Flyman75

Blake Snell 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Helms said:

19 k’s his last starts(12.1 ip) and only 2 runs allowed. 6 hits total. 

yeah and five walks. Dont get me wrong, its still under a 1.00 WHIP and he has been fantastic the last two starts, but your statement, while true, is a little misleading. 

3 minutes ago, TXTaz said:

yeah and five walks. Dont get me wrong, its still under a 1.00 WHIP and he has been fantastic the last two starts, but your statement, while true, is a little misleading. 

No walks this game. 

Edited by Helms
  • Like 1

Don’t look now but because of tonight’s postponement Snell is now lined up to face the Sox at Fenway Park on Friday as opposed to facing the O’s at Camden Yards on Thursday. :angry:

Edited by countingcrow

On 4/24/2018 at 11:35 PM, terminator10 said:

Still starting him in Fenway. Snell is an ace.

Final test to "start every time"-dom for me. Passed on the Yankees and it was right.

If it was home I'd trust him, just not on the road at Fenway yet. Really hope he can pass it, 6 innings 3 runs there would be a big success.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm benching him tomorrow and would also be happy to see him come away with 6 innings and 3 ER. 

Benched him away @nyy and that move move paid off. I still think it’s too early to trust him @ Boston. Anyone else brave enough to start him or are we holding off this week? 

His stuff looks great so far. He's got good velocity and been working a nasty change, showing some nice command.

Recently acquired him, but couldn't bring myself to start him tonight.  Bummed I may miss a good start, but will be thrilled going forward if he lights it up tonight.

I too benched him tonight but this has given me more confidence to start him in other difficult matchups. He looked good tonight. 

3 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I too benched him tonight but this has given me more confidence to start him in other difficult matchups. He looked good tonight. 

He’s looked good every start except one. This guy is pitching like an ace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

That feel when you started Pomeranz instead.

Right there with you.  I suppose going forward I'll start Snell with the sole exception of Yankee stadium.

What a performance. Not benching this young stud again.

Tampa Bay Rays starting pitcher Blake Snell earned his fourth win of the young season versus Boston Friday. He went 7 1/3 innings allowing two runs and striking out nine. He is now 4-1 with a 2.52 ERA on the season. Snell just recently turned 25 years old but already had 218 1/3 innings pitched in the majors going into 2018. The most obvious strength of Snell's young career was his 217 strikeouts coming into the season, showing that he is a power pitcher that can make a difference in fantasy lineups. Snell is more of a fourth or fifth fantasy starter with plenty of upside for fantasy.

Rotoworld's idiocy strikes again.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

What a performance. Not benching this young stud again.

Rotoworld's idiocy strikes again.

Ridiculous. He could very well end up being an SP2 on a lot of teams by the end of the season.

It's not THAT ridiculous is it? Pitcherlist has him as the 33rd ranked pitcher, which is pretty much 4th starter. he has the upside of a SP2 but as it stands now he's more of a SP3/4 with upside.

2 hours ago, rlaalsrb said:

It's not THAT ridiculous is it? Pitcherlist has him as the 33rd ranked pitcher, which is pretty much 4th starter. he has the upside of a SP2 but as it stands now he's more of a SP3/4 with upside.

Pitcherlist isn't updated to last night's game. Could easily see him leapfrogging a few guys to ~25ish..in which case he'd be a SP2/3. At this point I think that's a fair place with bonafide SP2 upside.

Just now, Jyeatbvg said:

Pitcherlist isn't updated to last night's game. Could easily see him leapfrogging a few guys to ~25ish..in which case he'd be a SP2/3. At this point I think that's a fair place with bonafide SP2 upside.

This. I consider him a top 25 SP ROS.