AnonymousRob

Ryan Braun 2018 Outlook

Anybody think this might be a good chance to sell him with Thames coming back and all?

One thing I'll say about Braun, when he's playing he is about a 85/25/85/20/.280 player. Thats 3rd round value! And I'm using this season and past 3 years to back that up so there is plenty of data.

Could be a huge stud if he gets regular PT ur not finding 3rd round value that easy everywhere

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

One thing I'll say about Braun, when he's playing he is about a 85/25/85/20/.280 player. Thats 3rd round value! And I'm using this season and past 3 years to back that up so there is plenty of data.

Could be a huge stud if he gets regular PT ur not finding 3rd round value that easy everywhere

I agree, he is underrated. Speed is such a scarce commodity and he still offers something there. The PT situation and Braun's propensity to get hurt are the obvious concerns but he is a bad guy to move. Those two concerns are palpable to all and you'll never get in return what Braun has the potential to be. 

Edited by IceGoat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

Anybody think this might be a good chance to sell him with Thames coming back and all?

You mean drop?

40 minutes ago, IceGoat said:

I agree, he is underrated. Speed is such a scarce commodity and he still offers something there. The PT situation and Braun's propensity to get hurt are the obvious concerns but he is a bad guy to move. Those two concerns are palpable to all and you'll never get in return what Braun has the potential to be. 

But PT concerns and injury concerns can go away. The fact he has 3rd round talent when he plays vs. L/R is a big step to being 3rd round value overall. For most players who have "3rd round potential", its playing well enough thats the issue. Braun is a lot closer than people think.

11 hours ago, street sharks said:

no one that didnt draft braun is buying. if you believed you drafted

6 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I don't know how much longer I can do this

Don't worry, right when you're about to cut Braun will have a HR+SB game and you'll be locked into ownership for another month.

Posted (edited)

So glad I cut bait with this idiot. He’s a hold in 12’s (probably) but an easy cut in 10’s.

Edited by hangin n wangin

Yeah I cut him yesterday before he was day to day. Can’t wait for him to return and mash on someone else’s team.

Thought I got him at a decent price on draft day. Guess the joke is on me 

Is this guy worth keeping around on a 14 teamer ? 

8 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

dl'd strained back

this is getting a little ridiculous 

Not for Aguilar and Thames.  Grab some pine when you return, Braun.

15 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Not for Aguilar and Thames.  Grab some pine when you return, Braun.

production is there for braun when he plays 10/7  35/31 in only 234 abs

production while healthy. lot of rest days/minor inj

would love 3-4 games a week and no DL trips but that seems unlikely 

Being activated tomorrow against Kershaw. I think I'll keep my fingers crossed that he has some life in that bat and legs and give him a week or two before cutting bait in 10/12 teamers. Hold anything 14 team plus - especially categories leagues

23 minutes ago, Gotham_Soldier said:

He has looked good the last 7-10 days.  Maybe primed for a big finish?  Milwaukee lineup is very deep

Definitely possible. But you better have some bench depth because the dude sits out every 3rd day.

13 hours ago, Gotham_Soldier said:

He has looked good the last 7-10 days.  Maybe primed for a big finish?  Milwaukee lineup is very deep

He's still very solid, and even though MIL is deep offensively he's going to play most days this late in the season (and postseason hopes alive) as long as he's healthy.

Hits 2 dingers yesterday, think to myself....I should grab him off the wire....then think, nah he'll be hurt soon.

Check player news today:

4048.jpg

Ryan Braun exited Wednesday's game against the Cubs with tightness in his rib cage.

Braun was pinch hit for in the top of the fifth inning because of the rib injury. He'll likely undergo testing, and we should have a further update on his status after the completion of Wednesday's game.
Aug 15 - 4:04 PM

2 hours ago, billofwa said:

Going off the roids really has been noticable with this guy.

And what is really sad is he's still pretty damn good. No doubt he's made of paper and has it made in the shade.

Can we stick a fork in this guy? Anyone know if between Thames,granderson and santana this guys pretty much useless? Or will he be expected to play the last week?

Congrats to those who had the courage to start him this week. What a monster week so far. 5 HR and 7 RBI already….