AnonymousRob

Ryan Braun 2018 Outlook

1B eligibility doesn't help if he's not playing. This guy takes more days off than anyone i know. What a waste of talent - could've been top 5 year after year. 

• Like 1

At what point is he droppable?  Can now be a good time?  He's killing me...Last 14 days for Braun    (BA .139   2 R   0  HR  1 RBI)  Trying to be patient, it's hard.

Edited by Biig_Pressure21

1 hour ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

At what point is he droppable?  Can now be a good time?  He's killing me...Last 14 days for Braun    (BA .139   2 R   0  HR  1 RBI)  Trying to be patient, it's hard.

I'm in a small league and he's not a starter for me, but I'm considering dropping. I had moderately high expectations for him in the upgraded lineup. He's not the only Brewer who's gone MIA, but the lack of consistency early on is making it hard to hold in some leagues. I'm sure if he stays healthy he'll have decent numbers at the end, but wouldn't blame anyone from moving on. 

What's tough is if he stays healthy, does he still got enough to rattle off somewhat of a classic Braun season, or has the floor dropped to the point where most leagues some promising FAs might be a better bang for the buck.

3 minutes ago, joshd said:

You can't roster this guy in a weekly league. Is he droppable?

Depends on league size. I’ve got him on my bench in a 12 team, 5 outfielder league. He’s still got too much potential to give up on him there. 

I've had my share of good runs with Ryan Braun and have learned to deal with his constant days off, but it's getting to be too much. Plus, his performance isn't outweighing the constant missing of days. I am not dropping yet and probably won't this year, as there is still a lot of potential when he plays, but this will be the last year I own him.

Unless I see him fall to a 200 ADP next year. Then I'm back at square one.

Edited by hangin n wangin

This fool always gets injured on a monday.  Not that he's done anything the last few weeks anyway.  4 games in Colorado and doesn't do squat.  I've mildly defended him earlier in this thread but like everyone else, I'm at the end of my rope.  Unless you play in a daily lineup league I don't think he's draftable anymore.  The constant days off don't even seem to help keep him healthy.  The Brewers are better off just playing him everyday until his inevitable injury, put him on the dl, he comes back, rinse and repeat.

If anyone should be looking to do a couple of under the radar cycles it would be this guy.  Got nothing to lose at this point.  Pretty clear he’ll never be able to stay on field long enough to be of value without roids.

23 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

If anyone should be looking to do a couple of under the radar cycles it would be this guy.  Got nothing to lose at this point.  Pretty clear he’ll never be able to stay on field long enough to be of value without roids.

I realize you’re mostly joking but his next positive drug test would result in a 162 game suspension which would cost him about $18.5 million. He’s just going to whither away collecting gigantic paychecks and end up getting DFA’d in a year and a half or so. He’ll take lots of vacation days in the meantime between now and then.

4 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I realize you’re mostly joking but his next positive drug test would result in a 162 game suspension which would cost him about $18.5 million. He’s just going to whither away collecting gigantic paychecks and end up getting DFA’d in a year and a half or so. He’ll take lots of vacation days in the meantime between now and then.

True.  Didn’t think of financial impact.  So with that said he’s essentially done in the majors.

Hopefully they DL him, that would delay the decision to drop him - at least for awhile.  <_<

Whether he is droppable depends on league size. In my 15-teamer, he is not. But he and the rest of my banged up squad are frustrating. 

i got him in rd13 in draft but its getting hard not to cut him in a 12 team league.. hopefully he hits the DL tomm and we can all grab daniel descalso. Yuck

Activated for Thursday’s game, definitely looking to pick him up in hopes of a second half surge. He’s been sitting on waivers for awhile. 

He’s been back for 12 games, and he’s only started 7 of them.  That sucks.  I’m guessing that he goes on Friday and Saturday, and then sits again on Sunday.

What does the lineup look like when Thames gets back ? Will Braun stick in OF ? Short man on the list Aguilar and Santana ? 

Kind of reminds me of rostering Chipper Jones late in his career.  You just had to know he'd sit day games after night games and on getaway days.

If you can figure out their routine, they're still valuable.

Kind of like rostering a really good catcher I guess.

Braun has always killed Philly in Citizen’s Bank Ballpark. Nothing to see here, just business as usual.

Edited by Dislimb