Flyman75

Blake Snell 2018 Outlook

Not a chance in pope I start him @ NYY this week, just cannot but if he does good, gidde up!!

At home id throw him out there. This is probably the toughest place to pitch so Im having to pass.

Risk with AL east pitchers. Just hope he avoids having to pitch there too much this season.

there's a lot of swing and miss in that lineup.  I think Snell shows up big in this spot.  Rolling him out in QS leagues, benching in W-only leagues.

• Like 1

I'm starting him too.  It's going to be like this all year for AL east pitchers.  Boston is a worse matchup IMO. 

Yankees put Romine and Torreyes into the lineup today so the lineup isn't as deep as it typically would be. Still has to get through Judge-Stanton-Sanchez-Gregorious in the middle of the order, though. 

38 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I’m counting on a break out year from Snell. I don’t leave that on my bench. It could backfire but ask me if I care.

Do you care?

• Like 1

That lead off "hit" from Gardner was a bit of a joke...  I hate the way errors are scored in MLB.   That should have been an out with competent defense at 2B.  

He's attacking the zone very aggressively, and made a mistake on 0-2 to Stanton and paid for it.  That probably should have been a solo shot though...

2 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

That lead off "hit" from Gardner was a bit of a joke...  I hate the way errors are scored in MLB.   That should have been an out with competent defense at 2B.  

He's attacking the zone very aggressively, and made a mistake on 0-2 to Stanton and paid for it.  That probably should have been a solo shot though...

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

Lol another hurt fantasy owner.  It was clearly a hit to anyone who follows and understands the game.  Even if he fielded it clean no guarantee he gets the speedy Gardner.  Very tough play to get him out. 

• Like 1

At least the strikeouts are there so far. Pitching against all those meat heads in Yankee stadium is not easy, so he gets a pass from me in this one.

• Like 1

Stanton is gonna be trying for one hard today after yesterday - scary start on the road!  Next week CHW & PHI - so he'll probably dominate today and get blown up next week ......

Not a surprise giving up a couple of bombs there.

Just kept missing the plate outside too much. Needs to correct that, didn't throw enough strikes which is his bug bear.

15 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Lol another hurt fantasy owner.  It was clearly a hit to anyone who follows and understands the game.  Even if he fielded it clean no guarantee he gets the speedy Gardner.  Very tough play to get him out. 

Of course it was scored a hit, it was not an easy play that he just botched.  That's why I said "I hate how errors are scored" and not "that should have been scored an error."

It was not an easy play, but it seemed to me like it was hit hard enough that he had time to make it a close play at first but not so hard that he couldn't range over to field it.  Second base is high on the defensive spectrum because tough plays like this are expected to be made fairly often.

He did range to it (I would argue he was a little late on it but I suppose he could have been positioned further away than normal) and it bounced out of his glove and a throw was not attempted.  I guess my problem with the way errors are scored is that the defender always gets the benefit of the doubt at the expense of a pitcher.  It's one thing to field the ball and make a tough throw that's late, and it's another for the ball to bounce out of your glove and there isn't even a play at first.

8 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

If you’re going to sit him against the White Sox what is the point in keeping him?

Yep, gotta roll him out vs CHW or he's just plugging up a roster spot.  If he cant find the zone again I'm fine to go on and cut him as it'll likely be yet another year of him yo-yo-ing on and off the wire.  I really hope he gets back on track,  thought this was the year for him.