AnonymousRob

Ryan Braun 2018 Outlook

50 minutes ago, KTOWNRACER said:

There is talk around Twitter of a potential trade involving Braun and Kemp. May just be held out because of that. 

If that happens and Braun is in LA, how would everyone feel about it from a fantasy angle?

Great park situation to a terrible one. Lineup about the same strength. Pretty crowded in LAD OF even with some PAs open due to the Turner injury... Think it might actually be a slight downgrade if it happens. But that assumes Braun actually plays in Milwaukee so... 

David Stearns has said that there is no truth to the rumors.  He actually thought it was an April Fools' joke. 

Good.  Doesn't really make sense for either team, and doesn't sound good to fantasy owners.  

Stearns Shoots Down Rumors

50 minutes ago, papaphunk said:

^^^^

Hasn't done much since....folks still holding this guy ? 

Yeah. Because in a 14-teamer, don't see better options on the WW. 

He is done and an easy drop in 10 team league. Hold in 12 in case he gets lucky but he is terrible and useless now

Edited by Dr. Whom

A lot of trigger happy people in here.  At least park him on your bench for a few weeks.  The only way he's out of my lineup is if he's hurt or if he starts losing more playing time because he's sucking so bad.

Fantasy baseball is a marathon guys, it's April 13th.  I suppose you should be dropping Springer, Seager, Encarnacion etc.

1 hour ago, The Dirtdog said:

Fantasy baseball is a marathon guys, it's April 13th.  I suppose you should be dropping Springer, Seager, Encarnacion etc.

I know, call me bias I just have never liked him.. I also don't want to deal when he inevitably gets hurt whether due to age or PED use, just think he has the nice sounding name... I'm waiting for that next hoskins ;)

• Thanks 1

He got an at bat today, for those counting on Braun in some shape form or fashion, guess that's good news. 

Anybody starting him this week?  Not in the lineup tonight but the fact that he's not on the DL and he did get an AB last night has gotta be a little encouraging.  It is Braun though so he's just as likely to go on the DL tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Only hitting .395/.415/.737 with 2 SB in the 12 games since 4/13 (ie, when folks floated the topping about dropping Braun)

Topic lol

• Like 1

Yeah I have several shares of Braun and satisfied.  Sure lots of days off (like today), but he's producing at a nice clip across the board. 

Yeah his numbers right now look normal, or what you would expect from him. I am content with the pick. The main thing that sucks is the lack of games, but with Thames out, there should be an increase in playing time. Additionally,  there is a good chance he gets first base eligibility in a couple of weeks. 

1b eligible in Espn now for those needing roster flexibility to make trades