Letitbe793

Dylan Bundy 2018 Outlook

29 minutes ago, The Bronx Bozo said:

This guy has been lights out so far.. @Bos tomorrow is a VERY tough ask tho. 

Anyone keeping him on the bench (my gut says bench) or is he a must-start every time out guy already??

Betts will likely be taking a seat tomorrow im assuming.  I’m starting regardless but that will make the decision easier for a lot of people.  

Looks like game time temp in 30s tomorrow.  Not sure if thats better for Bundy or Boston but its hard to sit him right now.  No Betts is definitely a plus. 

24 minutes ago, mtw02 said:

Looks like game time temp in 30s tomorrow.  Not sure if thats better for Bundy or Boston but its hard to sit him right now.  No Betts is definitely a plus. 

rain/sleet expected, probably gonna get postponed.

Looked very good today again.  Deserved a much better fate.  Valencia's garbage defense cost him 2 runs and a QS.

24 minutes ago, nykid1981 said:

Looked very good today again.  Deserved a much better fate.  Valencia's garbage defense cost him 2 runs and a QS.

And multiple hits.  Line much worse than his actual performance.  He looked very good against a Red hot team in their home park.

What a pleasant surprise Dylan's been for those of us grabbing him late in our drafts.  Solidly outperforming middle-round guys at this point.

Another fantastic start.  On the ropes in first.  Took 32 pitches to get through one.  k’s side in 6th at his 110th pitch to regroup and only allow 1 ER.  This guy is legit breakout. 

• Like 2

The way he finished was extremely encouraging and hopefully a sign of the confidence and experience he needs as an ace.

He was close to 100 pitches, sensed the finish line, and relied on his slider and changeup to get swinging strike after swinging strike and end with an exclamation point.

Had a choice between him and Walker as a cheap keeper, decided to go Walker - think its gonna be one of those moves you look back at as a complete season changer

I just finished watching all Bundy's starts this year. Extremely impressive. This last Cleveland outing checked all the remaining boxes I think. They threw a ton of lefties at him and forced him to utilize the Change-Up and it's still not the consistent offerign his Slider is but it flashed Plus throughout that game. He has the intangibles. Still only 25 Years Old. The Injury problems aren't such that I'm overly concerned for his future.

I think Bundy is finally entering that perennial top 10-15 SP class. And sooner than later. 

• Like 2

This is what we call a ruthless massacre.  This end line will be absolutely hideous.  It’s goig to get worse.  Brace yourselves. 

• Like 1

MEDIIIIIC!  I need a tourniquet over here on the double!

• Like 1

Any particular reason Buck kept him in for so long? did he want Bundy's ERA to go up as high as the other starters in the rotation so they didn't feel so alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

if your trying to trade for him after that blowup use caution so that the owner doesnt clearly see how your trying to buy after his worst start of the season, those discussions will end rather quickly in that case, because bundy is still nice and i too dont believe his performance is not a fluke this season

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

On 23/04/2018 at 4:52 AM, taobball said:

I think Bundy is finally entering that perennial top 10-15 SP class. And sooner than later. 

Well that was a bit of a jynx. What the heck went wrong last night, simple as couldnt get ahead with the fastball to put away with his offspeed?

To get blown by the Rays really just typifies baseball.

We have to cut Bundy some slack here....No pitcher has been any match for the ferocious CJ Cron barrage lately ;)

Didnt he start hot last year too, then tailed off?   Maybe he is just average and nothing more.

22 minutes ago, nykid1981 said:

Didnt he start hot last year too, then tailed off?   Maybe he is just average and nothing more.

IMO there's a difference between a hot start and playing like an utterly dominant SP at the top of his game for a number of starts to begin a season. I'm definitely leaning towards giving Bundy the benefit of the doubt over one start when the open to the season has been so good.

He just wanted to get home and watch the draft is all. 

• Like 1