Bastardo!

Keenan Allen 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, tpat30 said:

I would lose a player on my bye...sad...

You're a lucky SOB you were on a bye, the rest of us are hosed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Have Allen in my two leagues. In semis in both. Was 60 percent favorite in both heading into last night's game. Now 40 percent to win in both league. Had Allen been a little less than his average I'd be at 50 percent in both match ups. This Allen injury was a true crap sandwich the fantasy gods served us. I just hope my opponents get served up some equally disappetizing. 

Any updates on the injury from beat writers, team bloggers, insiders, or hack reporters and the like?

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Any updates on the injury from beat writers, team bloggers, insiders, or hack reporters and the like?

Haven't heard anything.  And with the way these things have gone under reported this year, it wouldn't surprise me if it's a few days before we even hear anything.  

8 minutes ago, bigblue592 said:

This guy is made of glass! 

Keenan played 30 straight games without an injury. If anything, he has been one of the more durable WRs the last couple of years (guys like Green/Odell/Hilton/Adams/Diggs have all missed more time the last two years). 

Just because he got people a goose egg in the fantasy playoffs doesn't make him injury prone. Players get knocked out of games every week. Keenan had played 30 straight games without an injury. And at least he tried to tough it out and  get back in the game. 

• Thanks 1

Still got a whole slate of games to be played

Some of us will survive this disaster! Gonna be an uphill battle for sure (especially for us Rivers/Keenan stackers), but I’ve come back from worse. 

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

Keenan played 30 straight games without an injury. If anything, he has been one of the more durable WRs the last couple of years (guys like Green/Odell/Hilton/Adams/Diggs have all missed more time the last two years). 

Just because he got people a goose egg in the fantasy playoffs doesn't make him injury prone. Players get knocked out of games every week. Keenan had played 30 straight games without an injury. And at least he tried to tough it out and  get back in the game. 

Depends on your definition of tough it out...he came out for one play and basically took a few steps and bent over. 

1 hour ago, JDE said:

Still got a whole slate of games to be played

Some of us will survive this disaster! Gonna be an uphill battle for sure (especially for us Rivers/Keenan stackers), but I’ve come back from worse. 

This gives me hope^^^^^^^^

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

Sure, if he was drafted at the start of last year, you would have a point. But over the course of his career since 2013, he’s played a full 16 games only once. I know some of these are freak injuries, but he’s just not a reliable player to trust each year. 

• Like 1

It really sucks that he got hurt, but he got hurt doing what we've all come to love and appreciate about this guy.  He gave it his absolute all to try and make that TD grab and damn near had it.  None of us would be crying about it if he made the catch.  It's part of the game.  If it weren't for Keenan Allen I doubt I'd even be in the playoffs tbh.  He pretty much carried my team down the stretch.  I'm just going to hope my opponent's players underperform (Kelce kinda already did) and maybe get a big game from a player or two of mine and hopefully he'll be good to go for the championship.  If not, I think we all owe him some gratitude for what he did for our teams after the Chargers bye week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Anyone else have the KA/LAC kicker stack?

Worked out well.

Right here. Also went up against the Rivers/Damien freaking Williams stack. Loving life right about now. 

4 minutes ago, bigblue592 said:

Sure, if he was drafted at the start of last year, you would have a point. But over the course of his career since 2013, he’s played a full 16 games only once. I know some of these are freak injuries, but he’s just not a reliable player to trust each year. 

No one is drafting with 2013 in mind in 2018.  

7 minutes ago, cizastro said:

It really sucks that he got hurt, but he got hurt doing what we've all come to love and appreciate about this guy.  He gave it his absolute all to try and make that TD grab and damn near had it.  None of us would be crying about it if he made the catch.  It's part of the game.  If it weren't for Keenan Allen I doubt I'd even be in the playoffs tbh.  He pretty much carried my team down the stretch.  I'm just going to hope my opponent's players underperform (Kelce kinda already did) and maybe get a big game from a player or two of mine and hopefully he'll be good to go for the championship.  If not, I think we all owe him some gratitude for what he did for our teams after the Chargers bye week. 

So he gets us to the playoffs to just lose it for us? Might be better off just not making it tbh.

1 minute ago, mpaynejr said:

No one is drafting with 2013 in mind in 2018.  

One full season in 5 years. If you want to continue drafting him, then so be it. That’s up to you. I know he really wanted to come back into the game and Im thankful for all the games he did well in this year. But bottom line is this is the third time I’ve had him where he either gets hurt in the playoffs or is unavailable for them. I just don’t think he’s reliable. But to others, he might be.

10 minutes ago, cizastro said:

touching story. Send him an edible arrangement <_<

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stubben said:

This gives me hope^^^^^^^^

Last week alone, in the first round of the playoffs, my 1pm roster slate was Cam Newton (14.55 pts), James White (2.2 pts), Chris Godwin (1.3 pts), and Tre’Quan Smith (0 pts, thanks for that one Quan)

And my opponent still had Gurley and Goff left to go. Thought I had a zero percent chance of advancing, but then George Kittle decided to put my entire team on his back, Gurley and Goff forgot to show up, and the rest is history.

Don’t get me wrong, many of us Keenan Allen owners won’t survive to see next week, but his injury is far from a death sentence.

Hang in there guys

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, bigblue592 said:

Because Keenan Allen is the only fantasy player to not play 16 games every season. 

9 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Because Keenan Allen is the only fantasy player to not play 16 games every season. 

Because that’s exactly what I said 

Keep drafting him. 3 of past 4 years he either gets hurt in playoffs or isn’t available to play. 

Edited by bigblue592

2 minutes ago, bigblue592 said:

Because that’s exactly what I said 

So you acknowledge that he has suffered some freak injuries but also say he is unreliable. Any player can suffer a freak injury at any time, even the player who you once thought was "reliable" as you say. 

If we are talking about guys who continually deal with soft tissue injuries or even concussions, that is one thing, but that has not been the case with Keenan over his career. 

Also, Keenan has often come at a discount on draft day because of his injury history, so obtaining a player with his production in later rounds is often a great value because he still has about the same chance of getting injured as other players do. 

And if he misses only this game and returns next week, are we still going to say this injury proves he is not "reliable"?