. Chandler was shut down, which he shouldn’t be this year based on what management has said, and team clearly wants to see a whole lot more Bender & Chriss.

 

Most of all though remember this was also another coach, Triano might not even be a fan. Worth watching but unless you’re in a crazy Deep league or are desperate for boards I’d leave him alone. He’s a below average nba player in real life and that always seems to catch up to guys in fantasy eventually. 

Yeah he sucks. But doesn't matter in fantasy.   Double double machine when givin minutes. Just like you said last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Yeah he sucks. But doesn't matter in fantasy.   Double double machine when givin minutes. Just like you said last year. 

 

But that was my point...not only do I think the team is different this year where it’s less likely to happen partially Bc he sucks in real life (see Tyler Ulis end of last year vs this year), but I also think some people are misremembering what he did. Take a look at 2016-17 Game Log (LINK). It was really only a 10 game span or so against mostly non playoff or short handed teams where he was on fire, after which he came back to Earth and wasn’t grabbing as many boards or points (only a couple double doubles after) and he was averaging about 1 block/steal combined. The reason I remember this is Bc I was playing for the finals in that league and had to drop him earlier in the playoffs even though I loved my waiver wire find and even almost screwed myself over by getting sentimental and holding him too long. Do what you want ofc, I’ve been wrong before, and Len’s ankles are definitely looking weak asf these days but this PHX situation is different this year and last year wasn’t as magical as people are remembering haha.

Edited by krupocin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is he a pick up in 12 teamer playoff starts next week for me and I have bye. I need to improve my rebound #s and dd to have  chance to win a championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmoney0111 said:

is he a pick up in 12 teamer playoff starts next week for me and I have bye. I need to improve my rebound #s and dd to have  chance to win a championship. 

That would be the most likely catergories to help you.

 

Go on and get Saucy

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has a 3 year contract with the Suns so they will still see what he can do.

 

Watched him last year and he is more offensively skilled than Faried and Noel. Better positional awareness and can post up. He takes up a lot of space as he’s wide and knows how to use it. Sets big picks and rolls well, cleaving space as he does so; plus he also plays with effort.

 

What he truly has going against him is he’s undersized and not athletic. There’s also the risk that he doesn’t push himself hard as he now has the contract - plus he was inconsistent with his jumpers (and from the line).

 

Free throw shooting should be the easiest thing to fix as he can stay immobile*

 

Suns have tough matchups vs good defensive teams this week though )sans the Cavs game) vs GS / Utah; So next week may be a better time to add.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

 

I am hesitate to trust this source as the profile picture used is Will Ferrell. But yea, Big Sauce can definitely be a game changer

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, zass17 said:

I am hesitate to trust this source as the profile picture used is Will Ferrell. But yea, Big Sauce can definitely be a game changer

 

:lol:

 

The Verified checkmark means nothing to you, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assigned to G-League today will play on Saturday. I need a big man with dd potential is he worth it? I don’t know what to expect from hik coming from that injury and the suns big man rotation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* bump *

 

Big Sauce is back, any potential for a double double the rest of season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.