• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Letitbe793

Dylan Bundy 2018 Outlook

Apparently he didn't record a single swinging strike on any of the 31 fastballs he threw... that's just crazy.

Wish I could have watched it. I need to see if he was off or if the Rays had a good approach on him and weren't letting him groove 1st pitch strikes. Or both. I agree that the way he was pitching prior to this start indicated that he was learning how to "pitch" with his arsenal instead of just throwing. in today's hitting environment, expecting a pitcher to not have a few bad starts in unrealistic. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Apparently he didn't record a single swinging strike on any of the 31 fastballs he threw... that's just crazy.

That tells me they were guessing right or knew what was coming. Or he had no command of his offspeed stuff and was getting into predictable counts. Or his velocity was down, which I doubt. 

Edited by Professor Turgeson

Didn't get a chance to watch the game so much (am doing so now)s-- 

He wasn't sharp particularly in command, but he didn't look awful and definitely had his fair share of bad bounces. Thru the first 2 innings he gave up 2 HRs on 2 mistake locations. The on base runners both got there a little fortunately. Span could've been rung up on the 3-2 or in general bundy could've gotten another call in that AB, and Wendle's double is a well executed pitch about four inches above the zone that he just misses.

The HR he gave up to Cron was on an 0-2 count. 

3rd Inning defense gave him no favors. Lead-off single by Gomez was called an infield single. Was a tough play. But many third baseman better than Danny Valencia glove that ball and get Gomez at first. Then a slow bouncing grounder that *just* outstretches past the Second baseman. The third hit of the inning was another grounder/bouncer, this time through the left side. Then gets another GIDP ball, the O's can't turn it and are a bit slow. Get a FC and runner's at the corners. (Danny Valencia should've gotten the lead runner though). So now you have four soft-reasonably hit ground balls producing a run and 3 singles. Gives up another RBI seeing-eye single to Ramos. Mallex Smith beats out another infield Single. 

As a whole on the inning I believe he had 5 Singles, none of which were in the air when they got out of the infield. Multiple of which would/could have been double play balls in the right sequence. 

And then in the fifth, there's not as much specific. It was as the commentary said-- a slog. So at this point it's just been a long day and the command just still isn't there. 

But again-- both HRs had a bit of luck to them. Not in the HR themselvs but in the fact that Span took a 3-2 pitch and Wendle got a bit of a lucky base hit prior to. Other than the HRs though I'm not too concerned as a whole. He got hit around in the 3rd inning like just isn't really repeatable. 

FB Command was lackluster. He couldn't spot it and he knew it fast. He threw a TON of curveballs in this game compared to normal. He was junk-balling all game to try and keep hitters off the FB. Maybe it becomes an issue moving forward. I think he gets his FB back next start like most pitchers who have a bad day. 

• Like 3

This is starting to be reminiscent of last year when he showed some promise and then continuously got his teeth kicked in thereafter.  

1 minute ago, Picard56 said:

This is starting to be reminiscent of last year when he showed some promise and then continuously got his teeth kicked in thereafter.  

You could be right.  I’m not panicking yet.  But he was hitting 89 a few times in first.  The concern has always been how he responds to work load.  Giving up a 1-2 homer to Pujols is embarrassing. 

42 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

You could be right.  I’m not panicking yet.  But he was hitting 89 a few times in first.  The concern has always been how he responds to work load.  Giving up a 1-2 homer to Pujols is embarrassing. 

He's actually responded well since then. The homers were the only blemishes.

38 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

yikes.

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

If we’re talking about workload on May 2nd that’s a problem. 

39 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

this wasn't the greatest matchup for Bundy anyway.

Someone dropped him in my league. Was his start really that bad yesterday? 

14 hours ago, Picard56 said:

Based on this quote, it doesn't seem like it. 

1 hour ago, Akecheta said:

Someone dropped him in my league. Was his start really that bad yesterday? 

Based on this quote, it doesn't seem like it. 

Who knows. I dropped him too for walker Buelher. I think someone said earlier there was a drop in velocity in his fastball. He seems fragile, pitches in the wrong division for the wrong team. He also did something last year where he showed some promise and then the league started walking all over him for most of the year. Too volatile to own him I think. But other people may have a different opinion and that's ok.

Looks like last night he tried to throw more 2 seam and it was a pitiful pitch.  His 4 seam is lifeless as well.  His fastball just to put it frankly, sucks.  It’s an atrocious major league pitch for a variety of reasons.  Was hoping to see a velo uptick as he got farther away from surgery.  His changeup and slider are still very nice.  I’m going to be patient with him but I’m less optimistic than I was preseason.

3 hours ago, Picard56 said:

Who knows. I dropped him too for walker Buelher. I think someone said earlier there was a drop in velocity in his fastball. He seems fragile, pitches in the wrong division for the wrong team. He also did something last year where he showed some promise and then the league started walking all over him for most of the year. Too volatile to own him I think. But other people may have a different opinion and that's ok.

48 K's is what I'm looking at. I can't really do much better than that, considering what's on the waiver wire right now. 

3 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Looks like last night he tried to throw more 2 seam and it was a pitiful pitch.  His 4 seam is lifeless as well.  His fastball just to put it frankly, sucks.  It’s an atrocious major league pitch for a variety of reasons.  Was hoping to see a velo uptick as he got farther away from surgery.  His changeup and slider are still very nice.  I’m going to be patient with him but I’m less optimistic than I was preseason.

To me this is all in the last two starts frankly. He’s lost a tick or two. His sinker dipped a lot in the last start. I’m worried his durability is causing concern. 

Posted (edited)

We ready to dump this guy boys?

edit - 3 HR’s in a row no outs 

Edited by CorreaTown

Mother of god 

3 hours ago, CorreaTown said:

i wish i never traded for this clown

• Like 1

4 seamer sifting 89-90 with zero command.  Guessing he’s hurt.  His 4 Seam is arguably the worst in mlb currently.

Posted (edited)

He'll turn it around it against the pitiful Royals tonight. Have faith!

edit - Eh Soler just took him deep. Only 1 mistake though, can still have a good game

EDIT 2:

OOOOK BACK TO BACK BOMBS NOW

EDIT 3

WHAT THE $:@*(*(+&$#@?!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME BUNDY?

ED-nevermind I give up

Edited by cs3
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, CorreaTown said:

make that 4 HR's 

Someone post the “Stopppp, he’s already dead :(“ pic pls

goodbye my ratios

• Haha 1