Flyman75

Blake Snell 2018 Outlook

There wasn't many hard hits against him aside from a hit from Betts and Jmart. The first run might not have scored if their 1B gave a better toss to Snell who had to cove 1B on a IF hit someone had. The toss was behind him and Snell couldnt handle it which led to a runner getting to third and eventually scoring.

He was hitting 95-96 all night even into the deep innings. Being a pitcher known to struggle with command, if you'd seen him pitch last night, you could never guess this is someone who struggled with command at all. He's had nasty velo differential between his FB, change, and slider I think he was throwing. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dunkaroos said:

Another QS today but only 4 k's. 

Although we'd all like to see more Ks, I don't think anyone is complaining with the continued BB trend. 

• Like 1

Seeing that he's one of the hottest pitchers in MLB, there's no benching him, but that Braves lineup is a bit scary...

2 hours ago, Yanks#1 said:

Seeing that he's one of the hottest pitchers in MLB, there's no benching him, but that Braves lineup is a bit scary...

Braves are a tad scary but he's got them at home so no worries here. 

27 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Braves are a tad scary but he's got them at home so no worries here. 

Don't you dare jinx our boy Blake. He's gonna get hammered!

• Haha 1

a ton of young talent in this matchup.  Snell vs Newcomb and  Albies, Acuna

potential to be a great game

I refuse to invest in any TB pitching. AL BEAST and the Rays can't score a lick. If not for that, I would have invested in Snell. Lots of K's.

3 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

I refuse to invest in any TB pitching. AL BEAST and the Rays can't score a lick. If not for that, I would have invested in Snell. Lots of K's.

Your loss.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Don't you dare jinx our boy Blake. He's gonna get hammered!

My bad, I even had him in my lineup so I thought the jinx was 100% on. Satisfied even tho he got the L

My mother was offended by that performance today. 

• Like 1

Stuff was fine just really couldn't command it well. Fastball especially wasn't blowing it by hitters like usual.

O's are really hot and pounded the pen after he exited, so they deserve a lot of credit too. Still throwing him out there anywhere but Yankee stadium going forward.

• Like 1

Yahoo! Has him listed as day to day, am I missing something here?? 

Anyone worried about starting him in weekly leagues with the sore hip?

2 hours ago, countingcrow said:

Sore hip...expected to make next start per TB’s Kevin Cash.

more like sore a** from getting it kicked repeatedly.

• Haha 1

So what's your comfort level against LAA tonight ?

Coming off a lousy start and possibly a little banged up against a good lineup, curious what you guys think of his matchup tonight. Hes been a little worse on the road too.

19 minutes ago, tonywow said:

So what's your comfort level against LAA tonight ?

Coming off a lousy start and possibly a little banged up against a good lineup, curious what you guys think of his matchup tonight. Hes been a little worse on the road too.

I'm starting him... Upton likely to be out of LAA lineup after getting hit on hand last night.

Road stats skewed by starts at NYY and then last week at BAL, otherwise has been good/great

• Like 1

Always a tough matchup when facing Boston. Even though he pitched very well against them in the end of March at home and again in the end of April in Boston I’m still not too confident in starting him. I will start him because he’s been good all year but it wouldn’t surprise me if he has a rough time tonight. 

Fun facts he's never hit a batter in his 53 starts. Also tied with Max/Verlander for most starts this year with 2 or less ERs.

• Like 2

Guys like Snell (elite pedigree, mediocre start to majors career) are showing a market inefficiency when it comes to fantasy drafts. People, myself included, tend to discount these young guys after a bad start to their career despite their pedigree, only for them to break out and completely dominate. Same thing happened with Severino a couple of years ago too. Definitely going to keep my eye on other guys that fit this mold next season.

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Guys like Snell (elite pedigree, mediocre start to majors career) are showing a market inefficiency when it comes to fantasy drafts. People, myself included, tend to discount these young guys after a bad start to their career despite their pedigree, only for them to break out and completely dominate. Same thing happened with Severino a couple of years ago too. Definitely going to keep my eye on other guys that fit this mold next season.

Quick, go add Glasnow! 

Just kidding. I do agree with this for the most part but it’s not quite that simple. For most of these guys it’s purely their command and control. Some find it, many others do not. 

• Haha 1