Flyman75

Blake Snell 2018 Outlook

21 hours ago, exm said:

In fantasy BB Scherzer should be the top pitchers due to consistency, wins, Ks, Qs, health. Sale's health scares me. Severino needs to proof he can sustain a full level of SP1 production. Verlander I don't trust due to his age. deGrom has a career year but he's also in his 30s. MadBum and Kershaw are on the decline. That leads me to Snell and Nola (why isn't he mentioned?). Next year I will target Snell or Nola as my ace. My guess is 2nd/3rd rounders? I'll leave Scherzer/Sale/Verlander/Madbum/Kershaw as a headache (too high of a pick) to everyone else drafting.

Scherzer is 34, I think most of us are talking about Dynasty leagues and Snell is 25.  Give me 5-7 years of Snell over a handful of Scherzer at this point.  

• Like 1

forgot to mention sale vs snell al east comp. snell has to face nyy and bos, sale only has to face nyy so the east is less scary for bos and nyy sp

1 hour ago, heyeaglefn said:

Scherzer is 34, I think most of us are talking about Dynasty leagues and Snell is 25.  Give me 5-7 years of Snell over a handful of Scherzer at this point.  

I agree. Dynasty,keeper,re draft,whatever. Drafting pitchers in their mid 30s is not a recipe for success. I dont want the pitching version of miguel cabrera as one of my anchors.

3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

yea that's fine but sale had 5 years of track record and was already established as one of the best sp in baseball before moving to the East. snell has 1 year. sure he can continue to be a top 7 sp but it would be nice if snell had more track record . buehler stuff and numbers last 67 inn- 2.14 era 0.89 whip .171 baa 84'ks are on par with snell imo so im taking the sp in NL west

yes snell 2nd half numbers are better than buehler but I have seen enough from buehler to put him up there with snell if we are projecting the next 3 years

Snell has no track record.

Buehler over Snell.

Choose one.

6 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Snell has no track record.

Buehler over Snell.

Choose one.

I was saying snell has small track record compared to sale when someone was trying to compare sale and snell and how easy of a transition it was for sale to perform in the al east

5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

I don't think its crazy. AL east scares me.  I think I would take buehler in keeper 

Sawx couldn't touch Snell this year.   

Edited by Ratso1022

2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

16 of his ER came against bal and nyy

i left that out on purpose.   :rolleyes:    Those are the only 2 teams that hit him.  

Edited by Ratso1022

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

16 of his ER came against bal and nyy

If we're gonna discount Snell for being in the AL East even when he was untouchable against Boston, mind as well also consider Snell improving against BAL and NYY next year. That said, he's probably not going to have a sub-2 ERA ever again, especially while he's in the AL East. Would still take him over Buehler in a keeper though.

And fair enough to your other post - I misread it.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 7:32 PM, Cesare13 said:

Degrom is 7th in the NL predictor? 

ESPN is garbage but when you're only 10-9, it hurts. 

So whats the consensus on Snell moving forward in 2019 and beyond - was 2018 a sign of things to come or was 2018 a bit above his head and we'll expect some regression?  I have a keeper team with my pitching anchors being Scherzer and Kluber.   I'd like to get my pitching younger (I dont have a keeper hitter over age 26) and am looking to package scherzer or kluber with a young stud hitter for a young stud pitcher and draft picks.   Will getting snell set me back with regression or keep my pitching quality on par?

IMO Snell regresses, i think his WHIP and ERA fall a solid bit. You would be buying High and selling low in that deal 

You can do better then Snell in that package 

2018 Fantasy Baseball MVP

If you drafted Snell and didn't finish in the money .... well I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 2