Homerj24

David Price 2018 Outlook

Anyone see it? How serious was it... :’(

42 minutes ago, fingy said:

Anyone see it? How serious was it... :’(

A contusion at the moment. Gonna be looked at further apparently so hopefully that's all it is

What a stud. Thought about sitting him vs the Astros but decided against it. 

Went 6.1ip then got pulled after allowing 2 runners on. Which of course the bullpen promptly let score. He should have been allowed to finish the inning, he was cruising. sub 1 whip and 10 k's

Posted (edited)
Edited by absknicks

5.28 ERA in 18 post season starts? Thats what 128 million gets you? They could have had Pomeranz do that for a hell of a lot less. The whoos continue against the Yankees for Price.

One of the things I find most compelling about sports are good player performing poorly when the spotlight really bright. I love it when they just can't seem to figure it out and then suddenly do.

Watching Kershaw go 8IP was awesome. We've talked a lot about his postseasons on these forums, and I sit firmly in the camp of "He isn't as bad as it seems, but a few select innings destroyed his overall numbers." But 8IP? Awesome.

I was really rooting for Price to figure something out. It's such a shame that this guy chokes so hard in the postseason, especially since he's been such a workhorse his entire career. To sign with Boston and suddenly become a joke, to pitch fantastic in 2018 and falter in the ALDS sucks.

11 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

I was really rooting for Price to figure something out. It's such a shame that this guy chokes so hard in the postseason, especially since he's been such a workhorse his entire career. To sign with Boston and suddenly become a joke, to pitch fantastic in 2018 and falter in the ALDS sucks.

That is a matter of your perspective lol.  He should start more games imo lol.

• Haha 1

Probably shoulda played more Fortnight so he coulda missed the game.

The dude is a major choker. GOAT. I read he's the first SP to not have a win in 10 postseason GS? ERA 6+.

Another stinker vs. HOU.

Telling that after giving up 4 runs in less than 5IP, Fenway actually cheered for him.

What is it like the first game that a team has won a postseason game that Price started?

Edited by papasmurf

It was game 5 and his team was up 3-1 so he had a lot of leeway, but still give him credit for a W.